Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 27, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £29.99 - £41.99 - £25

91cWOPWHFnL._SY445_.jpg

81TAwSTbWNL._SL1500_.jpgA11iGwW90CL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
like many I regret not getting this when I had the chance now

I do have the 3D Lenti Ameray but would have been nice to have the 4K for when I get my TV later this year

Thought the 3D was immense on this too so if you wanted the steelbook and have a good way to watch 3D, I really wouldn't worry about picking that one up without the 4K.

Thought the 3D was immense on this too so if you wanted the steelbook and have a good way to watch 3D, I really wouldn't worry about picking that one up without the 4K.
Or you could look around a steel with better artwork which includes the 3D disc.

am looking at getting a 4k TV sometime this year (When I can get a decent one with 3D that is....not as fussed about lower HDR which is good considering thats the sacrifice to keep 3D) so wouldnt mind getting set's with both so I have a few movies to view in 4k.
This looks like it could be one to show off true 4K even though the blu-ray and 3D version look fantastic.

going to have a look on ebay and hopefully can get one near cost price as the poster above mentioned the £32 sale.

am looking at getting a 4k TV sometime this year (When I can get a decent one with 3D that is....not as fussed about lower HDR which is good considering thats the sacrifice to keep 3D) so wouldnt mind getting set's with both so I have a few movies to view in 4k.
This looks like it could be one to show off true 4K even though the blu-ray and 3D version look fantastic.

going to have a look on ebay and hopefully can get one near cost price as the poster above mentioned the £32 sale.

That's exactly why I went with an LG OLED from 2016. Best of both worlds. The 3D is basically perfect. I've not seen a single instance of any kind of cross talk / ghosting on anything I've watched.

Also 4K is stunning. It doesn't quite have the retina melting peak brightness highs of some LCDs but it's plenty bright enough regardless.

Reactions: yeslek
Just a little heads up. One of these has popped up for eBay in case anyone is interested as I know somoene said they were keeping an eye out.

Price is higher than the £32 one went for recently but less than the high £40s they are going for. While it's £39.99, you can make an offer.

By the way, it's most definitely not my listings. Just trying to help out.

Reactions: yeslek
If anyone can help with an issue im having with Valerian 4K/3D/2D I Imported to the US from Amazon UK. I was looking forward to first watching this in 3D but on my Xbox X as well as my PS4 Pro it came up with a region code message that it can not play the 3D movie. I attached a pic of what the message says on both consoles for the 3D Disc not working.

The weird thing is I put the 4K disc in my Xbox X and it works perfect! So, I am not sure why the 3D would be locked if the 4K disc is working fine from the same packaging?

All the Disc show the “12” region code number on the discs, but like I said the 4K disc works. I already had the 4K/2D from Best Buy so I was hoping to get the 3D and the reason I like this combo better, but really disappointed I cant get the 3D disc to play... Shame on LionsGate and all greedy media companies that do this STUPID LOCK AND THEY WILL LOSE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS IN DUE TIME..

This left a bad vibe to buying movies and supporting physical media. I may be done buying movies and all due to Region Lock; killed the enjoyment..

Thanks movie companies from being so diseconnected to your loyal customers that spends a great deal of money on your products and I cant even watch this in 3D Because you locked it... Thats some shady SH**! But lets have the 4K disc work. Go Figure?

I didnt bother to test the blu ray since i only watch 3D/4K; the blu rays I give away to family... If anyone has any sugeestions to play Valerian 3D on either of my consoles, I really appreciate the help.

Also, its werid that I also imported Thor Ragnarok 3D through Amazon UK to the US and that worked Perfect too. Why would Valerian 3D not work, but Thor does work as well as the 4K disc working for Valerian and they all have “12” region code written on them..

Should this 3D Valerian disc work, is it defective or is this one for some odd reason region locked so tight that I cant play it on my upgraded consoles?

Fans drop so much money into these companies and Sony or Microsoft cant offer multi regional players for god sake; make cuatomers happy and listen for once... NO ONE THAT is a customer of movies wants REGION LOCKS...

Amazon UK saw that im importing Valerian and didnt tell me the 3D wouldnt work. I heard ps4 is region free, but it must not be or else this 3D movie would work. I want to know why Thor 3D Import worked with same “12” region code on it? If they both rock the “12” code and one works when one doesnt then how do i know what 3D movies will work or not in the US?

If i knew this I would have just been cool with my Best Buy version since its the same exact steelbook minus the 3D, but apparently i cant watch the 3D here in America anyway because media companies hate us for some reason.

Even when Spending cash on buying the Best Buy one and then more on the import to still find out I cant watch the 3D. We support them by buying multiple versions of the same movie and they Thank the Fans by LOCKING 3D to certain countries is flat out nonsense... Samsung, Sony whoever there are many in the states with 3D tv and we want to import with region FREE!

This is just cruel to do to customers having part of the import package work on my decices, but the most wanted disc does not work and as a world wide community buying things internationally with thanks to places like Amazon they better start thinking to get with the god D*mn times and do away with region lock....

Thanks Amazon UK for giving me a DUD... I thought Ps4 is suppose to be region free for games and movies... Sony, thats a thumbs down when u block my 3D movie as well as thumbs down to Microsoft for giving me the same error message:

3D movie Uk Amazon Not working in Xbox X or Ps 4 pro but Ragnarok works and purchased from Amazin UK as well
1yvjad.jpg

4K disc working below
4j5du.jpg

ae4404.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone can help with an issue im having with Valerian 4K/3D/2D I Imported to the US from Amazon UK. I was looking forward to first watching this in 3D but on my Xbox X as well as my PS4 Pro it came up with a region code message that it can not play the 3D movie. I attached a pic of what the message says on both consoles for the 3D Disc not working.

The weird thing is I put the 4K disc in my Xbox X and it works perfect! So, I am not sure why the 3D would be locked if the 4K disc is working fine from the same packaging? All the Disc show the “12” region code number on the discs, but like I said the 4K disc works. I already had the 4K/2D from Best Buy so I was hoping to get the 3D and the reason I like this combo better, but really disappointed I cant get the 3D disc to play... Shame on LionsGate and all greedy media companies that do this STUPID LOCK AND THEY WILL LOSE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS IN DUE TIME.. This left a bad vibe to buying movies and supporting physical media. I may be done buying movies and all due to Region Lock; killed the enjoyment.. Thanks movie companies from being so diseconnected to your loyal customers that spends a great deal of money on your products and I cant even watch this in 3D Because you locked it... Thats some shady SH**! But lets have the 4K disc work. Go Figure?

I didnt bother to test the blu ray since i only watch 3D/4K; the blu rays I give away to family... If anyone has any sugeestions to play Valerian 3D on either of my consoles, I really appreciate the help.

Also, its werid that I also imported Thor Ragnarok 3D through Amazon UK to the US and that worked Perfect too. Why would Valerian 3D not work, but Thor does work as well as the 4K disc working for Valerian and they all have “12” region code written on them..

Should this 3D Valerian disc work, is it defective or is this one for some odd reason region locked so tight that I cant play it on my upgraded consoles? Fans drop so much money into these companies and Sony or Microsoft cant offer multi regional players for god sake; make cuatomers happy and listen for once... NO ONE THAT is a customer of movies wants REGION LOCKS...

Amazon UK saw that im importing Valerian and didnt tell me the 3D wouldnt work. I heard ps4 is region free, but it must not be or else this 3D movie would work. I want to know why Thor 3D Import worked with same “12” region code on it? If they both rock the “12” code and one works when one doesnt then how do i know what 3D movies will work or not in the US?

If i knew this I would have just been cool with my Best Buy version since its the same exact steelbook minus the 3D, but apparently i cant watch the 3D here in America anyway because media companies hate us for some reason. Even when Spending cash on buying the Best Buy one and then more on the import to still find out I cant watch the 3D. We support them by buying multiple versions of the same movie and they Thank the Fans by LOCKING 3D to certain countries is flat out nonsense... Samsung, Sony whoever there are many in the states with 3D tv and we want to import with region FREE!

This is just cruel to do to customers having part of the import package work on my decices, but the most wanted disc does not work and as a world wide community buying things internationally with thanks to places like Amazon they better start thinking to get with the god D*mn times and do away with region lock.... Thanks Amazon UK for giving me a DUD... I thought Ps4 is suppose to be region free for games and movies... Sony, thats a thumbs down when u block my 3D movie as well as thumbs doen to Microsoft for giving me the same error message.

1yvjad.jpg
4K discs are always region free.
The other discs are region locked.
The"12" is age rating and nothing to do with region.