Wall·E (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #12) [China]

Oct 21, 2013
Nanjing, China
Release date: August, 2014
Notes: WEA, Exclusive Slipcover(Lenticular &Full Slip), 2D(Region A and C) + Bonus disc(All Region)

front.jpg

inside art
back.jpg

Lenticular slip
102500zcfx31o0k1yfryv1.jpg

Full slip
102459ynftvy6v16kuwuwp.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 917
Last edited:
i thought all blufans releases where made by scanavo denmark ?.

From what I understood now Wall-E was made by Scanavo Denmark, but it seems if I am not mistaken that FROZEN was made by Scanavo China...bit confused now wondering why they would use denmark if they used China for FROZEN !? EEK! ...if I remember correctly someone from blufans forum had stated that...

I remember someone said they wanted Frozen to be made by Scanavo China so they could go often to the factory in China so they could do more in house quality control to ensure the quality of the product,

Agreed. If it had been done right this Steelbook would have looked stellar (pun intended) There shouldn't be questions as to whether certain artwork finishes or colours should work or shouldn't work. They ALL should work, period. If the Shanghai factory cannot deal with the task at hand then respectfully step aside and allow someone who can rise to the task do the task. I have been accused of stereotyping but I will be totally honest I avoid Chinese made products like the plague if at all possible. Pirate DVDs and LOREX Watches appear to be all manufacturers can handle. Would anyone in their right mind step inside a Chinese made rocket? Nuff said.

what worries me with this release, is that from what was said by kevin they were reducing the print run of wall-e and try to salvage some copies, but this worry me so. As a collector this would be a copy (well both versions) that I would want to keep sealed. However, with them trying to save some copies and try to find a solution I worry that Imperfect steels would be - as it was said ''Accepted as good enough'' not using exact phrase, but I would always wonder if the steels in the sealed slipcovers would be Imperfect or Mint... knowingly that they have lowered the bar in terms of quality to let some copies being accepted I don't think it is fair to the consumer. It should be accepted only if Flawless, nothing less than perfect. But it doesn't seem that it is what they will do.

Kevin said in the following quote by CasuallyDressed;

Direct quote:

"Pretty good" is apparently acceptable now. Maybe another Wreck It Ralph situation coming?

Was Frozen by Scanavo Denmark or China, I was sure it was China from what I had read in the Frozen thread ???????

Last edited:
I have been accused of stereotyping but I will be totally honest I avoid Chinese made products like the plague if at all possible. Pirate DVDs and LOREX Watches appear to be all manufacturers can handle. Would anyone in their right mind step inside a Chinese made rocket? Nuff said.

The stereotyping and generalisation of goods manufactured in China is becoming insulting and offensive.

Generalising all products made from China as counterfeit is disrespectful to all the American, Japanese, British companies that have their products made in China.

You should stop buying Blufans releases, and ask Scanavo which steelbook releases are made in China and avoid those, because Scanavo will continue to manufacture their steelbooks in China.

The stereotyping and generalisation of goods manufactured in China is becoming insulting and offensive.

Generalising all products made from China as counterfeit is disrespectful to all the American, Japanese, British companies that have their products made in China.

You should stop buying Blufans releases, and ask Scanavo which steelbook releases are made in China and avoid those, because Scanavo will continue to manufacture their steelbooks in China.

Frozen Steelbook was made by Scanavo China(what I thought and was confirmed) and it is so beautiful and flawless, best steel of the year.
Also HTTYD HDzeta was manufactured by Scanavo China and stunning steel quality (without the exception of the damaged ones but I guess this must happen for all releases)

Apologies, no offence intended my friend.

Update on Wall E issue from Kevin

"Pretty good" means the scratch damages are only on some random copies not general. The marks on the steelbook surface are the issues can be fixed by Scanavo. They took all the steelbooks back for a polish treatment. The process will probably take at least a month or more.

Now here comes an announcement:

Any members joined and paid for the WALL E group buy can ask for a full refund if you can't wait any longer. Please simply PM me the date of your Wall E version payment and your full name within next 2 weeks. Your payment will be reimbursed within 24 hours after the request.

For the members would like to keep their Wall E order and don't mind waiting for the release, you will have $5 credit for each copies you ordered and paid. You can use the credit after Dec 15th. Thank you very much for your understanding!

Sounds more than fair to me, well done BF and thanks for your continuous support Kev wherever U R... I was willing to wait anyway but to wait for a fix and get $10 'on top' that will go towards other BF titles is a nice gesture and makes me a more loyal customer to them than ever!!

Really nice of Kevin to do that. I am definitely holding out for this. When they work out the issues, it is going to look great!

Wall-E update by bluraysteel at br.com:

"Wall-E update: After a lengthy negotiation between Scanavo and Blufans regarding of the quality issue of Wall-E, they have reached an agreement that is Scanavo agreed to re-manufacture the Wall-E steelbook with a different finish. However, the print-run will be significantly reduced (only 1000 copies for overseas) and the release date will be postponed. (till early March). We understand if you choose to cancel your group buy order due to the longer wait but please do so as soon as possible by private messaging me before Dec. 14th. For the members choose to wait, you can use your $5 per Wall-E credit starting Dec. 15th on your Iron Man or Thor Invoices. We thank you for your trust, patience and understanding!"

Last edited: