War for the Planet of the Apes - In theaters July 14, 2017

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: War of the Planet of the Apes (2017)

Genre: [GENRE][/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Matt Reeves[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR][/ACTOR]

Plot: In War for the Planet of the Apes, the third chapter of the critically acclaimed blockbuster franchise, Caesar and his apes are forced into a deadly conflict with an army of humans led by a ruthless Colonel. After the apes suffer unimaginable losses, Caesar wrestles with his darker instincts and begins his own mythic quest to avenge his kind. As the journey finally brings them face to face, Caesar and the Colonel are pitted against each other in an epic battle that will determine the fate of both their species and the future of the planet.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
3vYhLLxrTtZLysXtIWktmd57Snv.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]
From IMDB:
War_Apes.jpg

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/matt-reeves-will-direct-planet-of-the-apes-3
Matt Reeves will return to helm the sequel for Dawn of the Apes, 'Planet of the Apes 3' with a release date of July 29, 2016

EXCLUSIVE: Right after 20th Century Fox and Chernin Entertainment began screening his cut of Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes, Matt Reeves has signed on to direct the third installment of the franchise. This time, he will write the script with Mark Bomback, one of the writers who scripted the sequel. Amanda Silver and Rick Jaffa were the scribes who resurrected the franchise with Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes, the Ruper Wyatt-directed film that grossed $482 million worldwide in 2011. The directing deal is done and the writer deals are being worked out right now. It is likely that Reeves will go right into the third film, a priority for the studio.

It was revealed that Dawn of the Planet of the Apes helmer Matt Reeves will be returning for another entry in the sci-fi film series. 20th Century Fox has dated the untitled film (the eighth in the franchise overall and the third since the series was rebooted for the second time with Rise of the Planet of the Apes) for July 29, 2016. There are currently no other films scheduled for release on that day.

First, Dawn is set to debut July 11, 2014, and it stars Gary Oldman, Jason Clarke and Keri Russell, with Andy Serkis reprising his role as Caesar, the intelligent ape that led the breakout from a lab before much of the human race was wiped out at the close of the first film. The survivors square off against Caesar’s growing army in the second film. The pic is based on the Pierre Boulle novel, and was first turned into a film that starred Charlton Heston in 1968.

planet-of-the-apes-wallpaper.jpg

*UPDATE*
Earlier today FOX announced the third 'Untitled' Planet of the Apes has been moved from July 29, 2016 to July 14, 2017. :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: denizen and Asopp
Alyssa and I went to see this yesterday :)
View attachment 322572 View attachment 322571

Everyone knows I'm a huge fan of the original PotA. But I truly love these prequel films that began with Rise. Dawn was absolutely breathtaking and Koba is still one of my favorite characters :drool: But WAR... it's by far the greatest film I've ever seen. Caesar's character means so much to me. Andy Serkis has brought him to life throughout all 3 films. :notworthy:

The Raid, King Kong, and John Wick 2 all take a step down from my list for WAR's top spot! :cool: I strongly urge you to experience this in the theaters. It's incredible, do not miss it. Now I can't wait to own the blu-ray! :thumbs:

Saw it also, love it. :drool:One of my favourite trilogies. I hope they will continue with the franchise.

Hope we get some premium editions :D

I hope a retailer give us a boxset with all 3 movies (Hdzeta, Manta lab) :naughty:

Saw it last night! SO GOOD!!! :thumbs:

I think Dawn is still my favorite of this trilogy. But that is not taking anything away from this film.
Its fantastic and I am still blown away on how good the CGI and Motion Capture is for these films. It streets ahead of everything everyone else is doing.

They seriously need to give Andy Serkis an Oscar. The work he has done in this series is amazing and needs to be recognized.

Did anyone else see Del Toro's The Shape of Water Trailer before this?
(I posted about it in the film's thread, but I thought I should draw attention to it here as well)

Right now the trailer isn't online and can only been seen before WAR.