UP (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #7) [China]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
Release date: January for 2D / February for 3D, 2014
Print run: 3D slip is numbered 1-1500 - 2D slip is numbered 1501-2000 - 600 boxsets that contain the first 600 numbers of the 3D slip.
Notes: 3 discs

An important notice to EU members!!!!!!
Due to misinformation by the studio, the region code for UP release is wrong.

The correct information for UP 3 disc release should include:
3D BD region free (A,B and C)
2D BD region (A and C only)
Bonus Materials BD region (A and C only)

UP BLUFANS COLLECTOR BOXSET:
Click here for all the infos

up1.jpg

upback.jpgup3.jpg UP3D.jpgUP2D.jpg

0957250f2og05fzbkclcnx.jpg

0957277085rlx45x4qfq4p.jpg

095728mv1c1063kzzmk0v4.jpg

095729eb4l8x2x48elejub.jpg

Group buy: (Closed)
3D Slip Version (limit of 1)
2D Slip Version Closed (limit of 2 copies)

Hubs:
UK (Naughtius Maximus): 2D or 3D
USA (apsmith21): 2D or 3D
Canada (Drum18): 2D & 3D
Europe (Masterblaster): 2D or 3D
Asia & Oceania (dv8mad): 2D or 3D

Last edited by a moderator:
3D slip is numbered 1-1500
2D slip is numbered 1501-2000
There are 600 boxsets that contain the first 600 numbers of the 3D slip.

It's just not right of Blufans to number the two different slips this way. Gives future buyers, who may have no clue about this, the impression that there are 2000 copies of each slip.

Just opened my 2D slip version. Its been sealed & on display with my other blufans steels for quite some time. So glad I opened it, amazing quality high gloss finish. Amazing movie too. First time of watching in 3D. wreck it Ralph & Monsters Uni here I come :D

I remember deliberating between the lenti and the boxset at the time of the group buy. I ended up going with just the lenti at the time as I think there were loads of releases I wanted but it'd be cool for blufans to bring out something like this again for future releases

Reactions: Actarus
I remember deliberating between the lenti and the boxset at the time of the group buy. I ended up going with just the lenti at the time as I think there were loads of releases I wanted but it'd be cool for blufans to bring out something like this again for future releases

It was something cool from blufans indeed, Maybe another type of Boxset but smaller for just one edition as this one is really big, that would be cool...

...but no T-shirt or Mug included :whistle::rolleyes::hilarious:

• Thanks
Reactions: matthewtheunicorn
It was something cool from blufans indeed, Maybe another type of Boxset but smaller for just one edition as this one is really big, that would be cool...

...but no T-shirt or Mug included :whistle::rolleyes::hilarious:
Yeah I think that's what makes this boxset so great! It's original and unique to the film. The little extras are why I like kimchidvd's memento so much too

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
Yeah I think that's what makes this boxset so great! It's original and unique to the film. The little extras are why I like kimchidvd's memento so much too

I think Kimchi right now are the ones I look the more forward to, they always are spot on with Fullslip Treatment(really nice texture to every editions) and as I have said it I am not too much a lenti person, but I like more and more the Fullslip Lentis. Zootopia and Finding Dory have super depth :thumbs: and FAC are great but they have to do something with their lenti...and HDzeta just putting loose Lenticulars to their release its more a pain than anything else, I would prefer if they can't make it magnet or a Fullslip Lenti to simply omit the loose lenticular. I can't really comment on momento as I passed on this never saw the movie... hmmm why did I start going on about all this (n):dunno::blackeye:

• Thanks
Reactions: matthewtheunicorn
I think Kimchi right now are the ones I look the more forward to, they always are spot on with Fullslip Treatment(really nice texture to every editions) and as I have said it I am not too much a lenti person, but I like more and more the Fullslip Lentis. Zootopia and Finding Dory have super depth :thumbs: and FAC are great but they have to do something with their lenti...and HDzeta just putting loose Lenticulars to their release its more a pain than anything else, I would prefer if they can't make it magnet or a Fullslip Lenti to simply omit the loose lenticular. I can't really comment on momento as I passed on this never saw the movie... hmmm why did I start going on about all this (n):dunno::blackeye:
Yeah I think any retailer can make a solid steelbook. Blufans do a really good job of picking some great art (for example, the steelbook in question in this thread) but imo Kimchidvd have always been kings. Their WEA steelbooks are probably some of the nicest ever produced (her and tangled come to mind) and their slips are top notch; to the point where I'm going back and collecting so many old releases from them.

Yeah I think any retailer can make a solid steelbook. Blufans do a really good job of picking some great art (for example, the steelbook in question in this thread) but imo Kimchidvd have always been kings. Their WEA steelbooks are probably some of the nicest ever produced (her and tangled come to mind) and their slips are top notch; to the point where I'm going back and collecting so many old releases from them.

Indeed I agree (despite It Follows having so many quality Issue) the concept was pretty awesome, I love so much WHIPLASH Fullslip from Kimchi and also Hateful Eight those are 2 editions that are Superb :drool: I wish I could feel in hands ''HER'' Steelbook as it does look so sweet, but I am not opening My Fullslip paid so much for it...although I am not gonna resell it I might as well, but dunno I can't get myself to open it :dunno: I agree Kimchi are really great and I think they are my Favorite for WEA Steelbooks.

hey guys for the ones that have both; hows the gloss on this compared to the BEST BUY one? is 85 bucks a good price?

Both are really nice gloss finishes. The Best Buy one is a little more liney, the Blufans is kind of... speckled? Just that it's not a straight line, just looks like a bunch of circles. I threw in the Zavvi matte for fun.
IMG_0417.JPG
IMG_0418.JPG
IMG_0419.JPG

• Thanks
Reactions: milky and tono06
  • Thanks
Reactions: harry and dfoles