May 30, 2014
Release date: October 10th, 2016
Purchase link: Zoom.co.uk
Price: £22.99
HDN Group Buy: Contact Cooey

1.jpg

2.jpg 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zoom will loose out on sales by only shipping within the UK less chance to sell out the release
I can see these releases ending up available at Zavvi or another retailer that ships international at a later sage

Zoom will loose out on sales by only shipping within the UK less chance to sell out the release
I can see these releases ending up available at Zavvi or another retailer that ships international at a later sage
imo can't really see them having any problems selling out of this steelbook seems to have a big following fan base ! :thumbs:

Great to see another UK retailer joining the exclusive steelbook market... hopefully they'll turn out to be just as good as Entertainment One were - anyone know what happened to them?

yeah i wondering the other day what happen to there exclusives seemed to have dropped of the radar in that respect !:thumbs:
images (1).jpg

imo can't really see them having any problems selling out of this steelbook seems to have a big following fan base ! :thumbs:
By not shipping outside the UK the possible sales are reduced a lot and could be lot more if they shipped world wide and better chance to sell out fully at full price.
Steelbooks releases is best sold if shipping is worldwide as it reaches a larger market

By not shipping outside the UK the possible sales are reduced a lot and could be lot more if they shipped world wide and better chance to sell out fully at full price.
Steelbooks releases is best sold if shipping is worldwide as it reaches a larger market
yeah can agree with the logic in that ! :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: paulboland
WWA?
1) The really cool grey one with what looks like embossing front and back - my favourite by a mile - and not based on any of the original posters:-
images
images
images

2) This more colourful one from the poster designed by CREATIVE PARTNERSHIP as seen on Amazon.de:-
(bit crowded for my taste with the floating heads etc. - another to join the growing list of swords in artwork on steelbook covers though).

http://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product/_warcraft-the-beginning-steelbook-abenteuer-blu-ray-2139925.html

3) The one showing as a Media Markt Exclusive from the poster designed by CONCEPT ARTS :-
(bit unoriginal and reminds me of other "big head" covers such as MACBETH, HUNGER GAMES COMPLETE COLLECTION and dare I say it DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES).

http://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product...ition-action-3d-bd-2d-bd-blu-ray-2142860.html

Hope we get #1

Anyway, ordered this one and TMNT: OUT OF THE SHADOWS today for GBP 41.38 combined and will be my very first order from Zoom and probably not my last if the U.K. has a new player in the steelbook game to join Zavvi and HMV and to a far lesser extent Amazon.

RE: ZOOM
- Owned by NBC Universal Group and a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation - i.e. not a bucket shop.
- People who have used them have reported no problems with either customer service or packaging and I hope they are right.
- Freephone number and email - 0800 021 7020 (Mon - Fri 9AM - 5PM) [email protected]
- Free delivery with none of this minimum 10 or 20 quid minimum spend.
- U.K. delivery only at time of writing.
- "Payment will be taken when you place your order" so I'll be checking my account in the next couple of days to see if GBP 41.38 has disappeared from it. No, just joking, I believe they take the nominal quid at the time of pre-order to check the account like HMV does/did and then they take the correct amount per item up to one week before dispatch - in this case WARCRAFT released on the 10th October could be charged as early as the 3rd and as for TMNT: OUT OF THE SHADOWS with no confirmed release date . . . who knows when you will be charged.

Last edited:
People are complaining that they only ship internally to the UK stating the advantages of world wide shipping. The Best buy retailers only ship to their respective countries. It they shipped world wide we would not have been stuck with a sub par star wars release.

Reactions: Jay37
People are complaining that they only ship internally to the UK stating the advantages of world wide shipping. The Best buy retailers only ship to their respective countries. It they shipped world wide we would not have been stuck with a sub par star wars release.

Good point and there are plenty of retailers in other countries that don't ship worldwide.

what does "LOCAL COPY GOES HERE" mean anyway?
My guess would be the title and certification stamps local to the country in which this is released (listed at the time of writing for Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway apart from the U.K.).
Just because the title is near the top in the mock-up doesn't mean that's the way it'll be in the flesh.
I'm sure, however, that someone here will know the right answer.

Last edited:
Reactions: goufcustom