Underworld: Awakening (3D Blu-ray SteelBook)(Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

GVZER

苦い
Premium Supporter
Jun 3, 2010
Deep Deep Hole
Please be aware, some if not many, Best Buy stores have assigned the same sku to the Lenticular version, as they have to the Steelbook version. So if you ordered online based on the sku shown in the initial pictures that surfaced, you may not receive a Steelbook, but a Lenticular version.

Found some info on an other forum, this one has been confirmd as a Best Buy Exclusive in the USA. Region free.

attachment.php

Release date: May 8th 2012
Price: $24.99
Region: A, B and C
Audio: English 7.1 DTS-HD MA, French 5.1 DTS-HD MA
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Additional pictures (thanks to ash333) -
kate1.jpg

kate2.jpg

kate3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't order it for in-store pickup. They told me to contact amerch.com and ask them. I was on the phone with them for about a half an hour as well, but they were much more helpful. Though they could not tell me anything and kept asking why did BB tell me to contact them.

I can't order it for in-store pickup. They told me to contact amerch.com and ask them. I was on the phone with them for about a half an hour as well, but they were much more helpful. Though they could not tell me anything and kept asking why did BB tell me to contact them.

Oh, you waited too long. I see, they've locked down the in-store pickup now.

Either take your chances ordering via the website and have it shipped to you, or you're gonna have to make a trip tomorrow @ open...

Bet hardly anyone pre-ordered this since it wasn't even advertised. Probably be a couple copies sitting right in the new release section...

So their is only 1 3D version?

For Best Buy, MY suspicion is that the 3D edition, will only come in steelbook @ 24.99.

There is also a 2D edition, for blu-ray, but I think you'll see a regular plastic case for that.

Link is in the OP for the one we think is the steelbook.

Same SKU, as far as I can tell from the picture provided.

Reactions: Ricker
I love the 11th hour notice about this. I already have the GB for this with biscuitnoir, so I might be changing that to Act of Valor depending on what Best Buy has available. I did the Pre-Order on-line for the 3-D version (hoping it's the steelbook). I will also venture a trip to the store tomorrow morning just to double my chances. We shall see what unfolds tomorrow here in the states...???

Went to my Best Buy to see about getting Ghost Rider and seeing if they would set a copy aside of this for me tomorrow. They wouldn't set aside a copy but the employee did check the backroom for me and told me they had dozens of them so I should be good. And my Best Buy isn't notorious for selling out of steelbooks, heck there is still a Breaking Dawn on the shelf and I grabbed a Scarface like 3 weeks ago.

Went to my Best Buy to see about getting Ghost Rider and seeing if they would set a copy aside of this for me tomorrow. They wouldn't set aside a copy but the employee did check the backroom for me and told me they had dozens of them so I should be good. And my Best Buy isn't notorious for selling out of steelbooks, heck there is still a Breaking Dawn on the shelf and I grabbed a Scarface like 3 weeks ago.

Did they have Ghost Rider on the shelves yet?

Did they have Ghost Rider on the shelves yet?

Was told the Ghost Rider was in transit and would be in the store in like 3-5 days.

I am good on Underworld tomorrow at least, I was getting all excited thinking I would get two in store steels in back to back days now it looks like I need to check my best buy everyday this week.

Still very excited about Underworld was torn if I wanted to have my sister pick it up from Canada but the Futureshop ones are more expensive and then add in shipping (even though she ships it to me from the US) and it just gets pricey. But I have a $5 rewardzone coupon and have a movie to trade in for another $5 and that makes the Underworld $14.99 for me no way I can pass that up.

I just got off the phone with the BB store where I ordered this from. The woman said my order was ready for pick-up (likely meaning she had them aside for tomorrow) so I asked her to check and see if they were steelbooks. She came back and said that yes both of my pre-orders said steel-case (again likely meaning steelbook) on the cover) :scat:

UPDATE

I went down to BB to pick up some Ghost Riders tonight but while there I asked the guy I know who was working about the Underworld Steelbook. He pulled one from the back and put one aside for me tomorrow and it is indeed a steelbook. I saw it first hand, in fact I touched Kate. AND it does comes under the same sku as regular 3d-version

END OF DISCUSSION :twisted:

UPDATE

I went down to BB to pick up some Ghost Riders tonight but while there I asked the guy I know who was working about the Underworld Steelbook. He pulled one from the back and put one aside for me tomorrow and it is indeed a steelbook. I saw it first hand, in fact I touched Kate. AND it does comes under the same sku as regular 3d-version

END OF DISCUSSION :twisted:

I'm assuming that's the $24.99 one online? I live in the boonies and don't have a Best Buy near me. Just need confirmation.

I am not huge into these films but will be picking this up. Hopefully it sells out quick and continues to show there is a market for the Steels in the US.

I kind of like the 11th hour notice as well. I hope this becomes more of a trend. Maybe even get Act of Valor @ BB next month?

I'm assuming that's the $24.99 one online? I live in the boonies and don't have a Best Buy near me. Just need confirmation.

Yes first hand saw the sku on it 5086212 and that is the only SKU

The problem for ordering it online is I am sure this is limited so at some point they are gonna run out of the steelbooks and then start sending regulay cases, but yes the link in the OP is correct. 100%

I'm getting a little confuse, so this release in case only and you need to buy the normal amaray ?
Or does it comes with those discs in them ?