Tron Legacy (Lenticular) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 20, 2017
Purchase link: Tron Legacy (Pre-order around 6 PM, February 26)
Price: £17.99

11408853-1254458444284247.jpg

11408853-9864458447969075.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if they flipped the front and back because the bike image is more suited to a lenti. I'm interested if the lenti is decent quality.

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
but I wonder if they're going to shrink these images for the lentis, like they did with the other Disney wave.
Looking at the framing border on the Zavvi mock-up I'd say that's the only way to avoid alignment issues . . . and we know how bad these steels can look when the size of the image on the lenti doesn't correspond to the size of the image on the steelbook itself (the recent AGE OF ULTRON being the worst offender) so hopefully all the main parts of the image are within frame.
11408853-2084458449398236.jpg

Yes, makes sense not to use that Tron disc thingy on the front this time around but surely a different image for the steelbook lenticular could have been found instead of the two bikes which have been used on multiple releases?
tron_legacy_ver6.jpg

. . . but after checking the 25 or so original poster designs I guess not . . .

Anyway, should be GBP 17.99 like THE ROCKETEER if missing the 3D disc.

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
I think this poster art would be good:

tron-legacy-movie-poster-2010-1010696960.jpg

and would lead very naturally to a Tron (original) steelbook with the matching imagery:

Tron_poster.jpg

But the idea of a steelbook for Tron Legacy, widely regarded as a signature 3D film, and with a 3D lenticular cover, but without the 3D disc . . . "You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

The same release again with artwork swapped around, inside image may be better but happy with the first release and the Lenti releases are a hit and miss, on to the next release.

One of my favourite films
The soundtrack is awesome and gives any home cinema a major workout
I hope the lenti is good but surely it must include the 3D disc

Ahhh another potentially great release. I'll be waiting for the beauty shots as there's no premium version of this as far as I can tell. Still, if I get this and Wreck-It Ralph I might want to get them all just to complete the set...I'm playing a dangerous game here (but such is the life of a steelbook collector!).

Swapping the art from front to back and possibly removing the 3D - the laziest rerelease yet.
This has gotta be a new low for Zavvi.

Reactions: gaeljet
^ Yes, 3D TV may be dead or at least dying with broadcasters cutting back or ceasing 3D broadcasting and TV manufacturers hopping away from 3D on to the 4K HDR bandwagon BUT there have still been 1.5 Million 3D TVs sold during the past few years in the U.K. and I don't know how many 3D Blu-ray players so IMO 3D discs should be included in the premium package for at least the next few years especially as in this case where it was included in the previous steelbook.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Further to the post above this short vid will give an idea of how our lenticular should behave:-

• Thanks
Reactions: DrH and Punker76
^ Yes, 3D TV may be dead or at least dying with broadcasters cutting back or ceasing 3D broadcasting and TV manufacturers hopping away from 3D on to the 4K HDR bandwagon BUT there have still been 1.5 Million 3D TVs sold during the past few years in the U.K. and I don't know how many 3D Blu-ray players so IMO 3D discs should be included in the premium package for at least the next few years especially as in this case where it was included in the previous steelbook.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Further to the post above this short vid will give an idea of how our lenticular should behave:-

Yes- it'll probably be like this- except just... substantially less good.

Is it strange to like watching videos of lenticulars more than looking at the actual lenticulars? I don't know why, they just look really cool on video. :)

I'm a big Tron fan, so I will probably end up getting this. I think I prefer the use of the lightcycle for the interior artwork and front. Maybe we can call this an unofficial Lightcycle edition.