Retro Zbox & Wall-e bundle
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

WALLE.jpg

walle2.jpg walle3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi eveyone!
I'm a new one in the steelbook collection ( for me just the Disney's ans Pixar's).
For people who know how zavvi organise its pre-order, can you tell me if I have a chance to buy Wall-E later on the site?
Or Zavvi sell all the models by pre-orders?

Thanks!!

Hi eveyone!
I'm a new one in the steelbook collection ( for me just the Disney's ans Pixar's).
For people who know how zavvi organise its pre-order, can you tell me if I have a chance to buy Wall-E later on the site?
Or Zavvi sell all the models by pre-orders?

Thanks!!
It will almost definitely come back for pre order. A lot of the chatter has died down so subscribe to this thread and you'll get an email when pre orders go back on.

Just a quick one- Is Zavvi legally entitled to force people to spend more money on an item that they don't necessarily want (i.e. the Zbox) to get the item they do want (the steelbook)?
The two items are totally unrelated and they clearly have steelbooks in stock in order to run this promotion, but are they breaking any trading standards by only offering the steelbook as part of this deal??
Either way, they've sunk to new lows with this...

Just a quick one- Is Zavvi legally entitled to force people to spend more money on an item that they don't necessarily want (i.e. the Zbox) to get the item they do want (the steelbook)?
The two items are totally unrelated and they clearly have steelbooks in stock in order to run this promotion, but are they breaking any trading standards by only offering the steelbook as part of this deal??

Good question, I don't know the answer though.

But somehow I think that they are allowed to offer whatever they want combined with any other product. If this isn't allowed you might end up with eveything you can order online being a la carte.

Good question, I don't know the answer though.

But somehow I think that they are allowed to offer whatever they want combined with any other product. If this isn't allowed you might end up with eveything you can order online being a la carte.
Suppose if there were any legal ramifications in performing such an act, Zavvi would of consulted their legal team before offering it, so suppose you're totally correct in your answer.

In this case, I don't think so, I've come across this many time's in retail, ie if you want the desired product then you have to buy the c*ap as well, don't get me wrong I think it is ridiculous but most retailer's will put offer's on like this and give us the 'consumer's' the choice to buy it or not. Where they fall down for me is forging stock quantities, take Guardians of the Galaxy it 'sold out' and when people asked for replacement's for damaged copies they were refused on the basis that it had sold out, only for it to reappear at a later date for £49.99!!!!! the only way to stop the Z-box/Steelbook package deal from becoming common is simply not to buy it....

Reactions: Andycadle84
As much as I hate Zavvi doing this, I should certainly hope there are no laws against that. Though I would like a refund on pretty much everything but the mousepad from the Guardians Zbox if that were the case that you could pick and choose what you want :p

Reactions: Andycadle84
They can stick the retro-zbox where the sun don't shine. Just trying to milk it, £25 for a non 3D Release, good film but the artwork isn't the best and to top it off trying to make out that its sold out just so you buy a load of crap that they have lying around the warehouse. Jokers

legal? probably. ethical- no. you either choose to buy it knowing you are being exploited, or just dont buy it

Surely a better way would be to offer a discount if both I'm items were purchased together. Though I doubt they would sell many of the boxes that way.
I did order the bundle initially but decided to cancel.
I Begrudgingly pay £25 for a new film in steel, but that price for an old movie is just wrong.

They can stick the retro-zbox where the sun don't shine. Just trying to milk it, £25 for a non 3D Release, good film but the artwork isn't the best and to top it off trying to make out that its sold out just so you buy a load of crap that they have lying around the warehouse. Jokers
Your Avatar seem's apt:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:...

Reactions: Mobley