Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Under the Silver Lake (2018)

Genre: Crime, Thriller

Director: David Robert Mitchell

Release: 2018-06-22

Plot: An affable but aimless young man becomes an unwitting detective who quickly finds himself in over his head as he investigates the mysterious disappearance of his beautiful neighbor, with whom he has fallen in love. As he combs through East Los Angeles searching for any kind of clues he can find, he stumbles upon a larger, more sinister conspiracy than he ever imagined, involving billionaires, celebrities, urban myths, and even pop culture as we know it.

Last edited:
I am so up for this

Was wondering what David Robert Michells next project would be. And I love Garfield anyway. Looks decent

@Noodles
Cheers for the tag... this looks awesome! Love that the trailer alone had me thinking and trying to piece things together lol.

I see it's described as a crime/thriller, but did anyone else also get a comedy vibe from it? I personally think Garfield is great in comedic roles, since he naturally has a good sense of humour anyway.

Reactions: Flloydo
Cheers for the tag... this looks awesome! Love that the trailer alone had me thinking and trying to piece things together lol.

I see it's described as a crime/thriller, but did anyone else also get a comedy vibe from it? I personally think Garfield is great in comedic roles, since he naturally has a good sense of humour anyway.

It’s actually classed as a neo-noir comedy-drama apparently and yeah I found a few things funny about it. Music sounds like it’s going to be great too

Loved all the piecing it together but I can see it being a coincidence thing or he’s just going mad lol

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
A24 has announced it will push back the release of Under the Silver Lake by six months. it will now hit theaters December 7 instead of June 22.

(this is a good sign that the film turned out great as they must think it has a shot at Award Season)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database