Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Use other method phone ect.

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters

Scary Hair

Lost The Plot Ninja
Apr 27, 2012
Derbyshire ,England.
Stupid topic I know but on the school run this morning I realized that in the School playground before the bell went, more parents were checking thire phones instead of thire wrists for the time.

So Is the Wristwatch becoming the next but of old world technology going to become extinct?.

Sticking a poll on so have some fun.

This is my watch I need analog as well as digital as I cannot tell the time Dyslexia and watches sometimes do not mix.

Dual display is the best for me .
I have no other watch so even IF we go somewhere up market this is what I wear if nobody likes it it is thire problem NOT Mine !. snow 049.jpg

I LOVE watches have about half a dozen and would love more, but I hardly ever wear one (never have, even long before smart phones) and when I do wear one (night out) I wear it on my right hand and I'm right handed (apparently that's odd too!)

Got this for my birthday last month

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379674468.878748.jpg

I´m a watch wearer too. If i don´t have a watch around my wrist it just doesn´t feel right. I´m just to used to it. This is the watch i have. Mine isn´t that clean any more because i wear it every day but i have the same model.

DW0121-2.jpg

The only time i wear another one is when i´m doing sport. I´m wearing a small and light Baby-G then

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Scary Hair
Antman that is NICE !

Zero I am the same but they look loved when they have a little wear about them.

My last one was in a bad way that is why I got this one. That was a G-Shock as well got my arm stuck in a garage door it saved my wrist from being broken.

Reactions: Antman
81zbDCAjblL._SL1500_.jpg

I wear a diving watch as I've been diving quiet a few times. I have a friend that's a certified diver training instructor and he turned me on to this watch. It's a TechnoMarine UF6 with a silver dial.

I bought it off of Amazon but I can't find it on there anymore. Anyways I wear it pretty much all the time even when I'm not diving because it's a pretty nice watch. :cool:

My bad: I selected the wrong thing on the poll, oops. :emb:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a few watches and watches are my achilles heel!

I have 4 that I normally rotate through, I prefer stainless Fossil. I always disliked the leather bands. I regularly wear them, just simply got used to it.

I clicked the wrong button in the poll. Though i haven't worn a wristwatch in about 12 years, i use my phone as my portable clock.

Yes i got many watches only lazy people dont wear a watch

Why are people that don't wear watches lazy? I mean it's considered jewelry and it represents a fashion statement plus it's convenient. I have a few friends that don't wear watches and they solely rely on their cell phones to give them the time and that's perfectly fine.

One of them refuses to succumb to the everyday story that you must wear jewelry or a watch to say your fashionable. He wears designer suits though to his job every day and is the nicest dressed person at his work and he gets all the girls; lucky bastard. lol

Just because you don't wear a watch doesn't mean your lazy.

Why are people that don't wear watches lazy? I mean it's considered jewelry and it represents a fashion statement plus it's convenient. I have a few friends that don't wear watches and they solely rely on their cell phones to give them the time and that's perfectly fine.

One of them refuses to succumb to the everyday story that you must wear jewelry or a watch to say your fashionable. He wears designer suits though to his job every day and is the nicest dressed person at his work and he gets all the girls; lucky bastard. lol

Just because you don't wear a watch doesn't mean your lazy.

Its because i always wear a watch and the amount of people who stop me ask for the time. The chance is they will have a mobile phone with the time on but there to lazy to look. Also when training with fellow runners they rely on my watch for gps us there too lazy to wear there own.

Yes, definitely a watch wearer. Back in March of 2006, i spotted this Citizen Calibre 2100 "Eco Drive" at a Zales store in a mall in Houston. I had never owned a "real" watch before, because i never cared enough to spend the money. However, when i saw this one, i had to have it. I absolutely love the white & black dial and the brushed stainless steel all around. Anyway, Zales had it priced at $625, so i decided to wait and see what the (back then) Amazon.com price was, and they were selling it for $225! This was before they started charging tax in Texas, so needless to say i immediately bought it and i still think it was a price mistake. It has never been that low in price again, and to this day, more than 7 years later...it's still about $450.

This watch has been on my wrist ever single day since March 22nd of 2006, and has never failed to keep accurate time. As you can see in the picture, it's pretty banged up from whatever i do, since it's always right there with me. :cool:

h6p8.png

I love this damn thing so much, i recently decided to purchase another one "just in case" it would ever stop working. Since i'm out of warranty, i'd have to send it in to Citizen to get it repaired and the CS lady i spoke to gave me a minimum price for that service, which wasn't much less than the full $500 i paid for this new one.

ct82.png

Reactions: Zero and Antman
Got somewhere between 20 and 30 watches. Also wear my watch on my right wrist and am right handed. I occasionally wear 2 watches, 1 on each wrist (yes, I know that's weird)

Anyway, my wife got me this for my 40th and I've not worn another since

6633656299_051bbd6f85_z.jpg

Reactions: bigfub