What are you buying next for your Home Theater(s)?

The checkerboard 3d player and some glasses, though it keeps getting pushed to the backseat for media wants ;p

Glen, that's cool-I've not heard of that one before.

ya they announced about 6 months ago that they were taking 3D technology and going to make it so up to 3 different things could be playing on the same screen. This would include gaming and would eliminate split screening for same screen multi player games. BUT the big reason I'd be into it is so I could game while my bride watches all those terrible TV shows she watches, hahaha. Of course only one person would be able to utilize the rooms sound system. I'll gladly take the headphones :)

Panasonic VT30 55''in April....i have an old Toshiba 1080p LCD and i want to make the move to Plasma TV & 3D...

checked out the VT25 series at the dealer was pretty happy with the 3D effect's of Avatar even thou it's not the greatest movie IMO..the 3D effect's were nice!

Last edited:
Think I may be getting 2 new BD players here soon ... 1) to go region free finally and 2) to do 3d on a diff tv that requires a certain player.

Well my first NS player is 3D Sony 370 or summat. A nice black receiver to replace my aging Pioneer 912 would be nice, needs HDMI. TV stays and speakers have to stay cos they're small NXT type ones.

An interesting read in Sound and Vision claims that non glasses technology will not be giving your eyes 1080p 3D.

I will try and post the info later.

Anyways, I didnt buy this .... I made it ...

I wanted to raise my TV up (61") so I made a stand and this allowed me to bring my Center Channel down because it was on top of the TV as to not get in the way of the view. Now it is down .... though now I'm debating cutting a whole in the wooden box stand I made so that I can insert the speaker in a little more than half way for possibly a better cosmetic appeal ....

DSCF7984.JPG

Getting ready for new (front) speakers to arrive! :naughty:

This is what's above the TV ... an awkward angle of a shot but the above poster (made of a high gloss premium material) is over 6 ft in width so hard to fit in a shot.

DSCF7985.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: