Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 27, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £29.99 - £41.99 - £25

91cWOPWHFnL._SY445_.jpg

81TAwSTbWNL._SL1500_.jpgA11iGwW90CL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
The fully loaded releases are great as an option.

Never know which to opt for, 3D or 4K so having both for an extra £5 saves me the decision.

Amazon have today changed the title of this to confirm it is indeed a steelbook.

I saw on another forum a couple of people having got confirmation from Amazon too.

Ordered earlier today when I saw it had changed. Couldn't find this thread on here though as it had moved out of the steelbook section.

Assume it'll move back now?
Interesting, as when I queried over the weekend as why they had yet to update the title to reflect that it was indeed a steelbook (as confirmed to me by Amazon a week earlier), they replied that it's becasue it's NOT a steelbook, and that the reason for it being an exclusive to Amazon was the PLASTIC (!) packaging. They then referred me to the version listed on Amazon.fr:

Exclusive to amazon means - plastic case Not with Steelbook

Steelbook doesnt come with 4K Blu-ray version.

I can confirm that the item Valerian and The City Of A Thousand Planets (exclusive To Amazon.co.uk) [Blu-ray 4K + 3D + Blu-ray + UV] is not a steel book but comes with Blu-ray 4K

The Blu-ray 4K Steelbook version is not available at Amazon.co.uk, you can purchase it from Amazon.fr.
So their responses to me have been:

"Oh no it isn't";

"Oh yes it is";

"Oh no it isn't";
But now, appararently, IT IS!!

At this rate, it'll probably end up being a VHS - or even Betamax - version!!! :rofl:

Prefer this design to the 2D/3D design.

Except id have the Rihanna inside art on the inside of this

So, this version includes 4d, 3d and 2d only? Missing the bonus disc?

4d??? Is that some new format? lol :rofl:

Good point re: bonus disc, though. It's currently being listed as a 3-disc set - 4K, 3D and 2D blu-ray (plus UV copy), so that suggests not. But then, as it's taken them about a month to even acknowledge that it's actually a steelbook, then I wouldn't trust any of the information on the Amazon.co.uk website at the moment!

Interesting that all the overseas versions including the 4K disc appear to be listed as 4K+2D+bonus disc. I guess we won't really know about this one until we actually see it in hand...

Reactions: monterock
4d??? Is that some new format? lol :rofl:

Good point re: bonus disc, though. It's currently being listed as a 3-disc set - 4K, 3D and 2D blu-ray (plus UV copy), so that suggests not. But then, as it's taken them about a month to even acknowledge that it's actually a steelbook, then I wouldn't trust any of the information on the Amazon.co.uk website at the moment!

Interesting that all the overseas versions including the 4K disc appear to be listed as 4K+2D+bonus disc. I guess we won't really know about this one until we actually see it in hand...
hehe, 4k

Cancelled the 3D+2D Steelbook and Re-Ordered (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

NB: All BestBuy Exclusive no Longer contain the 3D Disk ( from what I have observed (n):dunno: ),
they have moved towards 4K + 2D Combo (Spine Slash still Included :hilarious: )