Vizio Reference Series

Brief review by David Katzmaier of CNET

IGN review

Vizio
Interesting that Vizio haven't let the big boys test one of these things.

I personally find the term 'reference' alongside 'LCD/LED' to be questionable to say the least.

After all, the big manufacturers have been making these things for what, 20 years, and no-one to date has found a way around the motion handling glitches etc.

Interesting that Vizio haven't let the big boys test one of these things.

I personally find the term 'reference' alongside 'LCD/LED' to be questionable to say the least.

After all, the big manufacturers have been making these things for what, 20 years, and no-one to date has found a way around the motion handling glitches etc.
I beg to differ. Actually most HDTV's that were released in 2014 have what's called Motion interpolation or Motion-Compensated Frame Interpolation (MCFI). It's a form of video processing in which intermediate animation frames are generated between existing ones by means of interpolation, in an attempt to make animation more fluid and to compensate for display motion blur.

I'll use LG as an example because I own three LG HDTV's and as you can see from an older model LG compared to a newer model with MCFI shows much better stability.

LG LB5900 without Motion Interpolation (older model)
lb5900-motion-blur-small.jpg

LG LB6300 with Motion Interpolation (newer model)
lb6300-soap-opera-effect-small.jpg

Reactions: JackRegan