Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 30, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order live)
Price: £32.99
Notes: 4K UHD + 2D. Limited to 500 copies

11491428-4024519277565606.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ripclaw
HMV UK have the same steelbook but that has 3D and 2D Discs and is the larger part of the overall print run

The Steelbook is the exact same with both 4K and 3D steelbooks only difference is the J-Card and Discs inside both have 2D Disc
That's why 4K steelbook is only 500 in the UK

This is getting released in other countries so other retailers will have the same steelbook also 4K and 3D editions
Are you 100% sure it's the same steel??? Transformers 4 had 2 different designs in UK.

Are you 100% sure it's the same steel??? Transformers 4 had 2 different designs in UK.
Same Steelbook just the discs different both though have 2D disc and is reason as to why the 4K steelbook is limited to 500

Same setup was used for Great Wall Steelbook

Universal do the distribution for Paramount releases in Europe

Last edited:
You have a super expensive TV and yet don't have a dedicated uhd player to get the best results :confused::confused:(n)(n)(n)

4K blurays look fantastic on the Xbox one S on my OLED.... Why would i spend £500+ on a top range player that is just a player and after i spent £200 on the XBox One s and get a fantastic image and its also a console that plays games etc... It gets alot of crap as a UHD player but it looks fantastic.

Ive always used my ps3 and ps4 as a bluray player also and again blurays look fantastic... People get to hooked on its a games console so it doesnt play blurays well enough... Well I go by what my eyes see and my ps4 and xbox one s produce fantastic viewing on my oled.

Last edited:
4K blurays look fantastic on the Xbox one S on my OLED.... Why would i spend £500+ on a top range player that is just a player and after i spent £200 on the XBox One s and get a fantastic image and its also a console that plays games etc... It gets alot of crap as a UHD player but it looks fantastic.

Ive always used my ps3 and ps4 as a bluray player also and again blurays look fantastic... People get to hooked on its a games console so it doesnt play blurays well enough... Well I go by what my eyes see and my ps4 and xbox one s produce fantastic viewing on my oled.
I'm same as u mate my Xbox one s provides an amazing 4k quality pic and sound so why buy a 4k player

Ive never been one to spend nearly £1,000 on a disc player, I used my ps2 as a dvd player until dvd players were under £150, I then used my ps3 and ps4 as a Bluray player and never needed a standalone player and also they do everything i need (Netflix, youtube, games, music etc)

The xbox one s has more appeal to me being a multifunctional device for £200 as opposed to a £500 player that does the same thing my console does (netflix, youtube etc) yet doesnt play games... It was a simple choice for me and im happy with what i have :)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Ive never been one to spend nearly £1,000 on a disc player, I used my ps2 as a dvd player until dvd players were under £150, I then used my ps3 and ps4 as a Bluray player and never needed a standalone player and also they do everything i need (Netflix, youtube, games, music etc)

The xbox one s has more appeal to me being a multifunctional device for £200 as opposed to a £500 player that does the same thing my console does (netflix, youtube etc) yet doesnt play games... It was a simple choice for me and im happy with what i have :)
I just found it strange that you went for a top of the range display but decided against a top of the range uhd player. I wasn't dissing your choice of Xbox per se.

Why buy a dedicated UHD player when he has a perfectly good Xbox One S? That's the same setup I'm running. Buying a dedicated player is redundant and adds clutter.

But carry on sounding like a snob because it's not your ideal setup.
Welcome back from your ban

Same Steelbook just the discs different both though have 2D disc and is reason as to why the 4K steelbook is limited to 500

Same setup was used for Great Wall Steelbook

Universal do the distribution for Paramount releases in Europe
This is becoming very tiresome ! Zavvi and Hmv splitting the 3d and 4k release's between themselves trying to make 4k "a thing to have" !? Clearly they are fixing the market which is illegal ! (Evidence is very clear !), both versions should be had from either seller or none at all. but more importantly, they are treating their customers with a type of arrogance that is very distasteful (remember "Z"box for recent history of such). Zavvi are destroying themselves here (unless they own Hmv), while they release old titles, Hmv appear to be releasing the current sought after blockbusters ?? Both Hmv and Zavvi should have more respect for the collectors of steelbooks !!!! Ps. "Zavvi, the home of steelbook collecting", apparently not any more. What's next, tesco for 2d blu ray steelbooks, b&m for dvd's ? Its getting stupid again, pack it in ! Pps. Just aswell the asian market listens and gives us what we want !

There's never a winning formular.
People moan for paying extra for 3D or 4K.
People moan for having the 3D instead of 4K.
People moan for having the 4K instead of 3D.
People moan for having 2D, 3D + 4K as it be too expensive.

Solution? Just split it, 3D for the 3D boys, and 4K for the 4K boys.

I think it's a fair split. Although it's nice to have one big package the cost would just hike up.

This is becoming very tiresome ! Zavvi and Hmv splitting the 3d and 4k release's between themselves trying to make 4k "a thing to have" !? Clearly they are fixing the market which is illegal ! (Evidence is very clear !), both versions should be had from either seller or none at all. but more importantly, they are treating their customers with a type of arrogance that is very distasteful (remember "Z"box for recent history of such). Zavvi are destroying themselves here (unless they own Hmv), while they release old titles, Hmv appear to be releasing the current sought after blockbusters ?? Both Hmv and Zavvi should have more respect for the collectors of steelbooks !!!! Ps. "Zavvi, the home of steelbook collecting", apparently not any more. What's next, tesco for 2d blu ray steelbooks, b&m for dvd's ? Its getting stupid again, pack it in ! Pps. Just aswell the asian market listens and gives us what we want !

It's more to do with the deals/contracts studios have with retailers for new releases. Zavvi have contracts with Disney which is why they get all the new Marvel and Disney releases. HMV have a contract with Warner which is why they get the DC steels. They also have the new Sony releases.

Paramount are more flexible in that they offer a steel with a set print run to a retailer and it's up to them to accept or decline. If one retailer declines, they'll move onto another one.

You'll have to buy the movie twice if you want 3D & 4K, sucks but it is what it is. I'll probably buy a 4k steelbook and 3d amaray (hopefully lenticular like the last one).

You'll have to buy the movie twice if you want 3D & 4K, sucks but it is what it is. I'll probably buy a 4k steelbook and 3d amaray (hopefully lenticular like the last one).

Then everyone would moan it be too expensive lol :p

It is what it is as you say :thumbs: