Paris, France
Release date: October 13, 2014
Purchase link: Zavvi.com
Price: £14.99

01.jpg

02.jpg
00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't entertain this for even a fiver!

It is amongst the most awful films ever made.

Peter Bradshaw summed it up perfectly: "Even propaganda films don't have to be as dire as this".

It's sheer awfulness rivals The Green Berets - and that's saying something!

In fact, I'll go further, this is as truly bad as Apocalypse Now and The Deer Hunter are supremely brilliant!

Last edited:
And many more, including the vast majority of the most respected professional reviewers around.

But having struggled through it, I find it hard to see anything remotely good about it. It's stinker!

If you like I'lll rip it apart in detail; but I expect you'd still find it wonderful - so we'll leave it there, I think.

lol, nice attitude. Feel free to "rip it apart", your opinion and the opinion of "professional reviewers" is completely irrelevant, if people like it, then that's all that matters.

For the record, I can't stand Apocalypse Now and could "rip it apart" if I felt the urge. But I don't feel the urge.

Capture d’écran 2014-08-31 à 13.04.46.png

Well, it's "sold out" already.

I wonder if Zavvi really thinks we believe it's sold out :D (Apocalypto is still live, and I'd wager it's the most popular title of the two).

View attachment 97988

Well, it's "sold out" already.

I wonder if Zavvi really thinks we believe it's sold out :D (Apocalypto is still live, and I'd wager it's the most popular title of the two).

Its not Sold Out
Its not live yet until later today around 6pm (Live Sun 8/31/2014)

That's normal with Zavvi to see a Pre-order listed as sold out before it goes live that's the way they list pre-orders before they go live
When it goes live it will change to Pre-Order instead of Sold Out
You must be new to Zavvi as its always been this way with them

Oh, I thought it went live yesterday at the same time as Apocalypto :bag:.

I'm not a new Zavvi customer, I am well aware of them :D, it's just that I didn't check yesterday and I assumed it had gone live (now that I think about it, it's indeed odd that there wasn't even a single "Pre-ordered!" post in this thread before my message :pirate:).

Reactions: paulboland
lol, nice attitude. Feel free to "rip it apart", your opinion and the opinion of "professional reviewers" is completely irrelevant, if people like it, then that's all that matters.

For the record, I can't stand Apocalypse Now and could "rip it apart" if I felt the urge. But I don't feel the urge.

Well, essentially that's why I said leave it there - 'cause I figured you love the film, warts cardboard cutout characters and all. It's your preference and you're entitled to it :)
Pax.

i agree with both ur comments
we where solders was not the best film but watchable , Apocalypse Now is most boring and depressing film ever

Reactions: satanclaus