War for the Planet of the Apes (4K UHD SteelBook) (OAB - Blufans) [China]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If HMV can do it, why not Blufans? You would think that they could include all the discs at the prices they charge. They're all the same....... Greedy! Filmarena, blufans etc prices increasing by the day and nothing extra to show for it. Growing increasingly tired of it now.

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
Is Blufans trying to kill 3D now too? All of these 4K only releases are disconcerting. Guess it will give my wallet a needed break!

James Cameron and Avatar 2 is gonna fix their wagon on that one.:naughty:
(JC has worked too hard on 3D to just give up the ghost)
His focus will be the theaters. I believe he said in an interview the technology is not (yet) suitable for home.
Avatar 2 will still take a time. Even if the technology is great, it will then another couple of years for to be available for the home entertainment.
I don't expect chanes in the next 3 years or so. And maybe it's then already too late.

http://www.businessinsider.de/james...e-3d-projectors-for-theaters-2017-6?r=US&IR=T

His focus will be the theaters. I believe he said in an interview the technology is not (yet) suitable for home.
Avatar 2 will still take a time. Even if the technology is great, it will then another couple of years for to be available for the home entertainment.
I don't expect chanes in the next 3 years or so. And maybe it's then already too late.

http://www.businessinsider.de/james...e-3d-projectors-for-theaters-2017-6?r=US&IR=T
He said Avatar 2 will be released ONLY in 3D for home video.
He has invested a great deal in 3D - and he isn't gonna let it go.
3D will not be going away. It hasn't for 60 years. (i'm not an advocate for it or against it - it just is a fact that 3D and VR technologies will be a part of the future in films)

He said Avatar 2 will be released ONLY in 3D for home video.
He has invested a great deal in 3D - and he isn't gonna let it go.
3D will not be going away. It hasn't for 60 years. (i'm not an advocate for it or against it - it just is a fact that 3D and VR technologies will be a part of the future in films)
I haven't read that anywhere, but if so, I wish him all the luck. By that time I think there are hardly any new TVs with 3D support.
The only reason I would watch 3D at home (or in the movie theatre) is when it's glasses free...oh....and the quality is much better.
So...I'm not against 3D....just in its current form :)

I haven't read that anywhere, but if so, I wish him all the luck. By that time I think there are hardly any new TVs with 3D support.
The only reason I would watch 3D at home (or in the movie theatre) is when it's glasses free...oh....and the quality is much better.
So...I'm not against 3D....just in its current form :)
Mark my words - all the TV manufacturers will all of a sudden offer 3D as an option again right before Avatar 2 comes out. Cameron has invested millions into making 3D viable again, and he will not go silently into that good night.
It costs vitually nothing to offer it as an option.
If you had the choice of a new 4K tv with and without 3D for the same price - why would you not choose the latter?
I had zero interest in it. My TV came with it. I liked it. A lot. I watch 3D maybe 30% of the time- but I love having the option. And some movies are just awesome that way. (And please don't compare 3D in theaters to 3D in home theaters - two VERY different things. The best 3D I have ever seen is in my own home. Today's theaters have NO idea how to properly throw a digital DCP onto a theater screen (3D or not). Theaters are now the worst place to see movies properly (unless on film, and preferably large format)).

Mark my words - all the TV manufacturers will all of a sudden offer 3D as an option again right before Avatar 2 comes out. Cameron has invested millions into making 3D viable again, and he will not go silently into that good night.
It costs vitually nothing to offer it as an option.
If you had the choice of a new 4K tv with and without 3D for the same price - why would you not choose the latter?
I had zero interest in it. My TV came with it. I liked it. A lot. I watch 3D maybe 30% of the time- but I love having the option. And some movies are just awesome that way. (And please don't compare 3D in theaters to 3D in home theaters - two VERY different things. The best 3D I have ever seen is in my own home. Today's theaters have NO idea how to properly throw a digital DCP onto a theater screen (3D or not). Theaters are now the worst place to see movies properly (unless on film, and preferably large format)).
I have heard from several people home 3D is better than the 3D in theaters.

I really hope this new 3D technology will be offered as a free option on a new TV. For my current TV the current version was an expensive option. And since I don't like the current form with glasses anyway, the choice was easy.

If Avatar won't be offered as a 2D version, well, guess I won't be buying it then, simply because I don't have the 3D option.

Time will tell.

I have heard from several people home 3D is better than the 3D in theaters.

I really hope this new 3D technology will be offered as a free option on a new TV. For my current TV the current version was an expensive option. And since I don't like the current form with glasses anyway, the choice was easy.

If Avatar won't be offered as a 2D version, well, guess I won't be buying it then, simply because I don't have the 3D option.

Time will tell.
I can't speak to the added price of 3D on 4K tv sets (I don't have one yet). But I can tell you that I spent a week with an LG 65" OLED 4K tv with 3D - and the 3D was incredible. (With 4K you get 1080p in each eye).
Also - there is a difference on which kind you are watching - passive or active 3D - I prefer active to passive as it is more enveloping. (Passive is what theaters use).
Not sure how far off glasses-free 3D is - but I do know that you can't fight the coming wave 3D and VR.
(I believe the TV manufacturers are just hedging their bets on glasses-free 3D coming sooner rather than later).

Status
Not open for further replies.