Trophies / Achievements

Do you collect Trophies/Achievements?

• Total voters

yeslek

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Nov 18, 2011
Staffordshite, UK
Just wondering if many people on here are fussed about these.

Do you trophy/achievement hunt?
Do you not care?
Or like me, do you use it as an excuse to stay with and explore a game beyond the campaign - consider the hunt part of the fun?
Do you feel proud at some you’ve gained?
For those on both gaming systems, do you have a preference over trophies vs achievement?

Opinions and views welcome.
Or if you have any tips, need help with boosting, post here :)

Overall I'm not that bothered about them, but if I enjoy a game enough and want more out of it, then I'll go trophy hunting! :D

P.S. I've added a poll to give us a better idea of whether people here collect them or not.

Really depends on the game for me. I went through a period on PS3 where I got quite into going for platinum trophies but I certainly never became one of those people who's obsessed by it and will trudge through games I dislike just to increase my level. And I certainly find that far too many trophies are pure uninspired busywork: I tend prefer those that offer a challenge in terms of skill rather than just time invested in grinding up a number or the kleptomania involved in collecting 1 million special dots! I am pretty proud of gaining a few though. Off the top of my head these were pretty hard as balls to get.. the first few I honestly got a rush from finally getting because they took so long for me to achieve. If every one felt like that I'd probably do alot more hunting. :rofl:

Vanquish Platinum (especially related to the trophy for the Challenge Mode, the last couple of stages were insanely tough!)

Catherine's Babel Tower Challenge (solo) trophies

Contender (beat Hoarde mode) and The Dash Eternal trophies in Hyper Light Drifter.. I never even attempted the zero deaths trophy!

Ninja Gaiden Σ2 Master Ninja

Ninja Gaiden 3 (Master and Ultimate Ninja trophies on the original release and Razor's Edge)

Dead Space 2's Hardcore mode trophy

No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise Platinum - this genuinely was just a grind which I tend to hate but I'm proud I pushed through the boredom!

Kane and Lynch 2 the gold trophy for finishing on Extreme (brutally annoying difficulty with terrible inaccurate guns!)

Probably more I'm forgetting (or blocking out of my mind :smuggrin: ) I seem to recall something in MGS Rising being a pain to get for the platinum but I got there as well in the end. These days though I guess I'll only platinum something if the game is that appealing.. or its just not a huge time sink.

see I used to never care but then I threatened to overtake a buddy's trophy level (he was 16 I was just peaking into 10) and since it got me bitten.
During that time I paid any ps+ free crap to get my level over his and now am just about to crack level 17, I'm back to just wanting to platinum games I enjoy - though there are some trophies I am proud of such as the 'Belly of the Beast' raid completion trophy from Destiny 2 :) finally scored that baby on monday.

But the one am gunning for an expect will take a while is the GTAV platinum. Some of the bronze trophies require so much time and skill its insane.

Achievements dont bother me, but thats partly becuase there is no platinum - something about that extra trophy after completing all others appeals to me - and because I've had an xbox for barely a year. The points scores of Xbox just doesnt have that same satisfaction as trophies popping.

My gripe is getting stuck on multiplayer trophies - such as the last couple of Destiny and Division (and there are still 2 GTAV Online ones I need another player to trigger for me) as I'm mostly a solo gamer on like 90% of my games.

Reactions: Steelselecta
see I used to never care but then I threatened to overtake a buddy's trophy level (he was 16 I was just peaking into 10) and since it got me bitten.
During that time I paid any ps+ free crap to get my level over his and now am just about to crack level 17, I'm back to just wanting to platinum games I enjoy - though there are some trophies I am proud of such as the 'Belly of the Beast' raid completion trophy from Destiny 2 :) finally scored that baby on monday.

But the one am gunning for an expect will take a while is the GTAV platinum. Some of the bronze trophies require so much time and skill its insane.

Achievements dont bother me, but thats partly becuase there is no platinum - something about that extra trophy after completing all others appeals to me - and because I've had an xbox for barely a year. The points scores of Xbox just doesnt have that same satisfaction as trophies popping.

My gripe is getting stuck on multiplayer trophies - such as the last couple of Destiny and Division (and there are still 2 GTAV Online ones I need another player to trigger for me) as I'm mostly a solo gamer on like 90% of my games.

I’ve had an obsession with achievements since the Xbox 360- but only for games I like, I don’t play games I don’t like for achievements, it’s got to be a game I like. Got over 98000 GS now and around 50 % of my games I’ve got 100% of achievements ( DLC mucks it up sometimes, as I may of completed 100%, sold the game, and the bloody DLC comes out! I don’t fall for that though, once I’m done, I’m done!)

Like many here, I like to enjoy the game first before going hunting. What bugs me though are multiplayer achievements- I mainly play solo and by the time I get to the multiplayer part of the game, the servers are dead so no chance of getting the trickier achievements.

A couple of my claim to fames are:

Titanfall -
8C2C530E-4C9B-43E5-8A77-8F0CA2C63CB7.png

Resident Evil Remake:

2A73A857-FF88-478C-A92C-6125BD2E9813.png

Resident evil 0:

518CA16A-BFD7-4274-A2A8-EE208F50369B.png

@Steelselecta I despise online trophies as well. :smuggrin: Got those REmake and RE0 trophies myself as well. Platinum was more of a slog on RE0 as I recall - Leech Hunter mode and stuff really dragged it out! Think you had to finish with Wesker and evil Rebecca as well? So many playthroughs! :wow:

• Thanks
@Steelselecta I despise online trophies as well. :smuggrin: Got those REmake and RE0 trophies myself as well. Platinum was more of a slog on RE0 as I recall - Leech Hunter mode and stuff really dragged it out! Think you had to finish with Wesker and evil Rebecca as well? So many playthroughs! :wow:
Yeah the RE0 cheevos were a bit much, so many play throughs like you say. It actually made me dislike the game a bit after having to go through leech hunter mode so many times with that god awful music! The wife wasn’t happy!! :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: Last Lizard
I’ve had an obsession with achievements since the Xbox 360- but only for games I like, I don’t play games I don’t like for achievements, it’s got to be a game I like. Got over 98000 GS now and around 50 % of my games I’ve got 100% of achievements ( DLC mucks it up sometimes, as I may of completed 100%, sold the game, and the bloody DLC comes out! I don’t fall for that though, once I’m done, I’m done!)

Like many here, I like to enjoy the game first before going hunting. What bugs me though are multiplayer achievements- I mainly play solo and by the time I get to the multiplayer part of the game, the servers are dead so no chance of getting the trickier achievements.

A couple of my claim to fames are:

Titanfall -
View attachment 388759

Resident Evil Remake:

View attachment 388760

Resident evil 0:

View attachment 388761
Dislike xbox achievements for the reason you say.
It's why I prefer platinum trophies as it signifies what games you've fully completed, disregarding dlc. Xbox need to resolve that for sure.

Am with you on multilayer trophies - wanted to platinum Tomb Raider but there are a handful of multilayers ones. Same with The Division: got a few dark zone/multiplayer ones holding me back.

• Thanks
Dislike xbox achievements for the reason you say.
It's why I prefer platinum trophies as it signifies what games you've fully completed, disregarding dlc. Xbox need to resolve that for sure.

Am with you on multiplayer trophies - wanted to platinum Tomb Raider but there are a handful of multilayers ones. Same with The Division: got a few dark zone/multiplayer ones holding me back.
Yeah those Tomb Raider multiplayer Cheevos were a pain! I got them all, but it was a MAJOR pain in the arse! Like this one!
A85A46E7-4086-4050-BB8B-DE183FB83825.png

annoyingly, the collector in me needs/wants the platinum / 100% trophies but I have so many games I want to play and finish that am not sure am ever going to put the time in required for some of the multiplayer trophies out there