Vote-Oscars race 2015-Best Actor-who should win?

Who should win the actor for Best Actor?

• Steve Carell (Foxcatcher)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Bradley Cooper (American Sniper)

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Benedict Cumberbatch (The Imitation Game)

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Michael Keaton (Birdman)

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Eddie Redmayne (The Theory of Everything)

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
The Oscars are Febuary 22,2015
Join here in our very own HDN Oscars vote, and discuss your favorites!

actor-benedict.jpg
actor-bradley.jpg
actor-eddie.jpg
actor-michael.jpg
actor-steve.jpg

Attachments

• actor.png
    actor.png
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,488
havent seen any of these films so totally based on what i know/read of these films and actors : mr. Keaton !

Keaton in Birdman, though I am surprised Christoph Waltz was not nominated for Big Eyes. IMO that movie got snubbed

I think this is the toughest category this year. So many great performances. I honestly have no clue who will win this.

OHHHH BOY I SO SO want Cumberbatch . However he has so much more time for Amazing performances yet .

Thire is one in this list that puts him in second place with this . I have LONG admired him as an actor . VASTLY UNDERATED FOR FAR TOO LONG Mr Keaton who has ALWAYS BEEN AND WILL ALWAYS BE MY BATMAN GOOD LUCK SIR.

Really tough decision! I'm yet to see The Theory of Everything and I feel Eddie Redmayne probably did a great job, but I've gone with Keaton (I found Birdman to be quite boring, but I did think his performance was brilliant).

Redmayne, Keaton, Carell and Cumberbatch were locks with Gyllenhaal, Cooper and Spall on the bubble. Many thought Gyllenhaal was the favorite to get the last spot because of his intense transformation as Lou Bloom. Keaton and Redmayne are the favorites so far but playing a historical character such as Hawking may push Redmayne over top of Keaton.

Benedict Cumberbatch, Truly amazing in The Imitation Game. Michael Keaton was excellent in Birdman, but i have to go with Cumberbatch.

Reactions: vurt
haven't seen birdman (keaton) but from all reviews hes played it out of his skin but alot of that is to do with the script, for me has goto be cumberbatch his talent is on another level so i hope he wins its with the imitation game.

basil :thumbs:

After seeing The Theory of Everything recently, I had to change my vote to Redmayne... I actually believed he was Stephen Hawking by the end of the film because he was that good!

Reactions: digitalbabe
Still trying to fit time in to watch all these (haven't seen any) but from what I've heard from some friends that have, I'm gonna have to go with Keaton.
I think I'm looking forward most to Carell's Foxcatcher performance.

WILL WIN:
Michael Keaton

SHOULD WIN:
Benedict Cumberbatch

WILD CARD:
Bradley Cooper

WHO SHOULD HAVE MADE THE LIST:
Jake Gyllenhaal

Reactions: kaw
A great roundtable put on by the Hollywood Report with 4 of the 5 Oscar nominees in December.
Includes
Oscar Nominees:

Benedict Cumberbatch
Ethan Hawke (in supporting category)
Michael Keaton
Eddie Redmayne
+
Equally Talented, But Not Nominated:
Timothy Spall
Channing Tatum

Reactions: vurt