4th Annual 'HDN 2014 SteelBook of the Year'-Winner chosen

What is your pick for 2014 Steelbook of the Year?

• Iron Man (Blufans, China)

Votes: 68 15.7%
  • Under the Skin (Zavvi, United Kingdom)

Votes: 33 7.6%
  • The Pianist (Kimchi, Korea)

Votes: 36 8.3%
  • Captain America : The Winter Soldier (Nova Media, Korea)

Votes: 47 10.9%
  • Tangled (Zavvi, United Kingdom)

Votes: 62 14.3%
  • Her (Kimchi, Korea)

Votes: 59 13.6%
  • V for Vendetta (Zavvi, United Kingdom)

Votes: 37 8.5%
  • Trancendence (Media Markt, Germany)

Votes: 27 6.2%
  • Mulan (Zavvi, United Kingdom)

Votes: 37 8.5%
  • There Will be Blood (Zavvi, United Kingdom)

Votes: 34 7.9%
  • I Saw The Devil (Plain Archive, Korea)

Votes: 136 31.4%
  • Maleficent (Spain, Multiple Retailers)

Votes: 48 11.1%
  • Frozen (Blufans, China)

Votes: 97 22.4%
  • 47 Ronin (Worldwide, Multiple Retailers)

• Drive (Mondo, Futureshop, Canada)

Votes: 89 20.6%
  • The Wolf of Wall Street (Solid yellow color, Worldwide, Multiple Retailers)

Votes: 71 16.4%
  • Drive (Nova Media, Korea)

Votes: 134 30.9%
  • Jumanji (Zavvi, United Kingdom)

Votes: 72 16.6%
  • Pacific Rim (Blufans, China)

Votes: 33 7.6%
  • Rush (Kimchi, Korea)

• Ender's Game (HMV, United Kingdom)

• Leon (Kimchi, Korea)

Votes: 49 11.3%
  • How to Train Your Dragon (HDzeta, China)

Votes: 38 8.8%
  • The Wrestler (Plain Archive, Korea)

Votes: 68 15.7%
  • Army of Darkness (Zavvi, United Kingdom)

Votes: 39 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
steel-year-vote-720.jpg

Sponsored by the HDN Shop-browse for limited edition Steelbook collectibles and more at http://shop.hidefninja.com
& support the community!
shop logo.png

Hello HDN, welcome to our 4th Annual Steelbook of the Year community vote!

A number of exciting Steelbooks were released in 2014, with classic and new titles
r
eceiving the Steelbook treatment for collectors world-wide.

As in years past, your nominations were tallied until 1/10/2015 from our nominations thread (live October 2014) and the 25 most member-nominated titles are now contenders for Steelbook of the Year 2014 in our poll.
Please remember that you can only vote 1 time, but you can vote for multiple titles when you vote the 1st time.
Voting closes 1/31/2015 at 5:10 pm EST.
Have fun everyone & thanks for being part of the hidefninja.com community!

Past HDN community winners include Thor (2011), The Raid (2012),
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Zavvi) (2013).

image1.JPG

HDN's Official Youtube Channel includes many other individual Steelbook videos.
After you check it out the 5 minute recap video, join us on the forum and cast your votes right here!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 12.18.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 12.18.29 PM.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 64,542
Last edited:
I Saw The Devil (Plain Archive, Korea)
119 vote(s) 31.3%

Drive (Nova Media, Korea)
114 vote(s) 30.0%

Its looks like it going to be a close finish to the winner
only 5 votes separate them with 6 days to go

So vote by 31st Jan if you want something else to win

Reactions: watkinson
Was a tough call between "I saw the devil","Frozen" & "Drive".....but Nova Media's "Drive" just pipped it for me.The full slip in particular is simply stunning:thumbs:

I was torn between Wolf of Wallstreet, Nova Drive, Kimchi Rush & Blufans Frozen but went with the Wolf of Wallsteet - glossy, mad embossing on the front and debossed rear, can't really ask for anymore :)

Reactions: digitalbabe
strange that Drive came from behind like that. i voted for both as they are each fantastic. but ISTD had a very sizeable lead at one point. seemed liked ISTD had an easy win in the bag. anyway... either are deserving of a win.

but neither would survive 2015 against The Master or Gladiator or ZDT, and we're barely getting started. I have a feeling that 2015 is going to be much stiffer competition.

Reactions: lolwut
strange that Drive came from behind like that. i voted for both as they are each fantastic. but ISTD had a very sizeable lead at one point. seemed liked ISTD had an easy win in the bag. anyway... either are deserving of a win.

but neither would survive 2015 against The Master or Gladiator or ZDT, and we're barely getting started. I have a feeling that 2015 is going to be much stiffer competition.
Drive and ISTD were both from the start close with the voting with only a few votes between them so its not a surprise that both now are joint top of the votes with one day to go

It's kinda sad, that in a vote for 'Steelbook' of the year, that a slipcover influences votes.

IMO both leading contenders in this poll were nothing special (I'm talking about the quality of the Steelbook design only now-not the extra goodies that came with)
In fact I personally thought the DRIVE design was dreadful.

I just think there were a lot of equally good if not better Steels that slipped through the grid compared to the two at the top of this poll.

Before I get lynched, that's just my opinion.

It's kinda sad, that in a vote for 'Steelbook' of the year, that a slipcover influences votes.

IMO both leading contenders in this poll were nothing special (I'm talking about the quality of the Steelbook design only now-not the extra goodies that came with)
In fact I personally thought the DRIVE design was dreadful.

I just think there were a lot of equally good if not better Steels that slipped through the grid compared to the two at the top of this poll.

Before I get lynched, that's just my opinion.

It's a fair point, but it is what it is. I like the actual steelbooks which you mention, as well as the slips and goodies, so I'm happy enough.

I do reckon that next year we should split out into some sub-categories, so that we can have SteelBook Of The Year as well as Lenti / 1/4 Slip / Full Slip / Tripak etc Of The Year awards too.

And I'd be happy to help manage this to make sure it isn't an extra burden on @digitalbabe if she wants ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.