Under the Skin (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (WEA) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: July 14, 2014
Purchase link: Under the skin (Sold Out!)
Price: £24.99
Notes: WEA, Limited to 2000 copies.

10952045-1398870939-699953.jpg

10952045-1398870939-699949.jpg
10952045-1398870939-699887.jpg 10952045-1398870939-699873.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we need to really push for a gloss finish on this. It's months until the release date and Fox seem to have Scanavo's manufacturing facilities fully booked for the next couple of months with all of their catalogue releases, so there's plenty of time for StudioCanal/Zavvi to get things right.

I think we need to really push for a gloss finish on this. It's months until the release date and Fox seem to have Scanavo's manufacturing facilities fully booked for the next couple of months with all of their catalogue releases, so there's plenty of time for StudioCanal/Zavvi to get things right.

Have Studio Canal ever revamped a steel before based on feedback from a retailer?

Jonathan Glazer + Scarlett Johansson = Orgasm. (A very loud one at that)

For those who are unfamiliar with his line of work, I'd suggest taking a peak at 'Sexy Beast'. Although from what I can tell, this film seems to be more in line with his other critically neglected (read: weird) film 'Birth'.

Last edited:
Jonathan Glazer + Scarlett Johansson = Orgasm. (A very loud one at that)

For those who are unfamiliar with his line of work, I'd suggest taking a peak at 'Sexy Beast'. Although from what I can tell, this film seems to be more in line with his other critically neglected (read: weird) film 'Birth'.

Sexy Beast and this are very different films, that aren't remotely comparable. I didn't enjoy Sexy Beast but I thought this was a stunning film. Absolute respect to Scarlett, there really isn't that many actresses from her generation that would be willing to be that brave on camera.

I am seriously praying that this has a nice finish as it deserves a premium steel to suit it's art house nature.

Reactions: Thelite13
I don't buy into the 'bravery' gimmick considering all the actors that I can recall are actors from movies such as The Angels Share and even the man that turns the tide of the film was also cast for the role (trying to be spoiler free here). Still. Was a cracking film. But it's as divisive as Only God Forgives.

It's great artwork, they actually used the poster art for a change

The front looks decent. The finishing needs to be super glossy to at least bring out the details on the inside and the back. Otherwise it will be a disaster as the back is almost empty and the inside is way too dark that even if it mastered in 8k and view it from 1 cm distance it is not clear.:naughty:

Reactions: lolwut and cooey
One of the worst films I ever saw and did us Scots no favours. Lots of critics raved about this movie and all I can say is that the steel looks pretty decent. Film 0 stars, steel 4 stars.