What is your personal "grail" Steelbook?

jcm

Premium Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Texas
I know in collecting many of us have personal "grails" and I was wondering what yours were. They don't have to be rare or expensive, just that item you had to have. Looking at my collection I know mine aren't the most expensive in my collection but I had to have these with no intention of ever selling.

The Dark Knight Korea (great movie and looks awesome)
POTC the Curse of the Black Pearl (got me started collecting SBs)
John Carter Future Shop VMB (IMO one of the best looking VMBs and underrated film)
Jurassic Park JB Hi Fi (my favorite movie and didnt want a trilogy Steel)

What are yours? Try to limit to 5 or less

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 208
Last edited by a moderator:
Top 3:

Volt (Virgin France Exclusive MetalPack)

Solomon Kane (Dutch MetalPack)

Terminator Salvation (Future Shop Exclusive IronPack)

I really love many of my steelbooks, especially Pop Arts and Mondos or the Game of Thrones steelies including magnets, but if it comes to grails, there are just a few in my collection..

#1 - Sucker Punch (Comic Con Exclusive G1)
I've been looking for that one for quite a while and really don't like G1 normally, but this is not only rare but one terrific beauty. Love just looking at it.. :)
#2 - The Raid (KimchiDVD Exclusive Sextuple Pack)
Two great movies, the sequel is probably one of my favourite movies of all time. Definitely deserving a great set like that. Unbelievable pieces of art!
#3 - Back to the Future I-III (Amazon.co Exclusive)
Part I & II are among my all-time favourites. Didn't get the UK tin box, so I did go for the japanese steelbooks, not regretting that decisions.

Army Of Darkness (zavvi exclusive): Awesome artwork with great colors and no title on the front. It's a beauty!
Guardians Of The Galaxy (blufans): Great artwork and embossed. The best GOTG release!
Iron Man (blufans): Epic artwork with fantastic embossing.
The Boondock Saint: The Steelbook is stunning.

Last edited:
In no order as I love all the movies below, all in hand in my collection.

Wreck It Ralph Lenticular/Jack Reacher (Blufans) - Got me into premium packaged steelbooks almost 3 years ago.
Riddick (Japan) - Waited nearly a year for a good deal. Worth the wait!
Gladiator (HDzeta) - The best designed steelbook in the world!!
Captain America: TWS Lenticular (Novamedia) - My favorite Marvel film and Lenti is beautiful.

Honorable mention:
John Wick Lenticular (Novamedia) - One of my favorite films in the last 25 years.
I Saw The Devil PET (Plain Archive) - One of my favorite overseas films in the last 25 years.