UK
Release date: June 1st, 2015
Purchase link: True Detective: Season 1
Price: £21.99
Notes: spot gloss finish.

81lTFVqFCkL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Damn it!

For the past three years I have hardly bought individual seasons of TV shows, but I bought this one in an amaray slipcover because technically it's a miniseries - though they're calling it "season 1", but I bet season 2 of the show will have a subtitle, "True Detective: Full Throttle" or something awesome like that.

Will have to double dip then... it's especially frustrating since there are so few TV shows getting steelbook editions, and when one gets a steelbook it has to be one of the few I had already bought. :wacky:

Though time is a flat circle so maybe I can go back to when I purchased it and stop myself from doing it :cyborg:.

It's HBO so it will be a region free, subtitles-friendly release, btw.

I hope it will stay long enough in stock for me to buy it at a low price. I don't want to pay a lot of money for the exact same discs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Agent_DVD
"Dear Pyszny,

I'm afraid we've been trying to get hold of True Detective - Steelbook (Blu-ray) (Catalog Number: 1000565954) for some time now, but unfortunately we have now learnt that our suppliers have withdrawn this item from sale.
I'm very sorry that we will not be able to fulfil your order for this item but we are certain that we will not be able to get any more of it.

We have now removed it from our site. As we cannot get this item, we have removed it from your order.
If you had other items on this order they will not have been affected and will still be sent to you as normal.
You can view and check the latest status of your order at http://www.base.com/account.

Kind regards,

Customer Services

If you have any other questions, check our FAQ at www.base.com/faq"

Hopefully this is still happening in some shape or form. True Detective is right up there with Breaking Bad and Hannibal for me. I've lost count of the amount of times I've gone back and watched that long shot/take from the fourth episode :)

I'd have true detective right up at the top with The Wire as the finest tv show to grace our screens ,it really is exceptional with barely a note out of place .
Must buy for mine.

I didn't see that before with the item being cancelled. Strange. Hope this happens now and at a decent price

In a way yes id like more tv shows to get steelbooks but it's just another way of the companies to totally rip people off for old shows but putting them in steelbooks and we all get sucked in :(