Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Venom

Tagline: Embrace Your Inner Anti-Hero

Genre: Horror, Science Fiction, Action, Thriller

Director: Ruben Fleischer

Cast: Tom Hardy, Michelle Williams, Riz Ahmed, Woody Harrelson, Jenny Slate, Reid Scott, Scott Haze, Michelle Lee, Jared Bankens, Al-Jaleel Knox, Grace Wan, DJames Jones, Jock McKissic, Daniela Gaskie, Apollo GT, Van Marten, Sailor Larocque, Paul Pillsbury, Kayko Thompson, Marcella Bragio, Mac Brandt, Laura Distin, Wayne Pére, Ellen Gerstein

Release: 2018-10-04

Plot: When Eddie Brock acquires the powers of a symbiote, he will have to release his alter-ego "Venom" to save his life.

I'm kinda hoping that Sony does this without connecting it to Spider-Man. Just go pure bad-ass horror and later introduce Carnage. Stay away from the J. Jonah Jameson space shuttle origin story and the Peter/Eddie feud (especially since it won't make sense now that Peter's a teenage boy and Tom Hardy's in his late 30s) and just got all-out action/horror.

In fact, I would love to see an adaptation of Daniel Way's original Venom comic book arc (before the story introduced Spider-Man and Wolverine). It was like a crossover between The Thing and Alien. Just an awesome horror tale! If you ever get the chance, check it out.

517Y%2BAqPzdL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I'm kinda hoping that Sony does this without connecting it to Spider-Man. Just go pure bad-ass horror and later introduce Carnage. Stay away from the J. Jonah Jameson space shuttle origin story and the Peter/Eddie feud (especially since it won't make sense now that Peter's a teenage boy and Tom Hardy's in his late 30s) and just got all-out action/horror.

In fact, I would love to see an adaptation of Daniel Way's original Venom comic book arc (before the story introduced Spider-Man and Wolverine). It was like a crossover between The Thing and Alien. Just an awesome horror tale! If you ever get the chance, check it out.

I'm with you... and against you on this.
One thing I am struggling with is how do you do Venom without mentioning Spider-man? Venom's attributes are they way they are because the symbiote bonded with Peter first.
You don't have to do the classic origin story, I'm fine with re-inventing it. But I personally want to see Venom vs Spidey sometime... It doesn't have to be in this first film. But down the line... I really want it to happen.

But I'm all for a Horror/Action film for this. Would work so well!

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Flloydo

I'm with you... and against you on this.
One thing I am struggling with is how do you do Venom without mentioning Spider-man? Venom's attributes are they way they are because the symbiote bonded with Peter first.
You don't have to do the classic origin story, I'm fine with re-inventing it. But I personally want to see Venom vs Spidey sometime... It doesn't have to be in this first film. But down the line... I really want it to happen.

But I'm all for a Horror/Action film for this. Would work so well!

Same, I'm for and against your idea Ken. On one hand that would be very cool and go all out horror action savage-ness.
But then I also want to see venom up against Spider-Man and done properly. (Nothing like spidey 3) And agree Kaw it don't have to be a origin story

Or go all out savage horror on this and then spidey in another film

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and kaw