Uncharted - In theaters February 18, 2022

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
1.50 star(s) Rating: 1.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Uncharted

Genre: Adventure, Action

Director: Shawn Levy

Cast: Tom Holland, Bryan Cranston

Plot: A descendent of explorer Sir Francis Drake uncovers the location of the legendary El Dorado. With the help of his mentor and an ambitious journalist he works to uncover its secrets while surviving on an island filled with pirates, mercenaries, and a mysterious enemy.

Remember that time you guys all made fun of me because I suggested Dylan O'Brien for the role... said he was too young...
They just cast someone 5 years younger then him!!! :p lol
LOL! :D I know I didn't make fun of you Amigo! :notworthy: :LOL:

Wonder who they'll cast for Sully?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Remember that time you guys all made fun of me because I suggested Dylan O'Brien for the role... said he was too young...
They just cast someone 5 years younger then him!!! :p lol
I actually think O'Brien would be a better choice than Holland. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Quote from Tom Holland on Uncharted:
“It’s an exciting one. I didn’t know much about it. It sort of just came, it was a conversation I had with (studio head) Tom Rothman about the potential of different movies that I’d like to work with with Sony and I just had the idea that maybe a young Nathan Drake would be something that audiences would be very interested in. I met Shawn (Levy, director) at the MTV awards and we had a brief chat about the potential of doing an origin story rather than copying what the games have done and it seems like people have been really excited about it, I know I am. I’m excited to have some further conversations about it.”

on who should play Sully:
"I think Jake Gyllenhaal could be really cool, but I actually went to the Jurassic World film set the other day to visit my friend who is directing it and Chris Pratt is on that film, who I have become very good friends with over the last few months, and I think he would be a great Sully. I think it could be cool, because if it was an older [Nathan Drake] movie I would say that Chris should play Nathan, but I think he would be a good Sully and I love working with Chris."

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Noodles
I think it would be funny if they cast Nathan Fillion in this... but for Sully.

It would kind of work actually.

10732814.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Last couple of nights I've been playing the remastered trilogy (started 3 last night) reliving some good gaming memories and I love the games so I'm hoping thy make this well and some great names being chucked around

For a older sully I think @tridon nailed it with Hanks

But some good names being chucked around for drake, like @Wreck mentioned id be happy with Bradley cooper for a older Nate

• Thanks
I could see Fillion as a younger Sully, but the fact is, Sony's going to go for a bigger name... probably choosing one of Holland's picks. I am really not looking forward to this film now. To me, the heart of the games is the relationship between Nate and Elena. With this being a story of young Nathan, there will be no Elena... so no thanks.

Reactions: Flloydo
I could see Fillion as a younger Sully, but the fact is, Sony's going to go for a bigger name... probably choosing one of Holland's picks. I am really not looking forward to this film now. To me, the heart of the games is the relationship between Nate and Elena. With this being a story of young Nathan, there will be no Elena... so no thanks.
No Elena and no Chloe? What's the point of the movie then? :D

• Thanks

I haven't read too much so didn't realise they were actually focusing on young Nathan - I just assumed Holland was being used for flashbacks like the games so no chloe is annoying, was actaully thinking on who they could cast for her.
I know elena is important but she winds me up a little at times. Prefer chloe

• Thanks

Damn!!! Just too bad it's only a fanmade and NOT official from Sony!

WOW that was SO GOOD!!! Fillion was 100% PERFECT! He was exactly how I expected he would be. I was grinning ear to ear the whole time.

Lang was alright as Sully. It worked. The girl playing Elena needs to go... Not a fan.
And the only other part that didn't work the best for me was the gun fight stuff. How they changed aspect ratios. I dunno. It was going so well until then and it pulled me out in that moment. But besides that, This was fantastic!!!

I hope Sony sees this and realizes the mistake they are making going with a younger drake in Tom Holland.

It would be awesome if this goes the way of Deadpool and it kicks it into full gear. Fillion is NOT too old. He's Perfect.

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18