Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: June 1st, 2015
Purchase link: True Detective: Season 1
Price: £21.99
Notes: spot gloss finish.

81lTFVqFCkL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
If this does turn out to be the same as Target's, then I may have to go back on my word and pick it up. I'll be very surprised if it is though... have the UK ever had a steelbook release with a clear plastic slip, or any slip for that matter? I can't recall any. Not that there isn't a first for everything though! *fingers crossed*

If this does turn out to be the same as Target's, then I may have to go back on my word and pick it up. I'll be very surprised if it is though... have the UK ever had a steelbook release with a clear plastic slip, or any slip for that matter? I can't recall any. Not that there isn't a first for everything though! *fingers crossed*

I think the title might be printed for us if it is the same design but I may be wrong

Was hoping this would be bit cheaper I mean breaking bad were only £20?

It doesn't say zavvi exclusive so do you think other retailers in the UK will have it?

Was hoping this would be bit cheaper I mean breaking bad were only £20?

It doesn't say zavvi exclusive so do you think other retailers in the UK will have it?
Well the blu-ray currently sits at £23.57 on Amazon. So if you think of it that way you're just paying an extra £4.42 for the artwork and the different style of packaging. With the 5% code you're paying an extra £3.02. For me, True Detective might just be my favourite television show - so I don't mind essentially paying £3/4 for each episode. But I suppose it's all about working out how you feel about the price once the artwork is up and whatnot :) And I imagine the Breaking Bad steels would perhaps be slightly more expensive if there were less of them maybe, say if it only ran for three seasons or something.

Comes to £25.19 with VB50 code

20p more than Cinderella or a disney/Pixar film with 3D (without a code) not too bad. Will look out for other retailers tho

Reactions: Flash
Well the blu-ray currently sits at £23.57 on Amazon. So if you think of it that way you're just paying an extra £4.42 for the artwork and the different style of packaging. With the 5% code you're paying an extra £3.02. For me, True Detective might just be my favourite television show - so I don't mind essentially paying £3/4 for each episode. But I suppose it's all about working out how you feel about the price once the artwork is up and whatnot :) And I imagine the Breaking Bad steels would perhaps be slightly more expensive if there were less of them maybe, say if it only ran for three seasons or something.

You make a good point :)