Unboxing Pics & Videos (From HDN Members)

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Package from yabe.
SUSEP (4).JPG
SUSEP (5).JPG
SUSEP (9).JPG
SUSEP (8).JPG
SUSEP (2).JPG
SUSEP (3).JPG
SUSEP (7).JPG
SUSEP (6).JPG
SUSEP (10).JPG
SUSEP.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The Blues Brothers: Extended Version Deluxe Edition (Germany)

The package is DVD-sized and is very sturdy.

f7a8106643b0.jpg

36f4d899d870.jpg

The edition is limited by 5555 pieces and contains not only the newly re-graded Extended edition of The Blues Brothers, but also the Theatrical version, Blues Brothers 2000 (all three on 3 BluRays) and the documentation "The Best of the Blues Brothers" (on DVD).

cc171c00fbec.jpg

The German rating logo is removable. The finish of the box is flat, without any glossy or embossed effects.

36cb5a7dac5e.jpg

The back. The text is printed on it and is in German.

8b86034ef925.jpg

The technical data. This is the only release worldwide of The Blues Brothers with English in DTS-HDMA.

8a4f240ed211.jpg

Opening the box. It contains a decent digipak.

49e65e7b2b14.jpg

The digipak also has a flat finish without any effects.

33c241ff6255.jpg

The digipak is actually English-friendly.

24fadffd06b9.jpg

Folding out: a big THE BLUES BROTHERS on the outside...

59689b2cfc85.jpg

2b578c0100c4.jpg

...and the iconic intro logo profile shot from the inside.

2bf900f426bd.jpg

All the discs have similar design.

f4ec17d819df.jpg

The photo collage on the trays: pictures from the original Blues Brothers movie.

a604869eb953.jpg

49759e62ab77.jpg

Once again the disc labels. :)

18327d0d3975.jpg

And now for the goodies. The limitation number is printed on a mugshot card which is a really nice idea.

a38da51c8df2.jpg

My box is No. 3950 out of 5555. :)

20e68b00340b.jpg

A (miniature) registration number of the Bluesmobile.

2a423ece2720.jpg

Prop Replica: the visit card of Burton Mercer (John Candy) and the one of Murph and the Magictones (really cheesy in a good way!)

5b13acd4cbc4.jpg

Two car stickers (in German). The one says "It's 106 miles to Chicago...", the other one says "On a mission from God"

06bebfcddce2.jpg

aaa3f26b6764.jpg

Prop Replica: Elwood's driving license. Elwood is born on 12/6/1953 by the way.

20b52a864cae.jpg

The backside of the license.

9fe40f50d04c.jpg

Seven postcards with (German) quotes from the movie.

7d65a247d910.jpg

The small "stamps" actually do fit the front sides!

4dfea309ffe4.jpg

The theatrical poster: the German version (without the "THE").

9ca45f98cfe9.jpg

On the other side another prop replica: the advertizing poster for the concert from the movie.

86662e092529.jpg

The booklet doesn't look like much from the outside...

da168c578dc9.jpg

...however, it is really nice. On 48 pages it contains background infos, interviews as well as photos, posters and lobby cards.

72c825ffd713.jpg

Not very English-friendly: it's completely in German. :)

7a145977ccca.jpg

However, a picture says more than a thousand words. :)

f7637b924987.jpg

The Blues Brothers: Extended Version Deluxe Edition (Germany)

The package is DVD-sized and is very sturdy.

f7a8106643b0.jpg

36f4d899d870.jpg

The edition is limited by 5555 pieces and contains not only the newly re-graded Extended edition of The Blues Brothers, but also the Theatrical version, Blues Brothers 2000 (all three on 3 BluRays) and the documentation "The Best of the Blues Brothers" (on DVD).

cc171c00fbec.jpg

The German rating logo is removable. The finish of the box is flat, without any glossy or embossed effects.

36cb5a7dac5e.jpg

The back. The text is printed on it and is in German.

8b86034ef925.jpg

The technical data. This is the only release worldwide of The Blues Brothers with English in DTS-HDMA.

8a4f240ed211.jpg

Opening the box. It contains a decent digipak.

49e65e7b2b14.jpg

The digipak also has a flat finish without any effects.

33c241ff6255.jpg

The digipak is actually English-friendly.

24fadffd06b9.jpg

Folding out: a big THE BLUES BROTHERS on the outside...

59689b2cfc85.jpg

2b578c0100c4.jpg

...and the iconic intro logo profile shot from the inside.

2bf900f426bd.jpg

All the discs have similar design.

f4ec17d819df.jpg

The photo collage on the trays: pictures from the original Blues Brothers movie.

a604869eb953.jpg

49759e62ab77.jpg

Once again the disc labels. :)

18327d0d3975.jpg

And now for the goodies. The limitation number is printed on a mugshot card which is a really nice idea.

a38da51c8df2.jpg

My box is No. 3950 out of 5555. :)

20e68b00340b.jpg

A (miniature) registration number of the Bluesmobile.

2a423ece2720.jpg

Prop Replica: the visit card of Burton Mercer (John Candy) and the one of Murph and the Magictones (really cheesy in a good way!)

5b13acd4cbc4.jpg

Two car stickers (in German). The one says "It's 106 miles to Chicago...", the other one says "On a mission from God"

06bebfcddce2.jpg

aaa3f26b6764.jpg

Prop Replica: Elwood's driving license. Elwood is born on 12/6/1953 by the way.

20b52a864cae.jpg

The backside of the license.

9fe40f50d04c.jpg

Seven postcards with (German) quotes from the movie.

7d65a247d910.jpg

The small "stamps" actually do fit the front sides!

4dfea309ffe4.jpg

The theatrical poster: the German version (without the "THE").

9ca45f98cfe9.jpg

On the other side another prop replica: the advertizing poster for the concert from the movie.

86662e092529.jpg

The booklet doesn't look like much from the outside...

da168c578dc9.jpg

...however, it is really nice. On 48 pages it contains background infos, interviews as well as photos, posters and lobby cards.

72c825ffd713.jpg

Not very English-friendly: it's completely in German. :)

7a145977ccca.jpg

However, a picture says more than a thousand words. :)

f7637b924987.jpg
Now that's what i call goodies :thumbs: Excellent edition.

Reactions: TheHutt
Such as......:D (Not saying there isnt I just want to see which ones u have!)
Ex Machina was pretty perfect. HDzeta Interstellar (that one steelbook that only comes in the box set is killer!).
Blufans Box set of Guardians of the Galaxy. Blufans Pacific Rim. Original Captain America steelbook (shield)..

I have plenty of editions that disagree!:naughty:

Ex Machina was pretty perfect. HDzeta Interstellar (that one steelbook that only comes in the box set is killer!).
Blufans Box set of Guardians of the Galaxy. Blufans Pacific Rim. Original Captain America steelbook (shield)..
Oh i'm sure they are all perfect for you. But i'm also sure i can find one person that could find fault in each of your perfect edition. :naughty:
What i'm trying to say is, perfection is subjective. However, it is treated as definite. :D

P.S. - BF's Pacific Rim is one of the releases I'm proud to own. :thumbs: And which Ex Machina? FAC could have been better in terms of art; Mondo X was perfect :)

Reactions: C.C. 95
Oh i'm sure they are all perfect for you. But i'm also sure i can find one person that could find fault in each of your perfect edition. :naughty:
What i'm trying to say is, perfection is subjective. However, it is treated as definite. :D

P.S. - BF's Pacific Rim is one of the releases I'm proud to own. :thumbs: And which Ex Machina? FAC could have been better in terms of art; Mondo X was perfect :)
Mondo X Ex Machina was great. The Standard release was amazing too! (The embossed on white).
Of course, all artist endevours are subjective! I happen to believe the Nova Lentis for Edge of Tomorrow and John Wick are perfect releases! Even though it has German title, the German Once Upon a Time in West is just about perfect. (Some will discount editions that don't have gloss, or emboss, etc. - all a matter of taste. Some steelbooks are better without gloss or emboss!:OMG: Heresy!:OMG:).:LOL:

Reactions: AlienKing
Mondo X Ex Machina was great. The Standard release was amazing too! (The embossed on white).
Of course, all artist endevours are subjective! I happen to believe the Nova Lentis for Edge of Tomorrow and John Wick are perfect releases! Even though it has German title, the German Once Upon a Time in West is just about perfect. (Some will discount editions that don't have gloss, or emboss, etc. - all a matter of taste. Some steelbooks are better without gloss or emboss!:OMG: Heresy!:OMG:).:LOL:
Oh right. Completely forgot about the WWA Ex machina. That was great too. I dont own it though.

And don't get me started on EoT. I own TONS of lenticulars, and EoT shocked me like no other. It is the best lenti to date I've seen. John Wick is a second but i have many seconds. :)

Oh right. Completely forgot about the WWA Ex machina. That was great too. I dont own it though.

And don't get me started on EoT. I own TONS of lenticulars, and EoT shocked me like no other. It is the best lenti to date I've seen. John Wick is a second but i have many seconds. :)
Totally agree. If more people saw the EoT lenti, they would understand how "depth lentis" done right are so much better than shifting image lentis. EoT looks like a straight up hologram - It's like my slipcover is a box a foot deep, and they placed little Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt figurines inside that I could reach in and pull out!

Reactions: AlienKing
Totally agree. If more people saw the EoT lenti, they would understand how "depth lentis" done right are so much better than shifting image lentis. EoT looks like a straight up hologram - It's like my slipcover is a box a foot deep, and they placed little Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt figurines inside that I could reach in and pull out!
:LOL: :drool::thumbs: