what film are you most looking forward to this year? 2017

Basil

The Helpful Fox
Premium Supporter
Oct 13, 2013
UK portsmouth
as title says what film are you most looking foward to this year?
there is a fair good list this year and whats tinkled your curiosity or what has your attention?

we a few months in now whats your thoughts :cool:

046657ede3154549514cc754684cdd013f51e7c5ffee9a90fc5cab6ef1d1b1ab.jpg

basil :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Well, your problem is this: you were told Prometheus was not an Alien film, and not to go into it expecting an Alien film. But you went ahead and went in expecting an Alien film, only to be let down that it wasn't an Alien film.
That is on you.
Prometheus takes place in the same universe, but is not a specifically Alien film.
On its own, it is quite a nice adventure.
(And don't get me started on the fanboys favorite pastime of blaming Lindelof for everything wrong in the known universe. That is really tired, and played).
Judge Covenant when you see it. Not on a trailer.

The problem isn't that we all misunderstood what Ridley Scott was trying to tell us- the problem is the fact that he said- very clearly, that YES, IT IS AN ALIEN PREQUEL.
The misunderstanding comes from him constantly changing his answer within the interviews and press-junkets that were to follow.
Even on it's own- Prometheus isn't a good film- it's a mediocre film.

It's the result of what happens when classic horror cinema and principles are corrupted by the desire to cash in on a modern day horror attempt. It's not good. It's fine- at best.
And this opinion is coming from a fan- but first and foremost, it's coming from a critic.

And to be quite honest with you- I can blame Lindelof. He's a bad screenwriter. I can blame him as much as I can blame Max Landis or David S. Goyer for being bad screenwriters too. Or Michael Bay for being a bad Director. So don't dismiss an entire argument by saying that something is "tired and played", that just shows your ignorance to an artist's past body of work.
Blaming the production talent behind a project is as much scapegoating as it is to point at the person holding a bloody knife and saying "He did it".

I will see Alien Covenant despite my reservations, and I'm sure I'll talk about. However this is all speculating. I'm not saying Alien Covenant will be a bad film based on the trailer- I'm saying that I'm not excited for it based on the previous direction of the franchise.

The Last Jedi. This is the most anticipated movie for me ever. As a huge Star Wars and Mark Hamill fan to see Luke Skywalker back in action is a dream come true. Also there's been a talk that Mark Hamill gives a Oscar nomination worthy performance in Episode 8.

Other movie that I'm really excited about is Blade Runner. Also interested to see Ghost In The Shell, Pirates Of The Caribbean and Alien Covenant.

I kinda feel that the films I've been looking forward to most have already hit (Logan, Kong), but nevertheless, I'd probably say that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Wonder Woman, and Alien: Covenant (in order) are what I'm looking forward to most. Also, after the trailer today, I'm really looking forward to IT.

After that trailer, definitely IT. Its funny, before the trailer I had absolutely no interest in it. 2 minutes & 22 seconds is all it took to completely turn me around & make it one of my most anticipated movies of the year.

Blade Runner 2049. Blade Runner is one of my top five favorite movies of all time, I really hope this delivers. Same writer as the previous one & Denis Villeneuve can do no wrong in my eyes so I'm sure it'll deliver.

Star Wars Episode 8. Because its Star Wars.