Vinyl Idolz Master Thread [Funko &Vinyl Sugar] *Picture Heavy*

Flash

Premium Supporter
Jan 17, 2014
I know this was announced at the start of the year, but with more and more being released and Funko being so hot right now.

I thought with Dorbz and Pop having their own master thread. I would create one for this other still relatively new line by Funko & Vinyl Sugar 'VINYL IDOLZ'

I think a number of these are already released in the US but they are mostly being released in the UK in the coming months.

For people in the UK you can purchase some of the ones I have listed below but not all from the sites below. They are avalible from different sites but just listed the most common.

The prices vary from site to site, Zavvi seem to be the cheapest and offer free delivery and also have some listed as avaliable sooner than FP but depends on your preference obviously

Forbidden Planet - https://forbiddenplanet.com/vinyl/vinyl-idolz/

Zavvi - http://www.zavvi.com/elysium.search?search=Vinyl+Sugar+idolz

Here is what seems to have been made so far.

(Hope you guys like it, took a good while to do)

BATMAN 1966

3460320_jpg_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

3460337_jpg_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

3460344_jpg_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

3460351_jpg_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

Ghostbusters

5528_Vinyl_Idolz_Ghostbusters_Egon_GLAM.jpg

140365_jpg_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

140366_jpg_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

Shaun of the Dead

5513_Ed_Shaunofthe_Dead.jpg

5514_Shaun_Shaunofthe_Dead.jpg

b_BD1_H2_Pn_JPG_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

c_Es54_M1y_JPG_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

Walking Dead

d_x_Op5_DE8_JPG_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

e_47b_Ce_OD_JPG_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

f_GQSZs_Me_JPG_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

Seinfeld

5702_Kramer_Seinfeld.jpg

5703_Newman_Seinfeld.jpg

5705_Frank_Seinfeld.jpg

5706_Puddy_Seinfeld.jpg

5707_Peterman_Seinfeld.jpg

Back to the Future

5522_Vinyl_Idolz_Btt_F_Doc_GLAM.jpg

5523_Vinyl_Idolz_Btt_F_Marty_GLAM.jpg

Dodgeball

000_NWHXHde_jpg_square_true_maxheight_160_size_1.jpg

000_P06zvj_O_jpg_square_true_maxheight_285_size_2.jpg

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

5524_SPICOLI_FTa_R.jpg

5525_Brad_FTa_R.jpg

Young Frankenstein

3460382_jpg_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

3460339_jpg_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

3460405_jpg_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

Napoleon Dynamite

140368_jpg_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

140369_jpg_square_true_maxheight_285_size_285.jpg

Say Anything

5519_Vinyl_Idolz_Lloyd_GLAM.jpg

@Flloydo

'm sorry who made those ones they are amazing??

The Napoleon one is available at Forbidden Planet

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/vinyl-idolz-napoleon-dynamite-napoleon

They are called "A large evil corporation" they are a UK company and they work with vinyl sugar and submit designs.

They have done quite a few things over the years and had some of their designs/puppets/models in adverts.

They design hundreds but now working with vinyl sugar i guess they in the end decide what ones get made.

Just google the name, there are thousands of concepts and some really funny and f*cked up designs and use a lot of UK based comedy, film, comedians and UK celebrity's a lot so a lot of people won't know some of the people they design. I guess that plays a huge part on what gets made in the end but saying that the Seinfeld range surprised me. I've wanted some of these designs for ages and now there making them I have to resist.

They currents have some funny Mary berry and Paul Hollywood designs (not that I'm interested in them but they are funny)

The Napoleon has dropped in price on FP now, didn't realise that. Zavvi had it for £14.99 and I completely forgot to put an Order in back in June I think, had it in my basket with a discount code too but just forgot. Quite a few shops are getting these over here too and won't be long before HMV start getting them but at a higher price. Then the crappy ones reduced after Christmas. I can see Napoloeon and Venkman being popular and possibly the Shaun of the dead ones

Reactions: Flash
They are called "A large evil corporation" they are a UK company and they work with vinyl sugar and submit designs.

They have done quite a few things over the years and had some of their designs/puppets/models in adverts.

They design hundreds but now working with vinyl sugar i guess they in the end decide what ones get made.

Just google the name, there are thousands of concepts and some really funny and f*cked up designs and use a lot of UK based comedy, film, comedians and UK celebrity's a lot so a lot of people won't know some of the people they design. I guess that plays a huge part on what gets made in the end but saying that the Seinfeld range surprised me. I've wanted some of these designs for ages and now there making them I have to resist.

They currents have some funny Mary berry and Paul Hollywood designs (not that I'm interested in them but they are funny)

The Napoleon has dropped in price on FP now, didn't realise that. Zavvi had it for £14.99 and I completely forgot to put an Order in back in June I think, had it in my basket with a discount code too but just forgot. Quite a few shops are getting these over here too and won't be long before HMV start getting them but at a higher price. Then the crappy ones reduced after Christmas. I can see Napoloeon and Venkman being popular and possibly the Shaun of the dead ones

Those designs are amazing, I love the mighty boosh and IT crowd, I would have to get that Moss one

This will make you laugh, I don't know if you remember we were joking about a Star Wars zbox well mygeekbox who are now owed by zavvi/hut have done just that and it's £35!!! Just imagine the junk in there, says value of £70" I don't believe it lol

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/merch-accessories/star-wars-geek-box/11167602.html?widget_id=80089

I am big on pops just not as crazy with them like some, i only collect the ones that really mean something to me. I have 20 now (just counted) and still 3 on pre order. (Actually 20 is quite high now I think of it considering the boxes all take up room)
Yeah I have seen him and I'll probably pick him up at some point. Still have a few on my list and I won't be buying any for a few months unless I see a decent priced bloody gogo

@Flloydo

Also I know your not big on pops but have you seen the Napoleon Dynamite pop funkos coming out?

Those designs are amazing, I love the mighty boosh and IT crowd, I would have to get that Moss one

This will make you laugh, I don't know if you remember we were joking about a Star Wars zbox well mygeekbox who are now owed by zavvi/hut have done just that and it's £35!!! Just imagine the junk in there, says value of £70" I don't believe it lol

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/merch-accessories/star-wars-geek-box/11167602.html?widget_id=80089

Yeah I got an email the other day

Look up a few messages at #24, I already said I've seen him and I'll pick Napoloeon pop at some point but probably next year
Sorry my ipad was freezing didn't see the message.

I really like them, have ALOT!!

What series that they haven't done would you like?

Last edited:
Sorry my ipad was freezing didn't see the message.

I really like them, have ALOT!!

What series that they haven't done would you like?

I'm not too sure because some of the designs I think are awful and generic. I would like a sin city range but I might not like the way they do the head. There are some characters I love but the pops look crap or the other way round and I don't like the character but the pop looks good.
I think they do most the marvel ones well apart from some like the early spiderman etc
One of my favourite is Carl from up because he actually looks like the character whereas I think sully and some other disney/ Pixar characters look crap in pop form. Stitch and turbo look really well made and like the character and grouch from Sesame Street too.
They look like they got the inside up pops exactly like the character too.
I wouldn't buy tangled rapunzel but it's a good looking pop.
Baby groot is one of my favorites too.
I'm also not a massive fan of the Star Wars ones (just something about them not right) and I love Star Wars. I have the holographic emperor because I think he looks great and also the unmasked vader on pre order.
Some of the ones on my list are john Lennon, ace Ventura (but they are too expensive), Roger rabbit and judge doom and a few others

I'm not too sure because some of the designs I think are awful and generic. I would like a sin city range but I might not like the way they do the head. There are some characters I love but the pops look crap or the other way round and I don't like the character but the pop looks good.
I think they do most the marvel ones well apart from some like the early spiderman etc
One of my favourite is Carl from up because he actually looks like the character whereas I think sully and some other disney/ Pixar characters look crap in pop form. Stitch and turbo look really well made and like the character and grouch from Sesame Street too.
They look like they got the inside up pops exactly like the character too.
I wouldn't buy tangled rapunzel but it's a good looking pop.
Baby groot is one of my favorites too.
I'm also not a massive fan of the Star Wars ones (just something about them not right) and I love Star Wars. I have the holographic emperor because I think he looks great and also the unmasked vader on pre order.
Some of the ones on my list are john Lennon, ace Ventura (but they are too expensive), Roger rabbit and judge doom and a few others

Good choices, yes Ace and Lennon are hard to get, i would say if you want Roger Rabbit set to get them while still cheap as i think they have been retired, not sure.
I think they are going to do fight club soon would like to see how that looks, and i think the fifth element and rocky horror ones coming out look pretty good.

I love these and have always considered picking some up. They remind me of claymation (Wallace & Gromit type stuff), which I've always been a big fan of. Not to start an argument or anything, but I never understood the huge fascination with those Pop Vinyl figures... these look loads better IMO, and have a much better likeness to the characters. I'm hoping to get my hands on the Shaun of the Dead and Back to the Future ones, but Zavvi aren't currently selling those for some reason. I've never used Forbidden Planet before, but I see they currently have them on there for £16.99 (plus postage), so I'm very tempted!

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo and Flash
Just in case anyone else is interested... Zavvi confirmed to me that they will be selling Shaun of the Dead and Back to the Future, but they're just waiting for the stock to arrive. :)

This is what they're apparently planning to release next...

funko.jpg

There's quite a few there that I'd be really interested in! American Psycho, Breaking Bad, Batman v Superman, Clockwork Orange, Scott Pilgrim... and possibly DC Comics and Suicide Squad.

Here's what a few of them MIGHT look like...

Scott Pilgrim:
1.jpg 2.jpg

Clockwork Orange:
3.jpg

Fargo:
4.jpg

Reactions: Flloydo
This is what they're apparently planning to release next...

View attachment 191195

There's quite a few there that I'd be really interested in! American Psycho, Breaking Bad, Batman v Superman, Clockwork Orange, Scott Pilgrim... and possibly DC Comics and Suicide Squad.

Here's what a few of them MIGHT look like...

Scott Pilgrim:
View attachment 191198 View attachment 191199

Clockwork Orange:
View attachment 191200

Fargo:
View attachment 191207

Oh dear they are actually going with Fargo and the buscemi one! Did not think that would happen.
Not sure if you have seen my post on the first page noodles but they have loads of ideas and prototypes and I'm over the moon with buscemi.

Also interested in American psycho, wildly wonka, Alice in wonderland and I'm guessing music ones could include the Bowie and Jacko mock ups.
If Bowie happens I'll be all over it

Reactions: Noodles
Oh dear they are actually going with Fargo and the buscemi one! Did not think that would happen.
Not sure if you have seen my post on the first page noodles but they have loads of ideas and prototypes and I'm over the moon with buscemi.

Also interested in American psycho, wildly wonka, Alice in wonderland and I'm guessing music ones could include the Bowie and Jacko mock ups.
If Bowie happens I'll be all over it
I'm not sure if they're definitely using Buscemi... although, they'd be silly not to. Would be cool to see other characters from the film too! I've been following Kibooki's/EvilCorps' work for a while and there's tons of their prototypes I'd love to see them sell... especially the Star Wars ones. ;)

Back to the future ones are back FYI
Cheers buddy. I actually ordered them from Zavvi just the other day and they were dispatched yesterday, so hopefully they'll be here soon. :D

Reactions: Flloydo
Received my BTTF ones from Zavvi this morning and I'm over the moon with them. One thing that surprised me is the size... I've seen in-hand photos, but it never occurred to me how big they actually are (around 20 cm tall fyi). My only minor complaint is with the stands... the pegs don't match up with the holes in the feet, but obviously you can just insert one and hide the other behind their shoe or something. Also, the skateboard on my Marty figure is curved from where it was squashed in the box... hopefully I can bend it back though. Overall I'm really happy with them and definitely think they're worth the money!

Reactions: Flloydo and ty233
Thanks for the size info @Noodles I thought they were smaller than that! Just ordered Doc on zavvi but unfortunately Marty is OOS :confused: Hope they get some more soon
I haven't measured them myself by the way... I'm just going by the description, although they do look about 20 cm. I honestly expected them to maybe be a bit taller than the Funko Pops, so it took me by surprise when I opened the box and saw how big they really were lol. I hadn't realised Marty had already sold out... hopefully they get more soon! I'm just waiting for them to get Shaun of the Dead now, and I'm also considering picking up Hot Fuzz... hoping the price will drop to £15 though.

Reactions: Flloydo and ty233