Upcoming FutureShop Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kill4Steel

Premium Supporter
Dec 13, 2009
The Boondocks
These are in fact the first two things I have talk to the studios about when building Steelbook. The form factor needs to be Bluray sized and absolutely no French on the back. We really want these releases to be highly collectible. I am open to any suggestions as well for SBs you guys would liek to see. One of my goals for this year is to go back and relaunch some already released on BD 'classics' on SB, of course if we can get artwork that is cool enough. I personally would love to see a Leon The Professional SB, Fifth Element, Gladiator and Flight Club to name a few. Ian had a few NR titles in the works from before the holidays that I am finalazing now. We have 2012 coming for March 2, New Moon for March 20 and Sherlock Holmes for March 30th in the works. Just to give you guys a heads up if you haven't read about this already but there are some cool first to Bluray titles coming this year: includes LOTR, Indiana Jones Quadrilogy, Alien Quadrilogy, Dr Zhivago, Saving Private Ryan, Jurassic Park, Scarface & Back To The Future Trilogy.

Man, These would be AWESOME!

Toy Story 1&2 are not happening on SB. I'm not sure what the reasoning was but either Disney didn't allow it or we didn't ask. Dumbo was on the schedule for Feb and was moved for some reason. Not sure if it is coming out this year at all. I think they are doing Fantasia later in the year ..

So no Toy Story's .... maybe its because US got exclusive!? EEK! lol jp ... probably no one but you never know.

"cool first to Bluray titles coming this year"
i don't think these are going to be steelbook's,but the rest ahead are Going to be.

i'll wait for Saving Private Ryan to drop at 10 dollar's because i saw that movie a million time's Just like when The Matrix was released on dvd Year's ago.

hopefully Back To The Future Trilogy is Redone because the current release has bad rating's of barely being better then DVD because the old bad masters of the film.

I'm just wondering with Scarface if their going to keep it Original or Remastered with Improved Gun F/X and explosion F/X's..

they released that a few year's ago & the machine gun sounds were quite good from the old 80's gun fire.

Bad news for those waiting for Sherlock Holmes! looks like it will be an Iron Pack!

This is Brana's post at FS boards.

1) 2012 - Mar 02
2) New Moon (with free bonus Twilight Steelbook) - Mar 20
3) Sherlock Holmes (Ironpack) - March 30th
- sorry about this one but it was set in motion before my time and it is what it is
4) LOTR Trilogy - Apr 6

** Avatar is not happening as the studio via Cameron is not allowing any exclusives or modoficatios to the standard plan for the still rumoured April release. We are actively pushing to a deluxe Steelbook version for later in the year.

* Saving Private Ryan is being worked on for May. No confirmation yet on if we'll be able to pull this off yet.

Looks like no Avatar and possibly a Saving Private Ryan steelbook.

I heard about these Iron Packs. Does anyone own this? They say it looks exactly the same as a steelbook. Is this true? If so, can we see anypics? Outside, spine and inside (opened all the way). I only saw 2 movies with these. Harry Potter: The Half-Blood Prince and Terminator: Salvation. Thanks.

Forgot to add to the list: How about Star Wars. I'd make them individual though. I'm not a big fan of the Jumbo Steelbooks. This may have been discussed before too, but anyone know the reason why blu-ray steelbooks cannot hold 4 discs? I always saw 3, but have not received any from other countries besides Canada. Also, since Disney seems to have released all their blu-ray releases with a Blu-steel, why not continue the trend from now on.

Last edited:
Just got an Iron-pack. They are awfully close. They are made by the same designers, but Scanavo did Steel-book, while BMDO did IronPack.

The Spine on Blu-steel feels sturdier and the Iron-pack does feel a bit weaker, but still not real bad. I would get them if a steel-book is not available.

I'm not even sure why Scanavo cannot make more on request. It seems they only make large orders. 5,000 seems to be a minimum. I asked directly. I hope they step it up more this year.

Just got an Iron-pack. They are awfully close. They are made by the same designers, but Scanavo did Steel-book, while BMDO did IronPack.

The Spine on Blu-steel feels sturdier and the Iron-pack does feel a bit weaker, but still not real bad. I would get them if a steel-book is not available.

I'm not even sure why Scanavo cannot make more on request. It seems they only make large orders. 5,000 seems to be a minimum. I asked directly. I hope they step it up more this year.

Keep in mind they couldnt sell them on a per request basis anyways as they are not the movie studios and dont own the rights to the particular movie at hand. They are a media packaging company. You'd have to be pay licensing just to get them to make you the steel if they even allowed per request steels.

Typo? Look at next week's AD.

atklqp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.