"Unofficial" and "Fake" SteelBooks/Scam tip thread

lenochek04

BANNED
Oct 11, 2010
Marbella, Spain.
Hi All, I've renamed this thread, to allow anyone to post "fake" or "suspect" retailer or Ebay listings, so anyone can discuss/be warned. It allows traders to protect each other/discuss various listings that may or may not be authentic, officially supported Steelbook releases. -Digitalbabe.

From Lenocheck:
If any of you guys out there noticed a signed copy of Machete just sold on Ebay for over 200 dollars.
Was this an official steelbook or was this a FAKE ????
Would be interesting to read some of your opinions......as I thought it wasnt released yet.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....10679&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1566wt_1141

Attachments

• scam1.jpeg
    scam1.jpeg
    16.6 KB · Views: 417
Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they made a sticker book, then had him sign it. Glen-Bob might be able to tell us if the sig looks real, he just met Trejo like a month ago and got his autograph in person.

Matty-sometimes there are legitimate "Steelbook" cases but art that is on it is a "label". Legitimate ones are Chronicles of Riddick/Pitch Black (France), and the Twilight Triple (Poland), for instance. However, in this case someone may have created 3 "Stickerbooks" and had them signed at a convention. This was already mentioned in Machete thread. I doubt these are sanctioned by the actual Studio, etc.

Reactions: yo!
Thats awesome Glen-BoB, what was Danny Trejo like? The item looks like it may have a fake signature but who knows when you buy on ebay. You pay your money you take your chance! I would rather buy from a reputable autograph trader myself.

Well after looking at both sigs, I think they are real ... I think the guy had 3 signed but ofcourse fake steelbooks. its funny it says "Very Strong Limited Edition" lol.

WOW !! And how do you get to meet people "stars" like this?

John

I just attended a Horror Movie Convention in Orlando last October. It was great. All these "stars" come to this thing and set up tables so you can go and meet them. if you want something signed it will cost you tho. after the trade show there was a pool party that allot of the stars were hanging out at. Gary Busey included, hahahahaha.

So the signature is real, but the steelbook is a private mock up. Really youre just paying 200 bucks for a signature ?

sounds like it, I just saw pics online where they had probably the same horror convention that GB went to , but held in Germany. Might of been signed there, Kane Hodder and Trejo were there among others.