• Other

Votes: 7 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2015
Good morning ninjas!

Having taken the feedback to the business regarding Walking Dead Steelbooks, we are progressing these for season 4 and 5.

The next question is the artwork....who would you like to see on the cover of season 5? We are using the Governor on season 4.

Please vote using the choices....or if you have any other suggestions let me know to add them to the poll!

Thanks,

Adrian

Update via Jock's IG account:

Instagram_photo_by_Jock_Nov_5_2015_at_1_42pm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And we're going to stop spoiling people on The Walking Dead here, how does that sound? :happy:

I came across a spoiler in this thread about a week ago (I caught up on episodes 6.01 through 6.04 now), I was glancing to see if there was any progress about these steelbooks, but no, it was just someone not being subtle enough about the implication of his message (somehow I had managed to not get spoiled until then - the message's still here btw, so maybe I'm too good at connecting dots or what he meant was just very obvious), so please just stop talking about the show here.

There are threads if you want to talk about The Walking Dead itself, whether it's season 4, 5, 6, 7, or how there aren't any stakes besides "who's gonna get killed next?" and "when are they gonna have to move?" :coffee: (I say that as someone who enjoys TWD but doesn't think it's a great show, just pretty good and entertaining).

And it's not like posting here will make eOne go any faster, they're clearly not in a hurry, given how seasons 1-3 didn't sell as well as they had hoped — maybe not waiting a year after everyone bought other TWD editions would be a good step forward; that's not possible for seasons 4 & 5 (that implies smaller prices too, I'd expect something like €27 for each 16-episode season), but they can get ahead and start prepping the season 6 steelbook now.

Reactions: Punker76
I appreciate I haven't been on here as much...we are still progressing these and unfortunately I haven't got an update on a release date. Season 6 is being floated, and it might be we release all 3 at once like we did with 1-3. (depends on timelines of getting the batch finished) As many of you had alluded to we had no choice for season 3 to be a Jumbo, but going forward I don't foresee that issue.
These are taking longer than expected with artwork/approvals/production timelines, it's not for want of trying! As we do not own the artwork and employed a highly popular artist :naughty: it is down to them to share their intellectual property...if and when we get approval to do so I will share...in the meantime we have just launched the Asphalt Walker on Rakuten and eBay for those interested...

I appreciate I haven't been on here as much...we are still progressing these and unfortunately I haven't got an update on a release date. Season 6 is being floated, and it might be we release all 3 at once like we did with 1-3. (depends on timelines of getting the batch finished) As many of you had alluded to we had no choice for season 3 to be a Jumbo, but going forward I don't foresee that issue.
These are taking longer than expected with artwork/approvals/production timelines, it's not for want of trying! As we do not own the artwork and employed a highly popular artist :naughty: it is down to them to share their intellectual property...if and when we get approval to do so I will share...in the meantime we have just launched the Asphalt Walker on Rakuten and eBay for those interested...
Thanks for the update though :D

David Morrissey is a speaker at the University I'm going to next year, so I hope to god S4 is at least finished by then so I can get that signed :D

Reactions: dfoles
Would it be the best idea to release 4/5 at the same time as 6? That's about 10 months away, plus, if they were all released on the same day, not everyone is going to afford all 3, whereas if they were released over time, people are more likely to have the money...

Reactions: dfoles
Status
Not open for further replies.