what film are you most looking forward to this year? 2017

Basil

The Helpful Fox
Premium Supporter
Oct 13, 2013
UK portsmouth
as title says what film are you most looking foward to this year?
there is a fair good list this year and whats tinkled your curiosity or what has your attention?

we a few months in now whats your thoughts :cool:

046657ede3154549514cc754684cdd013f51e7c5ffee9a90fc5cab6ef1d1b1ab.jpg

basil :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
There's only one movie I'm really interested in and I've honesty watched the trailer (trailer #2) about 20 times and that's not including trailer breakdowns and reaction video's and that's
ALIEN COVENANT
ZomboMeme05032017200515 05032017200515.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Basil
There's only one movie I'm really interested in and I've honesty watched the trailer (trailer #2) about 20 times and that's not including trailer breakdowns and reaction video's and that's
ALIEN COVENANT

See... It's hard for me to get excited for Alien Covenant because Prometheus had an amazing trailer- one that I probably watched about 40 times before seeing the film.
And the film was a big pile of doodoo. That- and Ridley Scott just... hasn't been on point for the past... 9 years...?

I don't know- I'll see it- but probably because of for how much I've invested in this franchise already.
LIFE is shaping up to be a perfectly fine remake of the original Alien movie, though...

See... It's hard for me to get excited for Alien Covenant because Prometheus had an amazing trailer- one that I probably watched about 40 times before seeing the film.
And the film was a big pile of doodoo. That- and Ridley Scott just... hasn't been on point for the past... 9 years...?

I don't know- I'll see it- but probably because of for how much I've invested in this franchise already.
LIFE is shaping up to be a perfectly fine remake of the original Alien movie, though...
Total opposite for me! Prometheus is probably one of the best sci-fi movies ever made IMHO! I actually watched it again the other night it 3D and saw some stuff I missed previously which was awesome! There is a hell of a lot going on in that movie that just isn't in yer face so to speak.
The Engineers the black goo, just mind blowing stuff and I think a lot of it just went over most people's heads! Plus it's the set up for Covenant! David is crucial to the story and the development of the Xenomorphs!

Total opposite for me! Prometheus is probably one of the best sci-fi movies ever made IMHO! I actually watched it again the other night it 3D and saw some stuff I missed previously which was awesome! There is a hell of a lot going on in that movie that just isn't in yer face so to speak.
The Engineers the black goo, just mind blowing stuff and I think a lot of it just went over most people's heads! Plus it's the set up for Covenant! David is crucial to the story and the development of the Xenomorphs!

From what I understand, David isn't going to be in Alien Covenant, Michael Fassbender is simply playing a different model of Android created by the Weyland (is it also Yutani at this point?) Corporation.
I.... I hated Prometheus. Which is sad to say- I went in all excited with my Nostromo Patch Jacket and just found.... nothing.

Empty dialogue. Misplaced character traits. Illogical actions. An uneventful third act reveal. A complete irrelevance to the franchise. Some stiff acting from some of the cast. A very dry- machine like efficiency to the construction of the film. Forgettable characters. Everything about Prometheus to me screamed "Modern Day Sci-Fi Horror Film", but not in the "Pandorum" more like in the "Passengers" sense. I felt that Prometheus betrayed the building blocks that were essential to the original Alien film's success, and that felt unforgivable...

So- I guess- it's like one of those times where, when I say I'm a Star Wars fan, I have to clarify that I like 3 of the 8 films.
Likewise, I'm an Alien fan, but I only like 2 of 7 films.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Steelbookzombie
From what I understand, David isn't going to be in Alien Covenant, Michael Fassbender is simply playing a different model of Android created by the Weyland (is it also Yutani at this point?) Corporation.
I.... I hated Prometheus. Which is sad to say- I went in all excited with my Nostromo Patch Jacket and just found.... nothing.

Empty dialogue. Misplaced character traits. Illogical actions. An uneventful third act reveal. A complete irrelevance to the franchise. Some stiff acting from some of the cast. A very dry- machine like efficiency to the construction of the film. Forgettable characters. Everything about Prometheus to me screamed "Modern Day Sci-Fi Horror Film", but not in the "Pandorum" more like in the "Passengers" sense. I felt that Prometheus betrayed the building blocks that were essential to the original Alien film's success, and that felt unforgivable...

So- I guess- it's like one of those times where, when I say I'm a Star Wars fan, I have to clarify that I like 3 of the 8 films.
Yeah David plays a major part in Alien Covenant he's been a naughty boy on planet Paradise! And yeah there is another artificial person called Walter who is part of the Covenant crew and is the same model as David only slightly more advanced. Prometheus was only the first in a trilogy of films building up to the prequel of Alien so of course it will be far removed from the original i dont think many people understood that so perhaps it will make more sense after viewing Covenant.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: FN-2187
Yeah David plays a major part in Alien Covenant he's been a naughty boy on planet Paradise! And yeah there is another artificial person called Walter who is part of the Covenant crew and is the same model as David only slightly more advanced. Prometheus was only the first in a trilogy of films building up to the prequel of Alien so of course it will be far removed from the original i dont think many people understood that so perhaps it will make more sense after viewing Covenant.

Prometheus was so far removed from the alien franchise in the sense that it's almost entirely dismissible. Nothing in the film is a precursor to the Alien franchise either in concept or theme- the only common thread is the tone of each of the films- and even Prometheus dips in to comedy during the 10 minute segment of the film where everything turns in to "Burn the acrobatic Space Zombie with the flamethrower". Even the sense that the world in the film was LV-223 and not LV-426 made the entire endeavor with the derelict seem almost completely coincidental.

Now, am I saying that this was an elaborate set up for a precursor to the Alien Franchise that was always intended to be a trilogy? No.
More than likely- this film was an Alien Inspired story that was intended as fan-fiction from the horribly nonsensical Damon Lindelof that was so misguided that the only redeeming qualities of the film need to be salvaged in a sequel that was never intended to happen- if that wasn't clear enough from Ridley Scott constantly back tracking on whether Prometheus was a proper prequel or a spin off to the Alien Franchise.

Besides- I learned from Jurassic World that you can't just stick a recognizable monster in a modern day blockbuster and hope to replicate the same precision that the original film had.
But whereas Jurassic World was a horrible travesty of constant bad idea piled on top of bad idea- Alien: Covenant just looks.... mediocre at best. Obviously, I haven't seen the film and there are chances that I could still be blown away by it- but I have faith in neither the story, direction, nor the production team. If anything- I would want to see this film if not solely to see Danny McBride stretch his horror film muscles before his sequel to Halloween.

• Thanks

Well, your problem is this: you were told Prometheus was not an Alien film, and not to go into it expecting an Alien film. But you went ahead and went in expecting an Alien film, only to be let down that it wasn't an Alien film.
That is on you.
Prometheus takes place in the same universe, but is not a specifically Alien film.
On its own, it is quite a nice adventure.
(And don't get me started on the fanboys favorite pastime of blaming Lindelof for everything wrong in the known universe. That is really tired, and played).
Judge Covenant when you see it. Not on a trailer.

• Thanks
Well, your problem is this: you were told Prometheus was not an Alien film, and not to go into it expecting an Alien film. But you went ahead and went in expecting an Alien film, only to be let down that it wasn't an Alien film.
That is on you.
Yes I think a lot of people did that and as a result totally missed the point of what R.S. was trying to do!

Reactions: C.C. 95