Transformers: The Movie (1986)

Would you buy the Transformers: The Movie (1985) steelbook?

• Yes

Votes: 40 75.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cprodrigues

Premium Supporter
Jul 11, 2011
São Paulo - Brazil
Transformers: The Movie (1986)

I will definitely buy this steelbook if they decide to release it, it was my favorite cartoon when I was a kid. :drool:

My ideal cover should be probably something clean, perhaps only a image that refers to the scene below. :naughty:

Tftm1986e.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Flash
This is the only Transformers movie without a Steelbook release, and is a classic in childrens animation b4 western cartoons went all nanny state & no violence crap

Wld really like a ultra limited run steelbook done by Entertainment Store 4 this :drool: ...just hope its not too dated lookin now ...did this ever get remastered on bluray?

If it didnt, summer 2014 is a massive Transformers year with the ground breaking 3D IMAX new release of Transformers 4: Age of Extinction set to dominate the box office :cool: - perfect timing to release a newly remastered steelbook for this original animated movie :thumbs:

also i never realized this had such a good voice cast, inc Eric Idle, Judd Nelson, Leonard Nimoy, and Orson Welles EEK!

Absolutely, in a heartbeat. I recently gave in and grabbed the superior AUS Blu direct from madman.com.au it has amazing extras on it but I would own and double dip on the UK edition if there was a decent steel on the horizon.

Check out the ton of stuff on the Aus disc

Audio Commentary with Transformers expert Chris McFeely
Extras:
Test Footage & Deleted Scenes (with optional commentary)
Japanese Trailers with unseen footage (with optional commentary)
Alternative Scenes (US Version - International Version)
Interviews and Q & A:
-Interview with story consultant Flint Dille
-Peter Cullen Q & A
Trailers and TV Commercials:
-Movie TV Spots
-US Theatrical Trailer
-Japanese Trailer
-USA Toy Commercials
-Japanese Toy Commercials
-"Scramble City" Toy Commercials
"The Touch" music video by Stan Bush
Biographies:
-Character Bios
-Voice Actor Bios
-Musician Bios
Galleries and Storyboards:
-Photo Gallery
-Animated Storyboards
Bonus Episodes:
-Scramble City (with optional commentary)
-"Beast Wars" Optimal Situation
BD-ROM Content:
-"Transformers: The Movie" original script
Madman Trailers:
-Piracy Ad
-Transformers G1 The Complete Collection
-Beast Wars Season 3
-Robotech Shadow Chronicles
-Best Of Voltron Defender Of The Universe
-Starblazers The Complete Collection
-He-Man and The Masters Of The Universe The Complete Collection

Reactions: SaberTooth
why has this not yet been made, for that matter I don't even recall a Blu-ray of the 85 movie, plus we are 30 years in there should have been a G1 series Blu-ray release to boot

I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Though that said, my Ultimate Edition DVD comes in a steel tin if that counts to already 'technically' having one. :cool:

TFmovie.jpg

and yeah, that is a G1 boxset in background :D

Reactions: stevew1978
Would definitely buy this, I've just started getting my son into watching the older animated Transformers and the film which he loves so would be a day one purchase!

This film is a classic! So much heart and great action (excusing the garbage planet and sing song). When Optimus died... we cried! Please bring this to a remastered Steelbook near us! p.s. The film was released in 1986. Not 1985.

image.jpg
I would totally be all over this if they released it in a steel with the stunning artwork as seem on the Australian blu ray release, in high gloss steel form it would be one the most stunning steelbooks out there. I have the Australian release (amaray case) and the picture is really good considering.

I have had money in an envelope in my Transformers display case for over two years waiting for this to be announced.

I'd be all over this like a tramp on chips. I loved this film has a kid and still love it now. It would be nice if we got a remastered picture and audio version if not I'd still be happy with the standard release in steelbook form with a nice high gloss finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.