Weird blue icon on screen at all times... help!

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
So I've just purchased a new all-in-one Lenovo computer that runs Windows 10, and after a couple hours of updates it's finally ready to use... however, I immediately notice this weird blue unclickable icon/stamp in the top left corner of my screen that's visible at all times - it seems to float over the top of everything, including the cursor.

I've tried to Google the problem, but I'm not sure what to search exactly, so I've been unable to find an answer/solution. I also tried to take a screenshot, but it doesn't appear (does that mean it's a problem with the monitor itself?), so I took an actual photo instead...

IMG_2155.JPG

No idea why it's uploaded sideways, but you get the idea of what this "thing" looks like. It's driving me mad!

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
If it already came like that call whoever you purchased it from and see if they've had similar issues. If it's new I'd call support as it could be something wrong with the display or something else.
Yeah, looks like that's my only option. Appreciate the help Kelly. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader
Have you installed all the driver updates from the Lenovo website for your model computer yet? If not I'd try that first.
I haven't. It went through a number of updates (I don't know what exactly) when I first powered it up, which took almost 2 hours. Will try your suggestion now though. :)

You don't by any chance have Scroll Lock or Caps Lock on do you? Try some of your function keys and see if it will turn off.
Not that I'm aware of. I did already try the obvious ones like Caps Lock etc., but there's some new function keys I've never seen before... I tried them out anyway and it didn't seem to do anything unfortunately.

Thanks again for trying your best to help @AcIDc0r3. It's much appreciated! :)

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a solution after hours and hours of trying different things and searching the net for answers. I'm currently resetting the PC and will be returning it for a replacement.

• Thanks
Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Performance Settings -> Visual Effects ... Check the box for "Show translucent selection rectangle"

If it doesn't work, uncheck and recheck again.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles
Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Performance Settings -> Visual Effects ... Check the box for "Show translucent selection rectangle"

If it doesn't work, uncheck and recheck again.
Thanks John, I appreciate the help! I ended up taking it back for a replacement on Sunday though, which I picked up yesterday and everything seems fine with this one thankfully. Even the guys in the shop had no idea what the strange symbol was, and I never received a response on the official Lenovo forums, so it was obviously something very unusual. It does make me wonder if your tip would've worked though - maybe you know for a fact that it would have?

dont know for a fact, but found that for a fix you were describing and 81 people thumbed it up as helping. *shrug*

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
dont know for a fact, but found that for a fix you were describing and 81 people thumbed it up as helping. *shrug*
You must be much better at Googling than me then lol - I searched for hours and didn't come across anything remotely similar to my issue. Least now I know to bug you first if I experience anything like it again. :p