Purchase link: Wall-E
Retro Zbox & Wall-e bundle
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

WALLE.jpg

walle2.jpg walle3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's better than stating the same thing over and over.

I like the bright yellow on the steel, I hope it's a little more closer to gold like color when the steel is released.

£49.99 fo THIS :0 - It's rediculous - Zavvi are seriously draining every last drop from their customers - and the problem is, a lot of folk will pay those prices. With Zavvis pre-order price Guarentee - I actually can't see them lowering this's price anymore, or all those that have actually paid the £49.99 will get it at original price on release date. Zavvi won't do that - greedy ba*****s.

Obviously. But your message "don't buy it then" hardly added to the discussion did it.

I like many others have said on here that the price is too high - and I like many others won't be buying unless they lower the price. However, this is a discussion site, so many of us are venting our frustration on here about the price. Posting "don't buy it then" is hardly helpful / adding to the discussion is it.

I would argue that complaining about it is less useful than simply not buying it.

Reactions: justhedudeman
when you buy a release pre-order, do you have to buy that box on some releases, is it required ?

If you are refering to the Zbox @Actarus, then technically no. There was a preorder where you could just order the Steel for 25pounds iirc. When this "sold out" then they packaged it together with the zbox for more money so you could technically not just purchase the steel. As per above posts, i think it's a way Zavvi is trying to push these boxes by pairing them up with more sought after steel releases like Ratatoille and Avengers and Wall-E

• Informative
Reactions: Actarus
@unamused1 Thank you so much for that explanation, now I understand. For the Pre-order I guess it's business as usual, but when sold out and comes back in stock this is a very shady thing to do in order to force someone to get it if he wants the steels that he has missed.

Reactions: Geek Tragedy
@unamused1 Thank you so much for that explanation, now I understand. For the Pre-order I guess it's business as usual, but when sold out and comes back in stock this is a very shady thing to do in order to force someone to get it if he wants the steels that he has missed.

I think at the initial preorder stage for say avengers you could purchase the steel individually or as a zpack (steel and zbox). The steel alone obviously sold out but the combo with the zbox was still available because i don't think anyone really wanted the zbox for the extra money. But for other releases like Wall-E, i don't remember them offering them at the same time, i seem to remember them adding it later after the individuals sold out...but my memory could be failing me.

Either way you are correct in that it does "force" someone to buy the zbox if they want the steel....but no one is forcing anyone to buy anything....I don't agree with what Zavvi is doing, but ultimately it's the collectors decision how bad they want that particular release. Good news is that there are many helpful ninjas here on the site to help those that may have missed releases. Have been helped a couple times! Great site, Great members

I think at the initial preorder stage for say avengers you could purchase the steel individually or as a zpack (steel and zbox). The steel alone obviously sold out but the combo with the zbox was still available because i don't think anyone really wanted the zbox for the extra money. But for other releases like Wall-E, i don't remember them offering them at the same time, i seem to remember them adding it later after the individuals sold out...but my memory could be failing me.

Either way you are correct in that it does "force" someone to buy the zbox if they want the steel....but no one is forcing anyone to buy anything....I don't agree with what Zavvi is doing, but ultimately it's the collectors decision how bad they want that particular release. Good news is that there are many helpful ninjas here on the site to help those that may have missed releases. Have been helped a couple times! Great site, Great members

I know you agree but just to add,

when it comes back after sold out and back in stock but with the Zbox, I don't feel this is right at all to only offer the steel with the Zbox, so in a way it is forcing the steelbook collector if he really wants that steel...yes it is his decision, but with zavvi twisting his arm...

I really do not agree with this marketing strategy, they must keep a bunch and put sold out earlier for when they re-offer it again it will be with the box.

In any case indeed I prefer paying double on the secondary market than give that same amount or so to zavvi to support the box if I have to have a certain steel

I wonder, now that The Incredibles and A Bug's Life have gone back up for order for £19.99, what price this will be back as? This sold out at £24.99, and then it dropped to £19.99 AFTER it sold out ! (then it went to zhitebox at £49.99)

I bet it will be back at £19.99, just to p*ss everyone off again. I cancelled mine, and will wait to see how this turns out, and will decide later if it's worth picking up. I hope it turns out better than it looks in the mockups.

I wonder, now that The Incredibles and A Bug's Life have gone back up for order for £19.99, what price this will be back as? This sold out at £24.99, and then it dropped to £19.99 AFTER it sold out ! (then it went to zhitebox at £49.99)

I bet it will be back at £19.99, just to p*ss everyone off again. I cancelled mine, and will wait to see how this turns out, and will decide later if it's worth picking up. I hope it turns out better than it looks in the mockups.

Wanted to do the same but was too late.