Wanted (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Italy]

Sep 23, 2013
Release date: June 20, 2018
Purchase links: DVD-Store - Amazon IT
Price: €14.90 (DVD-Store) - €18.62 (Amazon)

Immagine.jpg

Immagine2.jpg
Immagine3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I own both.
There is a huge difference in quality.
The first wins in a landslide victory.
The second was cheap-o quality. And a crappy image.
One (the first) is official art. The second is some lame art student's idea.
(Probably graduated from Pop Art Univeristy or Reel Heroes Community College):LOL:
(There is a reason original blue banner steels (like Iron Man) go for so much - they are better made and quality that we don't see as much anymore from studio retailers that aren't premium labels)

Last edited:
I own both.
There is a huge difference in quality.
The first wins in a landslide victory.
The second was cheap-o quality. And a crappy image.

I own both too and much prefer the re-release . . . in fact, I also own the original Play.com release with booklet attached.
Sorry that you don't dig the splendid re-release .. . and not much that can be said to people like you who only insist on original poster art and are not prepared to give steelbooks with a fresh spin a go.

Looking forward to seeing how this new WANTED steelbook turns out . . . hopefully it'll have embossing just like the other 2 re-releases mentioned - SWEENEY TODD and PSYCHO.

SWEENEY TODD original and re-release not at all in the same camp as the PSYCHO steelbook, for example, where I rate both equally despite the banner header and partially printed back on t#1:-
upload_2018-2-11_20-36-52.png
upload_2018-2-11_20-41-36.png
upload_2018-2-11_21-7-12.png
upload_2018-2-11_21-7-54.png

Last edited:
I own both too and much prefer the re-release . . . in fact, I also own the original Play.com release with booklet attached.
Sorry that you don't dig the splendid re-release .. . and not much that can be said to people like you who only insist on original poster art and are not prepared to give steelbooks with a fresh spin a go.

Looking forward to seeing how this new WANTED steelbook turns out . . . hopefully it'll have embossing just like the other 2 re-releases mentioned - SWEENEY TODD and PSYCHO.

SWEENEY TODD original and re-release not at all in the same camp as the PSYCHO steelbook, for example, where I rate both equally despite the banner header and partially printed back on t#1:-
View attachment 358083 View attachment 358084 View attachment 358085View attachment 358086
I'm fine with new art.
But I prefer it to be good. The rerelease steelbook of Sweeney Todd is "on the nose" artwork.
It's like (but not as bad as) the new French wave steelbooks: The Shining = Axe, Ben Hur = Chariot Wheel, 300 = Helmet, Goonies = Treasure Chest....
It's lazy, not inspired.

I'm fine with new art.
But I prefer it to be good. The rerelease steelbook of Sweeney Todd is "on the nose" artwork.
It's like (but not as bad as) the new French wave steelbooks: The Shining = Axe, Ben Hur = Chariot Wheel, 300 = Helmet, Goonies = Treasure Chest....
It's lazy, not inspired.

Wrong thread it may be but as we're still waffling about the 13 Iconic Moments steelbook collection . . . I see nothing wrong with taking a prop and a quote associated with the film and putting them on the covers of a new steelbook collection.

OK, they are not inspired but then again they are not meant to me. Call a spade a spade (or an axe lol) - as the old saying goes - which is exactly what we have. No pretentious malarkey here.

These steelbooks clearly designed with a different client base in mind to your client base so just go ahead and have fun defacing these creations with your graffiti.

It's also possible that original artwork on some films is harder to get permission to use - or just more expensive - and it could even be a case of new art or no art / new steelbook or no steelbook. You may of course say that you'd rather have no steelbooks than these steelbooks . . . but there are new collectors and new buyers maybe just discovering films in steelbooks who will be more than happy to buy these . . . and no matter what you and your crowd say there's got to be a market for these fresh and fun steelbooks instead of the usual poster art editions that we remember from the early days and which fill our shelves to groaning point.

Illustrated Art, Pop Art, Gallery 1988, Iconic Art and all the other styles that grace our steelbooks and, yes, I do mean grace our steelbooks may be unpopular with the seasoned collector but the hobby needs new blood if it's to have a future.

An infinitesimal number of collectors will buy premium editions off the bat although they may, just may, gravitate to those editions after starting off with basic steelbooks such as these Iconic Moments.

Last edited:
Wrong thread it may be but as we're still waffling about the 13 Iconic Moments steelbook collection . . . I see nothing wrong with taking a prop and a quote associated with the film and putting them on the covers of a new steelbook collection.

OK, they are not inspired but then again they are not meant to me. Call a spade a spade (or an axe lol) - as the old saying goes - which is exactly what we have. No pretentious malarkey here.

These steelbooks clearly designed with a different client base in mind to your client base so just go ahead and have fun defacing these creations with your graffiti.

It's also possible that original artwork on some films is harder to get permission to use - or just more expensive - and it could even be a case of new art or no art / new steelbook or no steelbook. You may of course say that you'd rather have no steelbooks than these steelbooks . . . but there are new collectors and new buyers maybe just discovering films in steelbooks who will be more than happy to buy these . . . and no matter what you and your crowd say there's got to be a market for these fresh and fun steelbooks instead of the usual poster art editions that we remember from the early days and which fill our shelves to groaning point.

Illustrated Art, Pop Art, Gallery 1988, Iconic Art and all the other styles that grace our steelbooks and, yes, I do mean grace our steelbooks may be unpopular with the seasoned collector but the hobby needs new blood if it's to have a future.

An infinitesimal number of collectors will buy premium editions off the bat although they may, just may, gravitate to those editions after starting off with basic steelbooks such as these Iconic Moments.
These "fresh and fun" steelbooks are made for one reason only - To make a quick buck.
They do not care about anything beyond that. They choose cheap art they make themselves because it is cheap. They do not have their "clients" interests in mind, just their cash.
Usually this kind of cash grab was limited to amaray editions - but now they are trying it with steelbooks.
My "graffiti" is meant to illustrate (in a humorous fashion) how these can be pumped out in a matter of minutes with google search and a rudimentary paint program.
But make no mistake, they are simply made, and marketed for the easy mark for a quick buck.

These "fresh and fun" steelbooks are made for one reason only - To make a quick buck.
They do not care about anything beyond that. They choose cheap art they make themselves because it is cheap. They do not have their "clients" interests in mind, just their cash.
Usually this kind of cash grab was limited to amaray editions - but now they are trying it with steelbooks.
My "graffiti" is meant to illustrate (in a humorous fashion) how these can be pumped out in a matter of minutes with google search and a rudimentary paint program.
But make no mistake, they are simply made, and marketed for the easy mark for a quick buck.

Sorry but your point is lost on me.
IMO nothing at all wrong with this kind of steelbook - or "cash grab" steelbook as you call it . . .

In point of fact, the biggest cash grab steelbooks are the premium editions which although looking splendid in no small part dus to the care and attention to detail lavished on the slips are nevertheless obscenely overpriced for what they are. No argument about that, surely.

Steelbooks must appeal to all types and not just to the elitist collectors among us and that is why I welcome all fresh, unusual and interesting designs . . . the steelbook canvas must show creativity of design - even if some of us don't like the result - and not just photoshopped images appropriated from original poster designs.

Imagine the History of Art had there only been figurative works . . . no Impressionism, Surrealism, Pop Art, Expressionism, Cubism and all the other -isms that have made works of art so appealing to so many of us over the years.

Anyway, I'd say this is one topic on which we should agree to disagree and not pollute this thread further.