Wall·E (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #12) [China]

Oct 21, 2013
Nanjing, China
Release date: August, 2014
Notes: WEA, Exclusive Slipcover(Lenticular &Full Slip), 2D(Region A and C) + Bonus disc(All Region)

front.jpg

inside art
back.jpg

Lenticular slip
102500zcfx31o0k1yfryv1.jpg

Full slip
102459ynftvy6v16kuwuwp.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 917
Last edited:
Funny you say same thing on other forum on how you were all beaten up by a certain mod at HDN a few days ago
I don't see what that has to do with anything?

The point I was making was that you can't have a sensible discussion over there about a Blufans release without getting mauled. I paid for this release months ago, and now I'm hearing of delays until god knows when. If Zavvi pulled that kind of stunt we'd tear them apart but oh no, Blufans is like a delicate hormonal teenage girl who is one sore comment away from throwing all of her toys out of all the prams.

Oh and for the record, I wasnt "beaten up by a certain mod". My IP address was caught in the website's firewall and so I was unable to load the page. When that follows a disagreement (not a beating up) with a mod then suspicions fly.

We all know the saying about shoddy Chinese goods, well it's true. Their mantra is pump the stuff out fast and don't worry about the quality. Chinese consumers are like sheep and will buy whatever they are told to, no matter if it is shite. For example, Chinese Mercedes are worse quality than Lada. Scanavo opened the Chinese factory as a desperation measure to try and cut off Iron Pack/ futurepak and Viva Metal Box's supply chain and now we are all paying for it. Walk into any hifi store in Kowloon and see the crap being pushed out by the likes of Sony, Panasonic and other "high" brands for the Chinese market. They wouldn't get away with selling that substandard turd here in the West. It is clear that Scanavo were planning on selling these solely for the Chinese market and would have sold them all, even with these faults, their problem is that Blufans had pre sold most of them to westerners and they knew that we wouldn't accept them as is. If these had been for the Chinese market only I bet you next months wages that there would have been no recall.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: George Pearce
It's crazy to me that this kind of defect would be acceptable anywhere let alone the Chinese market. It's very simple to understand that when you make a product that people spend their hard earned money on, you better make sure it's perfect. To even think of letting a defected product hit the market and that people will accept it is just not the right thing to do. I just don't get it. Too many companies are just worried about profit. Focus on the consumer first.

Reactions: gaeljet
I think I'll purchase Blufans stuff once released...
Just keep in mind, you likely will be paying a premium every time doing it that way.

I am a bit worried about this release. At first I am not a fan of the artwork as it has loads of blank space which is a recipe for imperfections if the Steelbook is glossy. I hope this doesn't end up like Wreck It Ralph
I trust blufan will make it right this time, that is why I am perfectly fine with the delay, even though I was planning to give one of the ones in my order to a friend for Christmas. I agree though, they could have done more with the back art.
Will it be as nice as the Futureshop/Best Buy Wall-E steelbook release? Maybe not, but if it comes close to that one, I think it will be a good buy.

View attachment 116022
Here's a picture with the problem, and why it's delayed
Looks either like streaky gloss from not letting them dry long enough or lots of scratches
Kevin has said scanavo have told blufans it's an easy fix

the streaks can be sorted at worst will need a flatting down aand then re buffing but if thats to happen then the finish will be alot smoother than standard gloss , well thats what i have done before

I'm neither a whinger or one of those almost cult-like supporters of Blufans. I like a majority of their releases and pick them up if it's something that interests me, and even though I know I shouldn't, I've come to live with the delays. However, I think we've gotten to a point with the constant delays and now production issues that Blufans really should be asking themselves if they're doing something wrong or if they're hiring the wrong people. It's great that they've improved since the Wreck-it Ralph debacle (and yes, that was a debacle) and aren't going to release defective products, but there really has to be a more practical reason, other than constant bad luck, that all this stuff is happening.

Sure they're a Chinese company, and there's a reason that Made in China has the connotations it does. Blufans, however, have created a very large consumer base and a reputation for quality products. It doesn't matter where they're based, but they simply can't afford to cut corners or have poor QC.

Like I said earlier, if these Steelbooks had been aimed solely at the local market I guarantee there would NOT have been a recall. Folk in South, East and South East Asia are happy to purchase substandard ****. It's only because most had been purchased by Westerers that any kind of recall was instigated. If Scanavos Chinese factory cant produce Steelbooks to tough European standards then it should be closed down. This whole situation has gotten a bit stupid now. At least Gladiator is made in Denmark. It looks like BluFans needs to have Denmark make all future Steelbooks. On a similar subject, I have had 3 iPads and 4 iPhones fail in the last 16 months. So much for quality Chinese products.

Last edited:
Reactions: gaeljet
Like I said earlier, if these Steelbooks had been aimed solely at the local market I guarantee there would NOT have been a recall. Folk in South, East and South East Asia are happy to purchase substandard ****. It's only because most had been purchased by Westerers that any kind of recall was instigated. If Scanavos Chinese factory can produce Steelbooks to tough European standards then it should be closed down. This whole situation has gotten a bit stupid now. At least Gladiator is made in Denmark. It looks like BluFans needs to have Denmark make all future Steelbooks. On a similar subject, I have had 3 iPads and 4 iPhones fail in the last 16 months. So much for quality Chinese products.
I have to disagree here. There are loads of Steels released in the Western countries with poor QC issues. The key aspect here is the level of tolerance the consumers have which is low with Westerners usually but at the same time we have also learned to be patient