Cancelled Westworld (Season 4) [HBO]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
Westworld
coming to HBO in October 2016.

Westworld' is a dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the future of sin. The one-hour drama features actors Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Evan Rachel Wood, James Marsden, Thandie Newton, Jeffrey Wright, Rodrigo Santoro, Shannon Woodward, Ingrid Bolsø Berdal, Angela Sarafyan, and Simon Quarterman.

Jonathan Nolan serves as executive producer/writer/director; Lisa Joy as executive producer/writer; executive producers are J.J. Abrams, Jerry Weintraub, and Bryan Burk.

'Westworld' is inspired by the film of the same name, written and directed by Michael Crichton.

westworld-logo-1.jpg

Last edited:
This show definitely gets better with each episode! Glad I stuck with it now. I'm finally up to the latest episode (ep 9) and waiting for the last one along with the rest of you... can't wait to see what happens! :ohno:

Just watched the last episode and loved it. For me everything was needed for the ending to pay off. Some will see it differently but I loved it.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Just watched the last episode and loved it. For me everything was needed for the ending to pay off. Some will see it differently but I loved it.

I thought it was great too!
Some of the twists I saw coming. but thats ok. Still a fantastic episode and season.
The only thing I was sad we didn't get an answer for, was what happened to Elsie and Stubbs!? Guess we will have to wait until next year.

That finale, just... WOW! :OMG:

I love that each episode topped the last, making the build up towards the end of the season really tense and exciting. They answered most of the burning questions, but left just enough unanswered to make me want to come back for more in season 2. I totally wasn't expecting an after credits scene either... such a bad ass way to end a show. :D

PS.
For a second I thought they may actually move on to Samurai World (or whatever that department with the samurais was) for season 2. Would be kind of cool if they did wrap up each season and move on to another world, but in a way I'm also glad they're not doing that... I want more of Dolores! :p

• Thanks
Reactions: jitstark and kaw
I thought it was great too!
Some of the twists I saw coming. but thats ok. Still a fantastic episode and season.
The only thing I was sad we didn't get an answer for, was what happened to Elsie and Stubbs!? Guess we will have to wait until next year.

Elsie got killed by Bernard. That was shown when Bernard was going through his memories in the last episode.

I love this for so many reasons. I'm totally into Existentialism. I love how this show came at this and the subject of A.I. from the viewpoint of science and religion (I'm pretty much an Existential Nihilist btw.). Everyone's character arc and motivations are based in Buddism/Buddhas 4 noble truths:

1. Life is suffering.
2. Suffering comes from attachment.
3. Suffering ends when you let go of attachment.
4. Nirvana/Transcendence

You can break down all the main players into this eg. Delores life was suffering, Delores was attached to William through her love for him. Her suffering ends when she realises that William is no longer the man she loved. She finally hears her voice. Ford goes into his own suffering of losing Arnold. His love for Arnold keeps his project/Delores/quest for consciousness going. He lets go when he realises he's going to get booted out. Ford then achieves Arnolds goals. etc etc.

There's so much more that I could go into, I'd love to hear you thoughts on it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
@jitstark
See... I don't think Elsie is actually dead. If anything this show has given us its that a hosts memories can't be taken as proof of anything because they can be manipulated. So Bernard thinking he killed Elise may not be true, or the whole truth. When ANY tv shows kills off an important character, you actually show it. If there is any reasonable doubt that a character died, they probably didn't. Everyone loves it when characters "come back" when you thought they were gone, so I think they are saving that for next season as a reveal.

And, Why have the whole Stubbs storyline with him going out search to for Elsie. And then ALSO have a non-committal death with him.

My prediction was that Elsie sent that signal to Stubbs about where she is so he would find her. She knows things about what is going on in with the park and he was the only one she could trust.
I do find it odd to leave this story thread hanging until next season so maybe I'm completely wrong here. But I hope I'm not.

Very Interesting on your 4 truths point. Seems like that is exactly what they were using for their storytelling for this.

This is such a great show! I actually wish we didn't have internet while watching this, so many theories went around that a few of them were bound to be right and ended up spoiling a lot of the surprises. I'm not sure where season 2 will go, but I can't wait to find out.

Edit: Just read this interview with Jonathan Nolan on EW. Interesting...
I have to ask about the sidelining of Elsie (Shannon Woodward), who is being teased on HBO’s Delos website as being alive, and Stubbs (Luke Hemsworth). It felt like there might have been a non-storyline reason for her being offscreen, or that you got into a corner, writing-wise, and weren’t sure what to do with her for the final episodes. And with Stubbs, I was thinking he could have led the armed response team in the finale instead of having a team full of characters we didn’t know. It was a curious decision and I couldn’t tell whether it was creative or there was another reason they weren’t around?

NOLAN: Look, we love working with Luke and Shannon.

JOY: There were early incarnations where we tied up those arcs [in the finale]. I’m not saying how – I’m just saying we tied them up.

NOLAN: I wouldn’t say “tied them up.” I would say we unspooled them in an uncertain future.

JOY: Where we elucidated their fate more explicitly. But their fates — we know where they’re going and we’ll get there.

NOLAN: We dearly love both those actors. We also, you know, it was not our intention to spin out huge mysteries ad infinitum. We wanted to resolve some pretty important storytelling. But we didn’t want to answer every question.

Last edited:
@jitstark
See... I don't think Elsie is actually dead. If anything this show has given us its that a hosts memories can't be taken as proof of anything because they can be manipulated. So Bernard thinking he killed Elise may not be true, or the whole truth. When ANY tv shows kills off an important character, you actually show it. If there is any reasonable doubt that a character died, they probably didn't. Everyone loves it when characters "come back" when you thought they were gone, so I think they are saving that for next season as a reveal.

And, Why have the whole Stubbs storyline with him going out search to for Elsie. And then ALSO have a non-committal death with him.

My prediction was that Elsie sent that signal to Stubbs about where she is so he would find her. She knows things about what is going on in with the park and he was the only one she could trust.
I do find it odd to leave this story thread hanging until next season so maybe I'm completely wrong here. But I hope I'm not.

Very Interesting on your 4 truths point. Seems like that is exactly what they were using for their storytelling for this.

This is such a great show! I actually wish we didn't have internet while watching this, so many theories went around that a few of them were bound to be right and ended up spoiling a lot of the surprises. I'm not sure where season 2 will go, but I can't wait to find out.

The Stubbs thing is a bit of a loose end. Maybe Ford realised he needed his off the table because he's the only security guy worth a damn and might mess up his plan when Meaeve went through with hers.

Elsie could be alive but I still Bernard did her over. He seemed pretty cut up about it when he remembered choking her out and once he had access to his full memories he didn't seem to find one that exonerated him.

I've got another theory for you. Was that the real Ford that got killed? When Bernard was killing that other lady in the basement you saw him printing another body but it's never explained who's it is. Looks like we'll have to wait until 2018 to find out

• Thanks
@jitstark Check out my edit with the EW interview.

I LOVE your last theory!! We never did find out who Ford was creating in the basement... could be anyone!

I just read the interview and trawled the Westworld and Delos websites. You could be right about Elsie.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
I hope Anthony Hopkins returns for season two! It's been an absolute pleasure watching him in this! From what I've heard season two is going to be bigger and better than S1 they are taking their time producing it and it won't be with us till 2018 which is gonna drive me crazy!

• Thanks
Reactions: jitstark

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment brings HBO’s most-watched new series to Blu-ray, DVD and groundbreaking 4K Ultra HD on November 7, 2017. Featuring all 10 episodes from the series’ acclaimed first season, plus immersive never-before-seen special features, including three all new featurettes and a gag reel, Westworld: Season One is priced to own at $49.99 SRP for the DVD, $54.97 SRP for the Blu-ray and $64.99 SRP for the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo-Pack.
westworld bluray.jpg
Created a thread for it >>> HERE!
popcorn2.gif

What a time to be alive... so many great trailers released over the last day or so. Can't wait for season 2! :woot:
@Noodles I know right! :woot: This years Comic-Con has had so many fu**ing awesome trailers! 2018 has a lot to live to! ;)

Now as for Season 2 of Westworld, my goodness it looks incredible! Loved the short and sweet teaser, can't wait! :hungry:

• Thanks
@Noodles I know right! :woot: This years Comic-Con has had so many fu**ing awesome trailers! 2018 has a lot to live to! ;)

Now as for Season 2 of Westworld, my goodness it looks incredible! Loved the short and sweet teaser, can't wait! :hungry:
All we need to top of the weekend is for Marvel to officially release the Infinity Wars trailer... doesn't look like it's going to happen though unfortunately. :(

Watching the season 2 trailer has actually made me want to rewatch season 1... such an awesome show! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007