Transformers: The Movie (1986)

Would you buy the Transformers: The Movie (1985) steelbook?

• Yes

Votes: 40 75.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cprodrigues

Premium Supporter
Jul 11, 2011
São Paulo - Brazil
Transformers: The Movie (1986)

I will definitely buy this steelbook if they decide to release it, it was my favorite cartoon when I was a kid. :drool:

My ideal cover should be probably something clean, perhaps only a image that refers to the scene below. :naughty:

Tftm1986e.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Flash
I own this on blu ray, remember my grandma taking me to the cinema to watch this and snoring everyone deaf

this soooooo desevers a steelbook.
not only to go with the trilogy of steels we already have.
its a great film anyway, for anyone who loved transformers in the 80s (and looking at the crazy prices the toys fetch in ebay, theres a whole lot of us) this would be the jewel in the collection if its done right.
i have the (quite rare) blu already, but i would double dip and triple dip on this. steelbook, digibook whatever they throw at us.

The image is from the animation, the details too (Year of Release, Run Time, etc.). So, I really hope that it's not a mistake. :ohno:

Regards,

I understand that - just saying you shouldn't get your hopes up until it's confirmed. ;)

I understand that - just saying you shouldn't get your hopes up until it's confirmed. ;)

It's a good advise indeed, but since I don't have the steelbook of the Michael Bay's Transformers movie too, in any situation, I will get a steelbook that I want (even one not so desired :p), so, I already did the pre-order. ;)

Regards,

If you read the description there is no mistaking this is the Animated Movie. I just hope it's a kick ass debossed/embossed cover. Will go nicely with my 20th Anniversary DVD with 3D lenticular cover :)

Description
Please note this is Region B!

The Autobots must stop a colossal planet consuming robot who is after the Autobot Matrix of Leadership.
Special Features

Rating - M
Year of Release 1986
Run Time (minutes) 84
Language English
Blu-ray Region B
Media Format Blu-ray
Number of Discs 1
Genres Action

Just saying everyone, when this was first announced by the screen shot we got from a member here, it shows "Transformers the movie" but the runtime clearly shows 143 min, which is much larger of a run time than the animated film (83 min or so).

In addition, the information on ezy dvd is incorrect, as it shows steelbooks when Scanavo has stated they are not (likely metal boxes), and old pack shots from other places - not even the australian version of the amaray cases, as stated in another thread by a member here.

I just wouldn't want anyone to order the movie, thinking it was animated and they get the Michael Bay film.

So do what you want, I just wanted everyone to be aware of the potential issues with that listing on ezy dvd.

View attachment 9423

Last edited:
Reactions: cprodrigues
Andy,
You're correct, I sent an email to EzyDVD Customer Service inquiring them about what version of the 'Transformers: The Movie' they will release and they confirmed (unfortunately :() that the page is wrong and the movie that will be released is the first Michael Bay movie indeed.

So, false alarm. :tear:

Below is their answer:

Hi Cezar,

Thank you for your email.

I checked with our buying team and found out it is a listing error from us. The steelbook is not the original 1986 animated movies. It is actually the new Michael Bay movie. Therefore, please kindly confirm whether you would like us to cancel the order for you.

I can confirm that the payment has not been charged for this order yet.

If there is anything else we can do for you please do not hesitate to contact us.

Absolute classic,i remember the first time i saw this as a kid when everyone was shocked to hell when 4 of the popular G1 characters were killed off near the beginning.
Definite buy as a steelbook,added extras new scenes from the deleted storyboards(we'll probably never get to see them animated)!

Make this a steelbook !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.