Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: November 6, 2017
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £32.99

03-4543.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
Great show! Would love to pick this up, but I always worry that they won't release steels for future seasons... or give them unmatching artwork, like with Better Call Saul. (n)

I'm really not a fan of the art

Would pick it up but in a sale around £20 or less. I'll have to see pics first. Matte would be ugly

Great show though

Arts awful...dosen't really capture the themes of Westworld at all

It would be better if they somehow managed to make it like the game they have in the series with the little ball inside and all. Now that would be something...and unique.

Yeah the downside of collecting series steelbooks is like gambling, you may not getting the matching artworks or even worse is you don't even get to complete them at all... anyway steelbook looks sweet just give it full gloss and debossed treatment and we got a winner...

Arts awful...dosen't really capture the themes of Westworld at all

It would be better if they somehow managed to make it like the game they have in the series with the little ball inside and all. Now that would be something...and unique.
I've not seen this show yet, but that was my impression of the art too. It's too gimmicky. Added to that, does the steelbooks have the booklet that the regular version has? I've gone for the regular bluray instead.

Yeah the downside of collecting series steelbooks is like gambling, you may not getting the matching artworks or even worse is you don't even get to complete them at all... anyway steelbook looks sweet just give it full gloss and debossed treatment and we got a winner...

That's exactly what is putting me off. It works for series 1 because that symbol crops up often, but will later series have unique symbols throughout the narrative? Chances are future steelbooks won't match, or at best they will all have exactly the same symbol but with a different colour tone for the background.

Reactions: goufcustom
Got mine today. At first when it was sealed I didn't really like it that much. Once opened it's really growing on me even though the debossing on the front pops like crazy and sounds like a drum. It's similar to the District 12 Hunger Games Futureshop steelbook if anyone remembers that.

The steelbook, although not gloss, is a very smooth matte finish. Probably a Zero finish. First booklet is the standard insert you get with seasons (telling you what's on each disc). The second booklet is the collectors book which is probably the same as the Best Buy one.

All in all I like it! Here's some pics under house lights.

IMG_2264.JPG IMG_2266.JPG IMG_2267.JPG IMG_2268.JPG IMG_2270.JPG IMG_2271.JPG IMG_2272.JPG

I've now ordered two of these and both have arrived with misprinted spines where the text is blurry and unreadable.

Anyone else encountered this?

Thanks