Completed True Detective (Season 4) [HBO Max]

Jan 25, 2012
Piraeus, Greece
The first official "True Detective" trailer was released this evening on HBO prior to the "Boardwalk Empire" season premiere and you can now watch it below!

"True Detective" is written by Nic Pizzolatto and directed by Cary Fukunaga. It centers on two detectives, Rust Cohle (Matthew McConaughey) and Martin Hart (Woody Harrelson), whose lives collide and entwine during a seventeen-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana. The investigation of a bizarre murder in 1995 is framed and interlaced with testimony from the detectives in 2012, when the case has been reopened.

"True Detective" premieres in January of 2014.

Attachments

• True Detective.jpg
    True Detective.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 331
Last edited by a moderator:
I think everyone was speechless with Daddario in that scene!

The show is fantastic though as well, great acting, story, cinematography, music. Love it!

For those who watch the show, can someone explain why episode 4 is not following episode 3? End of episode 3 was so intense, and then start of episode 4 seems to happen before... I was a little bit confused, but episode 4 confirms this show is slowly becoming cult!

Loved it just watched finale:scat: I look forward to season 2!

I worry about season 2. Both McConaughey and Harrelson wont be back! :(

They MADE the show. I don't know who they are going to get as the new detectives for season 2 but its going to be hard to beat Rust and Marty...

I hope the new case will relate somehow to this season. Connect it in some way. We'll see what happens I guess.

Great show. Awesome finale.

Was quite disapointed with the last 2 episodes... First 6 were so intense and great that it was a bit of a let down... But now that I know that it will be the same kind of principle as American Horror Story: a new story, a new place, and new actors from the movies... I quite understand how they had to wrap up things quickly.
Yeah that's it. It seemed a bit rushed. I think it would have not hurt to have a 10 episodes season...

It will be hard for season 2 to live up to the expectations after this awesome season, and the fantastic duo of leading actors... But I'm sure with its success for season 1, a lot of important names are going to consider it.
I would love to see someone like Julia Roberts, or Jodie Foster... I mean, season 2 will be about strong women vs bad men...

I worry about season 2. Both McConaughey and Harrelson wont be back! :(

They MADE the show. I don't know who they are going to get as the new detectives for season 2 but its going to be hard to beat Rust and Marty...

I hope the new case will relate somehow to this season. Connect it in some way. We'll see what happens I guess.

Great show. Awesome finale.

Awww, that stinks. Seems Brad Pitt is being considered? Only googled quickly, so I am not sure if that will stick....

Great series. I mean just f*cking brilliant. Seriously, people this was one of the best if not the best character studies every put on screen. What a brilliant script which was as brilliantly executed and brought to life by the actors and show runners. I haven't seen TV this great from a technical stand point, I think ever.

TV is definitely having a second golden era. Enjoy it while it lasts me thinks. Just look at all the movie actors coming back to the small screen these days. Never used to happen before. Its a testament to the great TV shows being put out these days. If only the studio's would stop chasing numbers and money all the time and show some loyalty and support for there own show's a little more than they do. Breaking Bad anyone? AMC stuck with it and what a legend that show is now.

Back on topic though Im glad Matt & Woody aren't coming back. No reason to mess up what was pure brilliance with a design for only one season. Would rather see another character study done on screen with different actors and storyline completely separate from this one.

True Detective makes a case for the best TV show ever made in my life I think, in my mind anyways.

Reactions: spass
Colin Farrell Confirmed for Season 2.
Interesting choice. He has done some great work the past few years (In Bruges, Horrible Bosses, Saving Mr. Banks). I'm totally cool with this casting.

• Informative
Reactions: MGD and PunkNinja
Vince Vaughn now Confirmed for season 2 as well.

Character Descriptions:
- Colin Farrell as Ray Velcoro, a compromised detective whose allegiances are torn between his masters in a corrupt police department and the mobster who owns him.

- Vince Vaughn as Frank Semyon, a career criminal in danger of losing his empire when his move into legitimate enterprise is upended by the murder of a business partner.

Reactions: MGD