Oct 3, 2010
Drums, PA
Release: April 26th, 2016
Platform: PS4
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

Several years after his last adventure, retired fortune hunter, Nathan Drake, is forced back into the world of thieves. With the stakes much more personal, Drake embarks on a globe-trotting journey in pursuit of a historical conspiracy behind a fabled pirate treasure. His greatest adventure will test his physical limits, his resolve, and ultimately what he's willing to sacrifice to save the ones he loves.

From Gamesthirst.com:

Naughty Dog is now a two-game developing studio, The Last of Us and Uncharted IPs. Of the latter, Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception was the last title to grace PS3, but we never doubted for once that Naughty Dog would continue the bestselling franchise on PS4.

But we hadn’t heard anything about the game until today, when Lost and The Lord of the Rings actor Dominic Monaghan spilled the beans while speaking today at a conference regarding his work on the live-action series for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified.

According to Monaghan, he simply can’t wait for the next Naughty Dog epic, hinting that he knows a thing or two about it.

“I’ll always stay focused on the gaming world and see what’s coming up,” he said. “The new Uncharted I’m really excited to see how that’s going to be and obviously both new gaming systems.”

Of course we knew that Sony held back some major announcements from its E3 presser because PS4 was being unveiled, and no one wants to debut their big game in the shadows of a next generation console.

GamesCom, maybe? Let’s hope so, but it’s good to finally get semi-confirmation that Naughty Dog is hard at work on one of the best franchises ever forged.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 363
Last edited by a moderator:
@Noodles wanted me to share my thoughts after completing the game, so that's what I'm here to do (though be warned, you'll most likely disagree with me).

I loved the Uncharted games on the PS3. Other than Metal Gear Solid 4 and The Last of Us, they're the best games that the PS3 had to offer. I'm on an island of my own, though, as Uncharted 2 was actually my least favourite in the trilogy. For me, it's 3>1>2. When the first trailer came out for Uncharted 4, I knew that I needed a PS4 immediately. Well, I bought that PS4 and after waiting for what seemed like an eternity, Uncharted 4 finally arrived. So, what do I think? Well, I can guarantee that I'll once again be on the island of my own once I share my thoughts...

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End is one of the most disappointing games I've played in a long time. To me, it feels like Naughty Dog put an Uncharted skin over top of The Last of Us and inserted the Uncharted characters in. At most times, it does not feel like an Uncharted game at all.

Now, I had a feeling this was going to happen once Amy Hennig (director of the first three Uncharted games) received the boot and the team behind The Last of Us came onboard. The Last of Us gameplay, pace, and optional conversations fit perfectly with The Last of Us; it's nearly a perfect game. I did not want what made that game so special to effect Uncharted, but it did.

Uncharted 4's pacing at the beginning of the game is all over the place. It feels like you're playing multiple prologues until finally getting into the actual game. The chapters revolving around young Nathan were probably the most fun in the whole game. If a prequel game ever happens, I hope to see more of that. I also enjoyed walking around in Nathan/Elena's home and seeing all the treasures and relics that I found in the first three games. That was extremely cool. My love for Elena grew even more-so during that chapter. She's easily my favourite female character in any game ever. Still, though... you're on a boat with Sam, then you're kid Nathan, then you're 20-something Nathan, then you're junk diver Nathan, then you're in-a-house-with-Elena, and THEN you're playing the story of the game.

Most of my dislike from Uncharted 4 comes from the character of Sam Drake. I absolutely loathe that character. He annoyed the hell out of me throughout the entire game and I couldn't stand partnering with him through most chapters. If they would've made him the villain (like the original teaser trailer -- the one directed by Amy Hennig -- suggested he would be), I may've felt differently, but since they didn't do that and this just felt like a way to shoehorn Troy Baker into another Naughty Dog game, I spent most of my time rolling my eyes. To most degree, I've liked most supporting characters in the Uncharted series that played alongside me -- Elena, Sully, Chloe, Charlie, Tenzin, etc. -- but Sam being with me in Uncharted 4 nearly killed my experience. The only chapters I truly enjoyed were the ones where Elena and Sully were alongside me.

Rafe was a fun villain. I enjoyed him a lot. The final battle with him was possibly one of the most annoying, infuriating boss battles I've ever experienced, though. The response time for the commands during that battle were horrid and I almost rage-quit ... something I haven't done in years.

The third act of the game was too long. It was walk, get ambushed, massive shootout, walk, get ambushed, massive shootout, walk... it was just a repeating pattern that was boring to me. I didn't think I would say this, but the Tomb Raider reboot was actually more enjoyable. Also, no monsters or anything this time around? That was one of the coolest things about the Uncharted trilogy! I was really expecting some pirate ghosts or something... or freakin' man-eating mummies since the set-up was there... but alas, nothing.

The epilogue was weird. Really, it was super weird. Fast-forward a bunch of years and I'm playing as Nate and Elena's daughter? That was a strange way to end the series. I can only assume that it was done to introduce a character that could possibly take over the Uncharted series one day if Sony decides to continue it.

I don't know. With the first three games, I replayed them numerous times to find all the treasures, but with Uncharted 4, I can't really be bothered. I was actually relieved when it was done. That's so sad for me. I was on the Uncharted train before it was the PS3's big draw. I've loved this series and these characters for years. This game, though... it doesn't feel like Uncharted to me. I REALLY wish I could've played Amy Hennig's game because I believe that would've been the perfect end for the series. That's not going to happen, though, so I guess this is it. 3>1>2>4 -- so long, Nate! At least your fourth game was pretty to look at.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
  • Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
@Noodles wanted me to share my thoughts after completing the game, so that's what I'm here to do (though be warned, you'll most likely disagree with me).

I loved the Uncharted games on the PS3. Other than Metal Gear Solid 4 and The Last of Us, they're the best games that the PS3 had to offer. I'm on an island of my own, though, as Uncharted 2 was actually my least favourite in the trilogy. For me, it's 3>1>2. When the first trailer came out for Uncharted 4, I knew that I needed a PS4 immediately. Well, I bought that PS4 and after waiting for what seemed like an eternity, Uncharted 4 finally arrived. So, what do I think? Well, I can guarantee that I'll once again be on the island of my own once I share my thoughts...

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End is one of the most disappointing games I've played in a long time. To me, it feels like Naughty Dog put an Uncharted skin over top of The Last of Us and inserted the Uncharted characters in. At most times, it does not feel like an Uncharted game at all.

Now, I had a feeling this was going to happen once Amy Hennig (director of the first three Uncharted games) received the boot and the team behind The Last of Us came onboard. The Last of Us gameplay, pace, and optional conversations fit perfectly with The Last of Us; it's nearly a perfect game. I did not want what made that game so special to effect Uncharted, but it did.

Uncharted 4's pacing at the beginning of the game is all over the place. It feels like you're playing multiple prologues until finally getting into the actual game. The chapters revolving around young Nathan were probably the most fun in the whole game. If a prequel game ever happens, I hope to see more of that. I also enjoyed walking around in Nathan/Elena's home and seeing all the treasures and relics that I found in the first three games. That was extremely cool. My love for Elena grew even more-so during that chapter. She's easily my favourite female character in any game ever. Still, though... you're on a boat with Sam, then you're kid Nathan, then you're 20-something Nathan, then you're junk diver Nathan, then you're in-a-house-with-Elena, and THEN you're playing the story of the game.

Most of my dislike from Uncharted 4 comes from the character of Sam Drake. I absolutely loathe that character. He annoyed the hell out of me throughout the entire game and I couldn't stand partnering with him through most chapters. If they would've made him the villain (like the original teaser trailer -- the one directed by Amy Hennig -- suggested he would be), I may've felt differently, but since they didn't do that and this just felt like a way to shoehorn Troy Baker into another Naughty Dog game, I spent most of my time rolling my eyes. To most degree, I've liked most supporting characters in the Uncharted series that played alongside me -- Elena, Sully, Chloe, Charlie, Tenzin, etc. -- but Sam being with me in Uncharted 4 nearly killed my experience. The only chapters I truly enjoyed were the ones where Elena and Sully were alongside me.

Rafe was a fun villain. I enjoyed him a lot. The final battle with him was possibly one of the most annoying, infuriating boss battles I've ever experienced, though. The response time for the commands during that battle were horrid and I almost rage-quit ... something I haven't done in years.

The third act of the game was too long. It was walk, get ambushed, massive shootout, walk, get ambushed, massive shootout, walk... it was just a repeating pattern that was boring to me. I didn't think I would say this, but the Tomb Raider reboot was actually more enjoyable. Also, no monsters or anything this time around? That was one of the coolest things about the Uncharted trilogy! I was really expecting some pirate ghosts or something... or freakin' man-eating mummies since the set-up was there... but alas, nothing.

The epilogue was weird. Really, it was super weird. Fast-forward a bunch of years and I'm playing as Nate and Elena's daughter? That was a strange way to end the series. I can only assume that it was done to introduce a character that could possibly take over the Uncharted series one day if Sony decides to continue it.

I don't know. With the first three games, I replayed them numerous times to find all the treasures, but with Uncharted 4, I can't really be bothered. I was actually relieved when it was done. That's so sad for me. I was on the Uncharted train before it was the PS3's big draw. I've loved this series and these characters for years. This game, though... it doesn't feel like Uncharted to me. I REALLY wish I could've played Amy Hennig's game because I believe that would've been the perfect end for the series. That's not going to happen, though, so I guess this is it. 3>1>2>4 -- so long, Nate! At least your fourth game was pretty to look at.
Damn, dude... I got the impression from your tweet that you were disappointed with the game, but I never expected you to be that disappointed. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it bud. :(

I can definitely agree with some of your points though... it certainly had Druckmann and Straley written all over it, as it felt more like The Last of Us than Uncharted, which has both its pros and cons IMO. Such a shame Hennig wasn't able to finish what she started... I also feel she would've done a better job, or at least delivered something closer to what we expected from an Uncharted game.

I felt underwhelmed by the story overall... there never was anything big that happened - no twists or anything... just a typical action/adventure game. Saying that, I did still enjoy my time with the game... it was fun to play, if nothing else. Got to say that I also expected pirate ghosts or something at some point, but realised part way through the game that that wasn't the vibe they were going for unfortunately.

I'll probably give it another play through at some point... mostly to collect trophies, but to also experience the story again and hope that I warm to it more the second time around. The prologue was my favourite part by the way... I found it to be a pretty sweet ending to the series. :)

Damn, dude... I got the impression from your tweet that you were disappointed with the game, but I never expected you to be that disappointed. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it bud. :(

I can definitely agree with some of your points though... it certainly had Druckmann and Straley written all over it, as it felt more like The Last of Us than Uncharted, which has both its pros and cons IMO. Such a shame Hennig wasn't able to finish what she started... I also feel she would've done a better job, or at least delivered something closer to what we expected from an Uncharted game.

I felt underwhelmed by the story overall... there never was anything big that happened - no twists or anything... just a typical action/adventure game. Saying that, I did still enjoy my time with the game... it was fun to play, if nothing else. Got to say that I also expected pirate ghosts or something at some point, but realised part way through the game that that wasn't the vibe they were going for unfortunately.

I'll probably give it another play through at some point... mostly to collect trophies, but to also experience the story again and hope that I warm to it more the second time around. The prologue was my favourite part by the way... I found it to be a pretty sweet ending to the series. :)

Yeah, man... it's such a shame that I was so disappointed. Even my wife was sitting next to me, feeling bad because I hardly cracked a smile once during my entire playthrough... and I played the first three games with a massive smile the entire time. Like you said, the story was nothing special. My favourite moments were the interactions with Elena and Sully and other than that, everything is very forgettable. Glad you enjoyed the epilogue. It's not that I didn't enjoy it, per se -- just thought it was strange. I'll just forever be disappointed that Hennig had to leave the series that she created. There's a reason why Uncharted 3 scored better than Uncharted 4. There was a magic to it that was completely absent during Uncharted 4. Uncharted set out to become the Indiana Jones of the gaming world. I guess it succeeded because the fourth ended up being the worst. At least Nate didn't
end up in the middle of an alien conspiracy. :p

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Awesome! Must be nice to have a cool wife :thumbs: What did you get her in return? :coffee::p
Now we can do multiplayer :D
@AlienKing Hell Yeah! :woot: Once I complete the campaign and my 2nd playthrough... multiplayer here I come! :woot: :thumbs:

@tridon WOW :OMG:... that sucks about your disappointment in this game :sorry: I haven't been able to play it as much so I wont be reading your spoilers (not yet at least ;))... but what I have experienced, I've truly enjoyed it! However 'Among Thieves' is STILL and will always be favorite in the series :thumbs: Hopefully I get a chance to beat it this weekend :)

Sony reports that in its first week of release, Uncharted 4 has sold 2.7 million units worldwide across physical and digital copies. This makes Uncharted 4 the fastest-selling first party PlayStation 4 title in the history of the console.

gaming.gif