The Dark Knight Rises

Purchase links:
The Prestige
Insomnia
Inception
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises

To my knowledge, "Insomnia" has not received a Steelbook release before.

Releases would appear to be timed to coincide with the forthcoming release of "Interstellar".

Image2.jpg

Last edited:
If it was a black cover with Scarecrow in the same format it would be amazing! :drool: I've also ordered TDK and TDKR like a lot of people, I am apprehensive about the finish quality too though... the pessimist in me is not expecting gloss, but more likely to be washed out streaky matte :meh:

I forgot that finished could have been streaky with the price

Look at the spine on Batman Begins. The colors don't match at all on the "edge: of the front.

I'm thinking (praying) they have a really a ****** mockup.

Does anyone want to shed some light on why in Gods name these are jumbo...??

I like the art on one or two, but I ain't parting with my hard earned cash for jumbos.

Even the recent German Underworld quadrilogy can squeeze 4 discs into a normal sized one.

Does anyone want to shed some light on why in Gods name these are jumbo...??

I like the art on one or two, but I ain't parting with my hard earned cash for jumbos.

Even the recent German Underworld quadrilogy can squeeze 4 discs into a normal sized one.

I do not believe these will be, I believe they are just poor mock ups, there is no reason why they would be, there is no way these would be more than 4 discs IMO.

TDK and TDKR look great, although I hope they don't end up being jumbo. Do we have any idea what the backs will look like? I can't stand when they put credits and junk on the back. I'm guessing this art will start appearing in other places too, I hope.

I don't buy many French steelbooks (I have a grand total of one in my collection)--are these expected to be a high-quality finish (gloss or a quality matte)? Or just a cheap matte finish?

Ordered the Dark Knight trilogy ones to add to my existing steelbook collection of them, and Insomnia.....Already own steels for Prestige and Inception so i'll pass on these for now. I know i'll want them in the end, especially if Interstellar gets a jumbo!

don' t know if anyone has already said but why does it say The Prestige on the front with "from the director of Batman Begins" at the top in English and Le Prestige in French on the spine, surely it would be sold as the same title on both or is it most likely just a crappy mock-up.

don' t know if anyone has already said but why does it say The Prestige on the front with "from the director of Batman Begins" at the top in English and Le Prestige in French on the spine, surely it would be sold as the same title on both or is it most likely just a crappy mock-up.

I asked the same question about 10 posts back. My guess is that nobody knows what the final artwork will truly be at this point, or I'm on a universal "ignore" sitewide.

Few things- And hate to sound like a broken record by echoing the sentiments of everyone else who's commenting on it- But it can't be a jumbo sb, surely??
Id get the Dark Knight/Dark Knight Rises in a heartbeat IF there was a matching Begins steelbook and if the cases were standard sb size- Also; Do we know if these will stay exclusive to France, or if we can expect to see them released on these shores in the future??

Given how quickly a lot of the more popular steels sell out, are these French steels likely to be around for a while? I know no-one has a crystal ball, but I'm going through a bit of a skint patch and could do with adding these to a birthday list for July instead