IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
lenticular-slip-png.265909

Sponsored by the HDN Shop
Browse for limited edition SteelBook collectibles and more at http://shop.hidefninja.com & support the community!

Some great SteelBooks were released in 2016.

As it's customary, the nominations were tallied until January 15, 2017 from our nominations threads and each of the 25 most member-nominated titles in the Best Lenticular Slip category is now a contender in our poll.

Please remember you can only vote 1 time for your top choice and you cannot change your vote afterwards.

Voting closes January 31, 2017.

Have fun everyone & thanks for being part of the hidefninja.com community!

Other categories polls:

Best SteelBook (Overall Standalone SteelBook)

Best Full Slip

Best Overall SteelBook Package

Best Finish/Embossing or Debossing

Best Overall Art

Best Quarter Slip

Surprised Constantine - Lenticular Slip Type B is on the list and not Constantine - Lenticular Slip Type A
From posts in the Constantine thread most liked Type A more than B

agreed but just checked the nom thread and 2 people mention it, i have to be honest so peed with the process from last year i delibrately left it alone this year and i know of a few that thought last year was a joke(fixed and that was mentioned at the time by a few) too and hence they will not waste there time with it any more.

really the nom process should start from end of jan and not sept as people forget what they have on there shelf by sept and also tally process is wrong not top 23 mention otherwise same old same old and people 'cant' vote on what they want to vote on even if is 2.

if the process doesnt improve the votes will become less and so does any interest in it apart from same old same old

shame really
basil (n)

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
I'm a bit confused about the manta Constantine lenti as the other was clearly nominated more but I wasn't going to finally vote for it anyway

Surprised Constantine - Lenticular Slip Type B is on the list and not Constantine - Lenticular Slip Type A
From posts in the Constantine thread most liked Type A more than B
agreed

shame - as type A is all kinds of win (best lenti, best slip...at least deserves a nom)

Personally I think Top 25 is too many. The votes get spread too thin.

Top 10 would be much better and would make for a more interesting competition since the voting would be closer.
disgree - there are loads still missing that deserve to be listed(constantine A lenti for example)

25 is about fair to give as broad a range as possible

agreed but just checked the nom thread and 2 people mention it, i have to be honest so peed with the process from last year i delibrately left it alone this year and i know of a few that thought last year was a joke(fixed and that was mentioned at the time by a few) too and hence they will not waste there time with it any more.

really the nom process should start from end of jan and not sept as people forget what they have on there shelf by sept and also tally process is wrong not top 23 mention otherwise same old same old and people 'cant' vote on what they want to vote on even if is 2.

if the process doesnt improve the votes will become less and so does any interest in it apart from same old same old

shame really
basil (n)
just looking through myself and there are so many mistakes - several cases of two full or two lenti versions being released for a title, but the vote just states full or lenti slip, no specifyng which.

Did people really get their hands on Blufans Civil War in 2016?

Hopefully I'll get mine before the voting deadline albeit it should really be a vote for the 2017 awards

Decided to go with Deadpool from Manta, they again went outside the box with what they offered and it fit the film perfectly

• Thanks
Reactions: misformatt
Personally I think Top 25 is too many. The votes get spread too thin.

Top 10 would be much better and would make for a more interesting competition since the voting would be closer.

To echo/support this post further, anyone else find it rather unsatisfying that the lenti with the most votes amounts to.... 13!!! :meh: after being open for a whole week?

So 2,000 copies printed and in thousands of collectors homes all over the world, and maybe 20 votes will decide a winner? :cautious:

Without question, 2017 should be Top 10. There just aren't enough voters to support 25 choices.

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
If possible, please change my vote from zootopia kimchidvd to star wars novamedia. My fault, didn't see it was there initially when I voted

Very interesting that Mad Max HDZ is in the lead here, because this poll failed to specify which lenticular version.

I've looked very closely at both and personally I think Type B is clearer and more impressive in hand than Type A, which is strange because I totally did not expect that.

I was Type A all the way until I compared them next to each other in hand.

Reactions: Flloydo
Status
Not open for further replies.