Warner Bros. Diamond Luxe Blu-ray Series [USA]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
green.jpg

RELEASE DATE: Sept. 30, 2014

The striking functional design is more sleek and durable than traditional Blu-ray packaging. A super-slim case, only ½" thin when completely closed, features an eye-catching photographic image and title treatment. The case opens into a two-fold with two additional impactful images and then again into four panels with a powerful panoramic photo and two slots for the discs; all folding neatly for easy storage.

---------------------------------------------

THE GREEN MILE (15th Anniversary Edition)

Special Features:
Walking the Mile (New Extended Version): High-def documentary feature with Tom Hanks, Frank Darabont, Stephen King, and Mr. Jingles, the mouse
Audio Commentary by Frank Darabont
The Teaser Trailer: A Case Study
Walking the Mile: The Making of The Green Mile
Miracles and Mystery - Creating the Green Mile:
Stephen King: Storyteller
The Art of Adaptation
Acting on the Mile
Designing the Mile
The Magic of the Mile
The Tail of Mr. Jingles
Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Frank Darabont
Michael Clarke Duncan's Screen Test
Tom Hank's Makeup Test
Teaser
Trailer

NATURAL BORN KILLERS (20th Anniversary Edition)

Special Features:
Natural Born Killers: Method In The Madness (New)
Audio Commentaries by Oliver Stone (Theatrical version and Director's Cut)
Introduction by Oliver Stone (2009)
Natural Born Killers Evolution: How Would It All Go Down Now?
Chaos Rising: The Storm Around Natural Born Killers
"The Charlie Rose Show"
Alternate Ending With Optional Commentary by Oliver Stone
Alternate Ending
Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Oliver Stone
Trailer

FORREST GUMP (20th Anniversary Edition)

Special Features:
Greenbow Diary
The Art of Screenplay Adaptation
Little Forrest
An Evening with Forrest Gump
Easter Egg: Groom on Gump
The Make-up of Forrest Gump
Through the Ears of Forrest Gump – Sound Design
Building The World of Forrest Gump
Seeing is Believing – The Visual Effects of Forrest Gump
Screen Tests
Theatrical Trailer
Remember Trailer

GREMLINS (30th Anniversary Edition)

Special Features:
From Gizmo to Gremlins: Creating the Creatures (New) - Special effects wizard Chris Walas plus the filmmakers and cast guide us through the art of creating Gremlins, Gizmo and Stripe, how the puppets worked (or didn't!) and how their voices came to be.
Cute. Clever. Mischievous. Intelligent. Dangerous: Making Gremlins (New) - Steven Spielberg tells how he found the screenplay for Gremlins and why it was perfect for his then-new company Amblin Entertainment. Dante, Marshall and Finnell also participate.
Motion Comic of the 1984 Book "Gremlins: The Gift of the Mogwai" (New)
Motion Comic of the 1984 Book "The Last Gremlin" (New)
Hangin' With Hoyt on the Set of Gremlins (New)

BEN-HUR (55th Anniversary Edition)

Special Features:
Commentary by film historian T. Gene Hatcher and Charlton Heston
Feature Length Documentary: Charlton Heston & Ben-Hur: A Personal Journey - Retrospective on the Ben-Hur star, written and directed by his son Fraser C. Heston, featuring never-before-available images and footage from the Heston family archives
The 1925 Silent Version: Thames Television
Restoration with Stereophonic Orchestral Score by Carl Davis
The Epic That Changed Cinema
The Making of an Epic
A Journey Through Pictures: Audiovisual recreation via stills, storyboards, sketches, music and dialogue
Screen Tests
Highlights from the 1960 Academy Awards® Telecast
Newsreels

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks like cheap, thin paper, without a plastic tray.

Sorry Warner, but this films deserves better packagings.
Maybee Digibooks, Steelbooks or a nice embossed Slipcover like Game of Thrones Season 3.

made from the same material as the Amazing Spider-man 2 magno case. Ordered all 4 of these Diamond Luxe editions from Amazon Germany... works out to $17.50 each...not bad. Check out this: The Diamond Luxe (WB) or Magno (Sony) is a completely new type of collectible disc package. Pictures and video can’t do it justice. The trade name is actually NEO™. I invented NEO™ along with PixelChrome™ the hyper glossy/ reflective specialty graphic substrate that it is constructed from, about 18 months ago here in my Los Angeles design studio not far from Sony Pictures. SPE is releasing the first example of NEO with Amazing Spiderman 2 at Best Buy on 8/19. The finished composite material is .100” thick and is made up of approximately 15 layers of stuff. It took about a year to refine the product to within NASA tolerances and build the equipment that makes the revolutionary manufacturing process possible. One of the key challenges was to create a precision snap fit for the disc without using a hub. The case is kept securely closed with dual neodymium magnets embedded in the material. NEO is being manufactured by DISC, the specialty packaging company that I work for, in Long Island, NY. More images and a decent 3D animation of NEO can be found here: www.neobluray.com. My goal was to create a completely new solution, capable of displaying celebrated imagery in the richest way possible, to create a case that is cinematic, timeless, and obscures the artwork as little as possible (both inside and out). No hubs, no trays, no borders, no cloudy plastic to look through. I also wanted it to be made from anything other than cheap molded plastic or recycled tin cans. Great movies deserve better! Not to slight Steelbooks etc, it is a great product and is still a good fit for some titles, but it is well past a decade old. I have also observed over and over that printing on recycled scrap metal drives people in this business crazy with its limitations and poor color consistency. I once heard an art director at one of the studios say that tin printing should be reserved for lunchboxes and vintage toys! I don't think that's true but I understand her frustration. Anyway I hope that collectors enjoy having something new to experience. In the wide world of commercial graphic art, I can’t think of a better place to be making a contribution. - Shane Rossiter

made from the same material as the Amazing Spider-man 2 magno case. Ordered all 4 of these Diamond Luxe editions from Amazon Germany... works out to $17.50 each...not bad. Check out this: The Diamond Luxe (WB) or Magno (Sony) is a completely new type of collectible disc package. Pictures and video can’t do it justice. The trade name is actually NEO™. I invented NEO™ along with PixelChrome™ the hyper glossy/ reflective specialty graphic substrate that it is constructed from, about 18 months ago here in my Los Angeles design studio not far from Sony Pictures. SPE is releasing the first example of NEO with Amazing Spiderman 2 at Best Buy on 8/19. The finished composite material is .100” thick and is made up of approximately 15 layers of stuff. It took about a year to refine the product to within NASA tolerances and build the equipment that makes the revolutionary manufacturing process possible. One of the key challenges was to create a precision snap fit for the disc without using a hub. The case is kept securely closed with dual neodymium magnets embedded in the material. NEO is being manufactured by DISC, the specialty packaging company that I work for, in Long Island, NY. More images and a decent 3D animation of NEO can be found here: www.neobluray.com. My goal was to create a completely new solution, capable of displaying celebrated imagery in the richest way possible, to create a case that is cinematic, timeless, and obscures the artwork as little as possible (both inside and out). No hubs, no trays, no borders, no cloudy plastic to look through. I also wanted it to be made from anything other than cheap molded plastic or recycled tin cans. Great movies deserve better! Not to slight Steelbooks etc, it is a great product and is still a good fit for some titles, but it is well past a decade old. I have also observed over and over that printing on recycled scrap metal drives people in this business crazy with its limitations and poor color consistency. I once heard an art director at one of the studios say that tin printing should be reserved for lunchboxes and vintage toys! I don't think that's true but I understand her frustration. Anyway I hope that collectors enjoy having something new to experience. In the wide world of commercial graphic art, I can’t think of a better place to be making a contribution. - Shane Rossiter
Hi, do you know if these will have that "grey part" on all the artworks? Think that looks bad... Hope to get my first of these NEO Packs this week with the Amazing Spider-Man 2...
But that grey part is disturbing IMO...

Hi, do you know if these will have that "grey part" on all the artworks? Think that looks bad... Hope to get my first of these NEO Packs this week with the Amazing Spider-Man 2...
But that grey part is disturbing IMO...
It doesn't have those grey lines/parts, on it! If you watch the video on Amazon.de you can clearly see the lines move up and down the image. Kind of like a shadow effect as the light moves up and down the image...:thumbs:

Reactions: MK50
Dude, do you work for NEO? If so, you are doing a great job ;)
If not, you should get commission! :rofl:

Bought both Gremlins and Forrest Gump but I'll be honest, I don't like them. The material used shows lots of little scratches and scuffs. I would have preferred you use a different material. What comes to mind as a superior example are the materials used in CJ Entertainment Digipacks. In my opinion these won't be replacing steelbooks anytime soon.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Unboxing review for NBK: here

I picked up Gone with the Wind at Target. The artwork is amazing. I love this packaging. This is my new preferred format for deluxe editions.