Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Solo: A Star Wars Story

Tagline: Never tell him the odds.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Ron Howard

Cast: Alden Ehrenreich, Emilia Clarke, Woody Harrelson, Donald Glover, Paul Bettany, Thandie Newton, Joonas Suotamo, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Erin Kellyman, Ian Kenny, John Tui, Charlotte Louise, Clint Howard, Anthony Daniels, Dee Tails, Attila Vajda, Kiran Shah, Lily Newmark, Samantha Colley, Warwick Davis, Sema-Tawi Smart, Linda Hunt, Jon Favreau, Anna Francolini, Andrew Woodall, Shaquille Ali-Yebuah, Eben Figueiredo, Aaron Heffernan, Hal Fowler, Damian Farrell, Fraser Kelly, Jason Wong, Alice Hewkin, Robert Morgan, Miles Richardson, Sammy Hayman, Rona Morison, Dempsey Bovell, Joseph Charles, Dave Chapman, Katy Kartwheel, Harley Durst, Ray Park, Samuel Witwer, Andrew Jack, Richard Dixon, Deepak Anand, Peter Vo

Release: 2018-05-23

Runtime: 135

Plot: Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian.

Reactions: Noodles
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Solo A Star Wars Story (2018)

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: Ron Howard

Cast: Alden Ehrenreich, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Woody Harrelson, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Thandie Newton and more...

Plot: During an adventure into a dark criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his future copilot Chewbacca and encounters Lando Calrissian years before joining the Rebellion.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
uJ6OnE3CzGWq6buLINAbdBqa0gV.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB

We know that Disney/Lucasart decided to make spin-off. The first one is Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One. What will be the 2nd? And on whom will it focuses?

Bobba Fett?
Han Solo?
R2D2 saving the universe?

Josh Trank was recently dumped by Disney and Lucasfilm from the still untitled Star Wars Anthology movie, but it's still moving ahead even without a director currently at the helm. According to The Wrap, whoever takes over will get to tell the origin story of Boba Fett! It's going to be an origin story for the iconic character, presumably taking place some time after the events of Attack of the Clones. After all, the "adventures" of Boba as a kid wouldn't be all that exciting!

There had been rumours that Rogue One (which stars Felicity Jones, Ben Mendelsohn and Riz Ahmed) would revolve around bounty hunters, but it seems as if it will be this movie which delves into that world. There's no word on who's set to replace Trank or who will play Fett, so be sure to share your thoughts on who the right people for the job are below. Breaking Bad star Aaron Paul has been rumoured for the role, but not from particularly reliable sources, so let's wait and see...

Reactions: Ronnie3067
Everyone knew Fett would get his own movie at some point, it has long been rumoured

As much as I like Fett the prequels kinda ruined him for me (a long with a lot of other things!). But here's hoping with more info coming out over the next year or so it might get me a bit excited

I was hoping for a Jar Jar spin-off. :( :p

I know there are many fans of Boba Fett (my buddy @Baz_supreme being one of them), so this news will no doubt make a lot of them very happy. I wouldn't consider myself a big fan of the character, but that's mainly because not much is known about him, so I'm definitely interested in seeing his backstory etc.

Aaron Paul as Boba Fett (Jesus Christ what a piss poor rumour)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that happens i doubt i will watch it.

Also wonder how they will manage to sort out the he is a clone but doesn't look anything like the person he was cloned from thing.

I love Fett but honestly I think this will be to hard to pull off.

Should stick to making the spin offs more of a back stories to different moments in the Empire V rebellion history.

To me, Fett should be like Judge Dredd...never take his helmet off, just makes him seem more of a badass.

I like the idea of more star wars, but there is such a thing as too much....is it going to get to the point where we have a movie about a janitor in the death star?

Reactions: Baz_supreme
I was hoping for a Jar Jar spin-off. :( :p

I know there are many fans of Boba Fett (my buddy @Baz_supreme being one of them), so this news will no doubt make a lot of them very happy. I wouldn't consider myself a big fan of the character, but that's mainly because not much is known about him, so I'm definitely interested in seeing his backstory etc.

Cheers, Nick. I am indeed a big fan of all things Fett. I'd love to see a stand alone film featuring him and all of the bounty hunter. I believe we're in safe hands with Disney.
I

Reactions: Noodles
It's HAN SOLO!!!!

Time to geek out, my friends! Because everything is awesome (in a galaxy far, far away). Disney + Lucasfilm have officially announced that The LEGO Movie co-directors Chris Miller & Phil Lord will be directing the next upcoming Star Wars spin-off movie. Currently set for release in May of 2018 (on May 25th, 2018 in the summer), this second spin-off (following Rogue One) in the Star Wars Anthology series will be about Han Solo. Specifically, it's about "how young Han Solo became the smuggler, thief, and scoundrel whom Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi first encountered in the cantina at Mos Eisley." The screenplay is written by father/son team Lawrence Kasdan & Jon Kasdan. Yes! This is the news we were waiting for.

Are they gonna make the move and go with Hollywood biggest new Superstar: Star Lord aka Chris Pratt!!!

Earlier this year, a partial list of candidates for the role of Young Han Solo in Lucasfilm‘s upcoming spin-off film was revealed, and now The Hollywood Reporter brings word that the list has been cut down with a lightsaber. The Young Han Solo actor shortlist includes Alden Ehrenreich (Hail, Caesar!), Jack Reynor (Transformers: Age of Extinction), and Taron Egerton (Kingsman: The Secret Service). Also, Variety‘s Justin Kroll took to Twitter to reveal that Blake Jenner (Everybody Wants Some) and Jack O’Connell (Unbroken) are also among the final contenders.

Source

All I know is - they have got to not call these movies "XXXXX - A Star Wars Story".
It makes them sound like a kid's anthology series. (Veggie Tales, etc.)

Earlier this year, a partial list of candidates for the role of Young Han Solo in Lucasfilm‘s upcoming spin-off film was revealed, and now The Hollywood Reporter brings word that the list has been cut down with a lightsaber. The Young Han Solo actor shortlist includes Alden Ehrenreich (Hail, Caesar!), Jack Reynor (Transformers: Age of Extinction), and Taron Egerton (Kingsman: The Secret Service). Also, Variety‘s Justin Kroll took to Twitter to reveal that Blake Jenner (Everybody Wants Some) and Jack O’Connell (Unbroken) are also among the final contenders.

Source

I'm not too sure on who some of them are (maybe I would if I see faces) but I thought miles teller might of been a good choice. Going to be hard getting someone to be a young Han. You basically need someone who can pull it off as being a young ford by looks and attitude

I'm not too sure on who some of them are (maybe I would if I see faces) but I thought miles teller might of been a good choice. Going to be hard getting someone to be a young Han. You basically need someone who can pull it off as being a young ford by looks and attitude
Chris Pratt. Period.

But he's "too old" for what they would like to do I guess...

Reactions: Flloydo
I'm pretty glad that Anthony Ingruber isn't on any short lists any more (By the sound of it), he is just an impersonator, Would rather have an actual actor yeh might not look like Han but TBH it is the story and acting that is really going to make it (Also it is amazing what Make up can do these days).

No official word from Disney or Lucasfilm to confirm it yet, but Alden Ehrenreich (Hail, Caeser!) has apparently been cast as the young Han Solo.

1.jpg

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database