"Unofficial" and "Fake" SteelBooks/Scam tip thread

lenochek04

BANNED
Oct 11, 2010
Marbella, Spain.
Hi All, I've renamed this thread, to allow anyone to post "fake" or "suspect" retailer or Ebay listings, so anyone can discuss/be warned. It allows traders to protect each other/discuss various listings that may or may not be authentic, officially supported Steelbook releases. -Digitalbabe.

From Lenocheck:
If any of you guys out there noticed a signed copy of Machete just sold on Ebay for over 200 dollars.
Was this an official steelbook or was this a FAKE ????
Would be interesting to read some of your opinions......as I thought it wasnt released yet.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....10679&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1566wt_1141

Attachments

• scam1.jpeg
    scam1.jpeg
    16.6 KB · Views: 417
Last edited by a moderator:
Th
Damn LOL what do you think @Wreck $400 for a steelbook??? There is actually a member on here called tricky22 :wow: where is the listing for the steelbook ?
the guy has one for the thing in eBay for sale I couldn't believe it either lol my friend emailed me right away man ..he scammed him for 2 steelbooks just becareful it's unreal the guy used my pictures I just posted them man ... That's so unfortunate be you would assume there are still good people out there ..hey I'm trying to do my part man my friend is pretty chocked he was going on about how happy he was for getting rare steels but hey that's life I guess

Reactions: luke98
I hadn't seen this topic before so I started a new thread about a seller on eBay.
Anyway, don't buy from this seller
He's putting custom lenticular magnet covers on steels and then reseals them and offers them as limited edition lenticular editions for ridiculous prices.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
I hadn't seen this topic before so I started a new thread about a seller on eBay.
Anyway, don't buy from this seller
He's putting custom lenticular magnet covers on steels and then reseals them and offers them as limited edition lenticular editions for ridiculous prices.
yeah I mentioned this guy a long time ago on a thread about a specific steelbook he was selling with custom lenti
nowhere is it written that they are custom