V for Vendetta (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 7th, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order live Saturday 8th October at 18:00 BST)
Price: £15.99

11340137-1214422135338955.jpg

11340137-2044427010894291.jpg

Last edited:
This is a piss take considering the trouble they caused with their own original release.
For people who don't know they sent out many many damaged ones of this and then said it was sold out and couldn't replace them then not long after sold loads of them on their zavvi eBay shop.

This is a piss take considering the trouble they caused with their own original release.
For people who don't know they sent out many many damaged ones of this and then said it was sold out and couldn't replace them then not long after sold loads of them on their zavvi eBay shop.

To be fair @Flash Vendetta did sell out very quickly in pre-order.

This was a dark period for Zavvi and there were a LOT of damaged steels floating around, not helped by their often running out of proper boxes, and the infamous decision to start using jiffybags - (soon reversed when they realized the punters were unhappy). A period when non-scalpers were buying 2 of everything they really wanted - I still have 2 copies of this; both of which arrived minty). Second must be sold at some point - (99p start and let if find its own level)

But I digress, Zavvi once they had sorted the damages, and the scalpers orders, they did put the remainder up on the Zavvi Outlet, yes.

As the original release was very limited at 2,500 copies, of which probably as many as 750 were damaged?, then I see no piss take, or cash cow decisions. I imagine lots of people still want a copy.
And, if this has different artwork, it doesn't detract from the original UK release, which is a very sweet steel :)

Destroys the value yet again of a once sought after steel.

Exactly absolute piss take, and I mean it was their own steelbook ffs! This really is getting silly. There is soooo many films that have never had a steelbook

I disagree. The first one looks amazing, and it was even better than the Canadian one (which was the first on BD) And the first zavvi one will still be better as i doubt this one will be gloss and embossed and even if it is, the art on the first one is better. And while art may be subjective there is still a such thing as more generally popular art hence why certain artists can do stuff that is more popular of same properties as others.

In the poster world diff people tackle the same properties ... just cause another V for Vendetta steel comes out doesn't effect the "collector" value of the first. Cause casual consumers arent going to pay the price on the 2nd hand market for the first one anyways.

case in point, I missed out on the first zavvi one. I want it ... but I wont be buying this one instead. Great steels with unique art can still hold just as much demand. Just be thankful its new art and not an easy pass like the Roger Rabbit re-release lol.

The things that devalue "collector" steels such as the first zavvi are when folks like an HD Zeta say "lets make an ultimate edition box" ... thats when the collectible zavvi ones typically devalue. Same with Taiwan steels, 1/4 slips were all the rage and now a pimped out Captain America or Gladiator release can knock $50-100 off the value of the big daddies from the past from TW.

I hope it will have an embossed or debossed title. Further, they must replaced the ugly "from the crators of..." writing on the buttom.

Proof of the pudding is in the size of the plate as they say in the States, once November rocks round I say the original will halve in value.

Braveheart, Taken, Roger Rabbit, Star Trek and lately Top Gun, prices decimated due to rereleases.

The previous Zavvi release is unbeatable to date. It might not be everybody's cup of tea, but it is the best out there of any V steelbook.

However, they could do something special with this one. A bit of embossing on the knives to emphasise the 'V', as well as title and border embossing.
They could gloss this one over too. The main red colour here is different to the previous release and also dominates the steelbook more. The last one is much darker overall.
Also, there are different poses going on.
It might not be a bad shout to double dip here as long as the finish is like the previous version. You would have a nice matching set.

• Thanks
Reactions: bluray hunter
In would actually double dip on this

Love the film anyway and I always liked this art so I'll wait for pics and of the finish is decent and a bright image (no dark/ dull streaky matte finsh) then I'll possibly pick it up.

But I won't be pre ordering

Already have the original Zavvi exclusive and the CA steel, so I'll pass on this one. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out finish-wise though!

• Thanks
Reactions: bluray hunter