"What Steelbook Is This?" - Steelbook I.D. Thread

So the stickers along the bottom of the front cover were on the standard version aswell? I don't understand German so I am not sure about the listing. But if this is the standard version, then surely my mate got ripped off!

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

The stickers are a little confusing as I cannot seem to find anything on the web regardign a TDK FR Steelbook with those stickers

So the stickers along the bottom of the front cover were on the standard version aswell? I don't understand German so I am not sure about the listing. But if this is the standard version, then surely my mate got ripped off!

this is the standard version.
is the french release,
but FNAC had one with ''exclusive to FNAC'' sticker which is the rarest of TDK if sealed....i am not sure he got a good deal though..i am unaware of the price...

I see the FNAC banner on the true FNAC version and agree this cant be the FNAC but the stickers along the bottom are ambiguous. I thought those stickers and the tag line under the title of "Edition Collector Deux Discs" belonged to FNAC version only.

If anyone can find any information online about the standard version looking like this, with the stickers and tag line, please link me.

I see the FNAC banner on the true FNAC version and agree this cant be the FNAC but the stickers along the bottom are ambiguous. I thought those stickers and the tag line under the title of "Edition Collector Deux Discs" belonged to FNAC version only.

If anyone can find any information online about the standard version looking like this, with the stickers and tag line, please link me.

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/8667/&highlight=dark+knight

this is the link of HDN....
to be honest you are right those bottom stickers belonged to FNAC and not sure if the standard version had them.
although the standard version a friend told me it was around £40...
so i am guessing now, he either got ripped off by the seller sticking a few stickers on a normal version
or he got a deal cause it was missing the FNAC sticker...

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/8667/&highlight=dark+knight

this is the link of HDN....
to be honest you are right those bottom stickers belonged to FNAC and not sure if the standard version had them.
although the standard version a friend told me it was around £40...
so i am guessing now, he either got ripped off by the seller sticking a few stickers on a normal version
or he got a deal cause it was missing the FNAC sticker...

I agree that stickers can be faked but note on the regular version, there is no tag line in french about it being a collectors edition with 2 discs....

Of course this is an expensive gamble for him so he's either got the standard one (£40) or the FNAC without the FNAC banner.

I'm inclined to say this has more of a possibility of being the FNAC due to the collectors edition tagline under the title unless of course anyone confirm that France released a standard 2 disc collectors edition of TDK?

The stickers can be faked but the tag cannot so its important to know. Its a shame there isn't really any additional pictures to see if a Comic Book was included. I've tried to zoom in on the image and there seems to be a slightly overlapping black border but its inconclusive.

I'd appreciate any additional feedback.

Thanks,

According to this thread both French steelbooks have 2 discs

More info

In that thread, you can see the regular and FNAC. But the version I have linked on ebay is different because it has collectors edition wrote on it, which in the above thread, the regular version does not.

Anyways, I think this item may be a fake..... OR, there could have been a third release of this in FR.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Ok my conclusion, there are three versions.

FNAC - shown here https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/8667/&highlight=dark+knight

Regular shown here - https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/8667/&highlight=dark+knight (this doesnt have the collectors edition tag line)

Amazon FR shown here - http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B001DJF26E/?tag=hidefnin0a-21 (this does have the collectors edition tagline)

In the Amazon link, if you click on the pictures, you will see this image too:

http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B001DJF26E/?tag=hidefnin0a-21

I believe the one sold on ebay, is a repackaged Amazon FR Bluray with the added stickers to make it look like the FNAC version.

Its a homebrew (ebay) and I am going to tell my mate not to pay!

I agree that stickers can be faked but note on the regular version, there is no tag line in french about it being a collectors edition with 2 discs....

Of course this is an expensive gamble for him so he's either got the standard one (£40) or the FNAC without the FNAC banner.

I'm inclined to say this has more of a possibility of being the FNAC due to the collectors edition tagline under the title unless of course anyone confirm that France released a standard 2 disc collectors edition of TDK?

The stickers can be faked but the tag cannot so its important to know. Its a shame there isn't really any additional pictures to see if a Comic Book was included. I've tried to zoom in on the image and there seems to be a slightly overlapping black border but its inconclusive.

I'd appreciate any additional feedback.

Thanks,

didnt notice it before you said it, possibly and hopefully for your mate, it would be right what you are saying...
i really do not know what else to say...
so many things happening but this one seems like the FNAC sticker was just removed...

Thought it would be a good idea to have an identification thread for the many steelbooks and metal editions out there. Members can post pics of steelbooks they want more knowledge on and other member can share what they know about it.

Not sure if a thread like this already exists but if so, a mod can delete or put this in the original thread.

To start it off, which version of Avatar is this (Country)?

$T2eC16dHJG8E9nyfpmzJBRv0iOP8wg~~60_57.JPG

*got the pic from an ebay listing

Malaysia cause RM is their currency and Tulen KPDN & HEP Original hologram is Malaysian anti-piracy sticker.

Last edited:
Reactions: nkb32