Pieter V

Rise!
Premium Supporter
Oct 3, 2011
Netherlands
Release date: November 13rd 2012
Price: $52.49
Buy here'

As of 9/3/2012 also available here for $10 off and free shipping.Cpde 123F45677894300D1934. Code may no longer work.

tumblr_m9j6vbCReU1qa6obyo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m9konnY4qA1qhojeto2_1280.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I stay in South Africa so to send this back will also prove to be a bit of a drag. Im hoping mine arrives in good condition. With so many damaged, one would think they were planning on sorting out the problem.

Perhaps its still early days...

funny enough I was looking in the wrong spot and noticed the same tear in my watchmen set box as well, glad I am getting that replacement

Someone else I know also received a damaged outer box. He came up with a pretty obvious and simple solution to prevent further damage... swap the book and digipack section around, so that the book (heavier item) is on the bottom and the digi (lighter item) is on top. I think I'm going to keep mine now anyway. Will probably just glue the torn areas or get some black tape and stick it on the inside of the box.

Lucky you.

Thanks. I'm surprised by what I'm reading here since Amazon are usually really good. I've never received damaged goods from them. Standards seem to have fallen somewhat.

Sorry to hear about people having bad experiences.

My spare one will go on ebay soon so keep an eye out for it...

What are they saying mate? Just ordered one myself....:ohno:

I got 2 and am not opening my 2nd one for fear, one had exterior damage, took ages on the live chat to get a resolution, eventually got full refund and tole to keep item

I take back my earlier rage, the packaging from Amazon isnt the problem, the actual item is apallingly constructed, the black box is held together in the corners so fragily that taking the book out can split it.

Reactions: tflo2010
I got 2 and am not opening my 2nd one for fear, one had exterior damage, took ages on the live chat to get a resolution, eventually got full refund and tole to keep item

I take back my earlier rage, the packaging from Amazon isnt the problem, the actual item is apallingly constructed, the black box is held together in the corners so fragily that taking the book out can split it.

Wow, you received a full refund AND got to keep the item... how did you manage that mate?

Received mine today. Amazon sent in a cardboard box without padding at all!
When I opened the package a small piece fell out of it.
Upon close inspection I did noticed a very visible crack in one of the corners.

Wow, you received a full refund AND got to keep the item... how did you manage that mate?

I had bought 3 and said I wanted to return one item and have a replacement sent to me.

They said due to customs fees They had to recharge a full order that day for the 1 item including shipping and customs and they would send iut the replacement that day.

However I was also told to pay for recorded return shipping ($30) and then a refund would be processed in 3-5 working days from then for the shipping and the item but not customs fees ($12). That seemed to be a joke as it could have taken upto 20 days with postage the way it is and I'd have paid extra customs.

As such I told them due to the item having quality issues - I referred them to this thread and told them to sod off and I wanted to return all 3 and have shipping paid for as it wasnt my fault the item was a mess.

After a conversation with a supervisor I was promptly offered a refund for the 1 item including the customs fees and shipping paid and told to dispose of the item or do with it what I wanted.

A result I suppose but Id have preferred a set in mint condition.

Now scared to open the other 2 as they look ok...

Sorry to hear so many people receiving damaged copies. Didn't Warner Bros Home Video have the same problem with the Wizard of Oz 70th Anniversary Ultimate Collectors box set a couple of years ago? I think I remember the packaging being damaged and torn on the corners.

Well I ordered from Amazon, received it in FL, United States, then shipped it to Lima, Peru and arrived it in a really nice condition, just flawless. I was very lucky.

Mine arrived today and looked mint when still sealed. I Opened it and 3 sides of the outer box just dropped apart. I would say with the weight of the book the caseing is struggling a bit in transport especially all the way to the U.K. Even if I asked for a replacement I would presume it would arrive more or less the same. Shame as this is a lovely item. The inner blu ray packaging has minor tears to it. Not sure how this could have happened.